Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

Environmentalists claim policeman's speech violated their civil rights{Klamath Basin}
http://cgi.sacbee.com/news ^ | AP

Posted on 09/04/2001 2:51:08 PM PDT by freedomnews

Edited on 04/12/2004 5:31:19 PM PDT by Jim Robinson. [history]

KLAMATH FALLS, Ore. (AP) -- Claiming their civil rights were violated by a policeman warning of violence over shutting off water to farmers, two environmentalists filed claims Tuesday against the city for $100,000 each.

Because Lt. Jack Redfied was in uniform and backed by other police officers when he mentioned Andy Kerr and Wendell Wood by name, it appeared he had the backing of the city when he made the July 25 speech, attorney Gary K. Kahn wrote in a letter to the city.

(Excerpt) Read more at cgi.sacbee.com ...

TOPICS: Crime/Corruption; News/Current Events
KEYWORDS:
Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-4041-6061-8081-100 next last

1 posted on 12/31/1969 4:00:00 PM PST by freedomnews
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: freedomnews
Wood is a field representative of the Oregon Natural Resources Council, which has been working on behalf of fish and wildlife in the Klamath Basin. Kerr is a consultant working with ONRC to develop support for a federal buyout of basin farmers to reduce water demand.

Wood and Kerr are enemies domestic and are trying to censor opposition.

2 posted on 12/31/1969 4:00:00 PM PST by Hacksaw
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

Any money from the claim would be given to Indian and commercial fishermen hurt by diversion of water from the Klamath River to irrigate farms on the Klamath Project.

Were these Kerr's exact words? I hope the Native American population sues for a violation of their civil rights. This type of language is HIGHLY offensive and quite disgusting.

3 posted on 12/31/1969 4:00:00 PM PST by NittanyLion

To: Hacksaw
Environmentalists Organizations Exposed {Our Klamath Basin Water Crisis}
4 posted on 12/31/1969 4:00:00 PM PST by freedomnews
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

Klamath Valley Farm Land Buyout - The Big Business behind the ONRC and Andy Kerr
5 posted on 12/31/1969 4:00:00 PM PST by freedomnews
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

Does this Wendell Wood clown have an email addy?
6 posted on 12/31/1969 4:00:00 PM PST by Hacksaw

Comment #7 Removed by Moderator

VOICE YOUR OPINION!

Free Internet Fax Service
Free E-Mail to Fax from your computer, just fill in form on page , they do the rest.
Make sure you enter fax # like this 12024562461 (no spaces or -)
Areas they SEND free faxes to includes ALL of WASH. DC Area Code 202

Is the number you want them to SEND FREE FAX covered?

Complete list of areas they SEND FREE FAXES to

White House Fax (202) 456-2461
(202) 456-6538 alternate fax number given out by White House

Congress.Org -- Write to Congress and State Legislators
Locate Legislators for your zip code, gives you links to YOUR local Legislators with phone, e-mail etc info.

Guide to Local Media
Locate media in your zip code, gives you links to YOUR local media with phone, e-mail etc info.
8 posted on 12/31/1969 4:00:00 PM PST by 68-69TonkinGulfYachtClub
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

To: farmfriend
ping
9 posted on 12/31/1969 4:00:00 PM PST by 68-69TonkinGulfYachtClub

Perhaps Law Enforcement Hero Redfied should have said:

"Andy Kerr and Wendell Wood are a couple of effeminate pansies. I would not be surprised if they sit down to pee. Unfortunately, I have discovered in my line of work that effeminate pansies like Kerr and Wood often say and do things that make no sense whatever to normal individuals, and they tend to become extremely agitated, and squeal in a very annoying high pitch like spoiled little school girls when they are resisted. As much as I'd personally enjoy kicking their sorry, pansified little pinko commie butts right on down to the suckerfish spawning beds, I will not, because I have sworn to uphold the law. But since I can't be everywhere to protect them at all times, they should cut the crap before some dehydrated farmer takes matters into his own hands."

But that's just my opinion.
10 posted on 12/31/1969 4:00:00 PM PST by Demosthenes

do you realize that it's law to be ahead of these environmental agencies throughout the country that you must have environmental a science degree.

How did that come about to being a law?

Even holding the office of president, wouldn't require anything like this. The more I realize that America has been lost.

11 posted on 12/31/1969 4:00:00 PM PST by freedomnews
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

BUMP
12 posted on 12/31/1969 4:00:00 PM PST by Hacksaw
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

"It won't take much from Andy Kerr or Wendell Wood or their like to spark an extremely violent response," Redfield said in the speech. "I am talking about rioting, homicides, destruction of property like dams that hold the precious water from the agricultural community."

If that's all he said, I don't see a threat here. What we have is a policement making an objective statement of risks to the safety of Kerr, Woods and public property.

13 posted on 12/31/1969 4:00:00 PM PST by annalex

To: Demosthenes
SEEMS TO ME THAT THE ENVIRONMENTALISTS ARE CONTROLLING AMERICA.

FROM WATER RIGHTS TO GUN RIGHTS TO PROPERTY RIGHTS,ECT.

14 posted on 12/31/1969 4:00:00 PM PST by freedomnews
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 10 | View Replies]

"Some of the landowners we worked with to negotiate this deal asked to testify today, but were told the witness list was already full. Others are afraid to speak up publicly about their desire to sell. Many would have sold years ago if their had been any market. Some are old, others are tired of losing money, others are tired of the uncertainty of farming these days. I'm sorry to have to note that these willing sellers have been verbally abused and threatened for their stance by some of their neighbors. One would have thought that one of the most basic of property rights is the right to sell it." http://resourcescommittee.house.gov/resources/107cong/fullcomm/2001june16/kerr.htm Perhaps he should be called on this statement before Congress. I don't believe it. Full witness lists sounds fishy.
15 posted on 12/31/1969 4:00:00 PM PST by monkeywrench
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

To: All
Joseph Farah has a commentary on Redfield's speech (http://www.worldnetdaily.com/commentary.asp) and there's also a copy of Redfield's total speech there. Good to read. There's also emails, faxes, etc. to the mayor and city manager. Let them have it, I did!!
16 posted on 12/31/1969 4:00:00 PM PST by Rockyrich
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 9 | View Replies]

To: marsh2 dixiechick2000 Helen Mama_Bear poet Grampa Dave doug from upland WolfsView Issaquahking Aunt
Ping
17 posted on 12/31/1969 4:00:00 PM PST by farmfriend
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 14 | View Replies]

To: amom TaRaRaBoomDeAyGoreLostToday! DLfromthedesert 68-69TonkinGulfYatchClub Nam Vet Carry_Okie RonDog
Ping
18 posted on 12/31/1969 4:00:00 PM PST by farmfriend
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 17 | View Replies]

To: JackelopeBreeder Clinton's a liar hondo68 Goddess50 dandelion OneidaM backhoe F-117A the crow Iscool
ping
19 posted on 12/31/1969 4:00:00 PM PST by farmfriend
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 18 | View Replies]

To: JudyB1938 G-Rated Archie Bunker on steroids lucyblue M1991 cibco Ol' Sox Iowa Granny Phil V. MileHi
ping
20 posted on 12/31/1969 4:00:00 PM PST by farmfriend
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 19 | View Replies]

Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-4041-6061-8081-100 next last

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson