Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

Gay households supply stability...
The Cavalier Daily (Univ. of VA) ^ | September 6, 2001 | Matt Pecori

Posted on 09/06/2001 10:50:05 AM PDT by The Other Harry

Edited on 04/13/2004 3:14:32 AM PDT by Jim Robinson. [history]

Last week, the University unveiled a study analyzing the decorations of children's bedrooms, sampling from a group of partnered heterosexual and lesbian parents. The study concluded that there were slight variations in the how the rooms were decorated: Heterosexual parents tended to decorate their daughters' rooms more femininely. In the boys' rooms, the study found no apparent gender difference between lesbian and straight parents.

(Excerpt) Read more at cavalierdaily.com ...

TOPICS: Culture/Society; Editorial
KEYWORDS:

1 posted on 09/06/2001 10:50:05 AM PDT by The Other Harry
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: The Other Harry
The use of the word "gay" is offensive as it is another happy euphamism for deviancy. As for stability, I have my doubts.
2 posted on 09/06/2001 10:54:30 AM PDT by mgc1122
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

Stability? Yeah - right...click here for a column on "stability".
3 posted on 09/06/2001 10:56:19 AM PDT by TomServo

In a recent study, a recent scientific study, it was found that most studies, especially studies done by Universities and University Psychology departments, are poorly done by people who have no understanding of the scientific method or of mathematics and have an extreme leftist political agenda.
4 posted on 09/06/2001 10:59:50 AM PDT by Random Access

Comment #5 Removed by Moderator

In the Florida case, the judge said that "it is undisputed that there is no fundamental right to adopt... Adoption is a privilege created by statute and not by common law." Though this may be true, there is no rational basis for a state to deny the "privilege" of adoption to their homosexual citizens; homophobia is not a rational basis.

No you idiot, it simply isn't just "may be true", it is undisputably true. Oh, and once again, when the queers are defeated, the basis of a judgement was "homophobia". Actually, they may be close here. We indeed are afraid of queers raising children.

Courts should consider only the children in determining custody issues.

So, if the person wishing to adopt is an ex-felon, and alcoholic or mentally ill, that would not matter, right? just the kids, right? Dumbass.

A child's best interests are met in a home with loving parents, and thus courts should approve any legitimate petition to adopt, regardless of the petitioner's sexuality.

Ah, but two guys sticking their wankers in each other's colon are not parents, they are at best confused and at worst mentally ill. This goes for lesbians as well. Two woman or two men living together in a "relationship" are not "loving", they are lusting. Its that simple.

6 posted on 09/06/2001 11:05:35 AM PDT by FreeTally

To: ALL
Actually, I have a question. Can a man and a woman who are not married adopt children? If so, is it more difficult than a married couple?
7 posted on 09/06/2001 11:07:47 AM PDT by FreeTally
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

What a bunch of BS.
8 posted on 09/06/2001 11:08:00 AM PDT by Pete53

To: mgc1122
As for stability, I have my doubts.

I have no doubts. My reaction is always the same...

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

9 posted on 09/06/2001 11:09:33 AM PDT by Publius6961
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

Comment #10 Removed by Moderator

Study finds increase in same-sex domestic violence reports SAN FRANCISCO (AP) -- Reports of domestic violence among gay and lesbian couples around the nation in 2000 increased 29 percent from the previous year, according to a report released Tuesday. There were 4,048 reports of domestic violence among lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender couples nationally, up from 3,120 in 1999, according to the National Coalition of Anti-Violence Programs.

In 1990, V.E. Coleman surveyed 90 lesbian couples and found that 46% experienced repeated acts of violence in their relationships. There is little information on gay and lesbian domestic violence for several reasons. First, only since 1987 have statistics regarding gay and lesbian domestic violence been collected. The San Francisco Police Department reported no fewer than 100 calls per month for gay and lesbian domestic violence in 1987. The New York City Gay and Lesbian Anti-Violence reported that 12-15% of their clients sought services there for domestic violence. Others reported figured as high as 39%. Also this report revealed that substance abuse has been empirically linked to committing acts of violence and being the victim of acts of violence in lesbian relationships. Source: Schilt, R., Lie, G., and Montagne, M., (1990), "Substance use as a correlate of violence in intimate lesbian relationships," Journal of Homosexuality, Vol. 19, pp.51-65.

A 1985 study of 1109 lesbians by Gwai-Yong Lie and Sabrina Gentlewarrier reported that slightly more than half of the respondents indicated that they had been abused by a female partner. Source: Gwat-Yong Lie & Gentlewarrier, "Intimate violence in lesbian relationships: Discussion of survey findings and practice implications," (1991) 15 Journal of Social Service Research 46, The Haworth Press
One study estimates that between 15-20% of gay and lesbian couples are affected by domestic violence and describe gay male domestic violence as "the third most severe health problem facing gay men today", trailing behind AIDS and substance abuse. The researchers estimated that approximately 500,000 gay men per year are battered by a violence partner. They also argue that the incidence of gay domestic violence is probably greater that heterosexual domestic violence because: there are two men in a gay couple, and either could be a batterer, there is still some social norm not to hit a woman, and there is no woman in gay relationships, there are social norms that combat between men is always mutual combat and men should fight to resolve differences, and there are additional stressors of gay and lesbian relationships not present in heterosexual relationships. Source: ref., Island, I., and P. Letellier, no. 17, supra, p. 11; Szymanski. M "Battered Husbands: Domestic Violence in Gay relationships," Genre Magazine, Fall 1991, pp. 36-37.

11 posted on 09/06/2001 11:13:33 AM PDT by AppyPappy

To: link
http://www.cprmd.org/Myth_Fact_010.htm
12 posted on 09/06/2001 11:15:25 AM PDT by AppyPappy
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 11 | View Replies]

I have nothing to add to this stupid analysis but that normal people throughout history have always been the group that has come out on top. Let the happy horsesh-- go on the results will not change. Gay is not normal and never will be, regardless of Vermont or Hawaii
13 posted on 09/06/2001 11:19:23 AM PDT by A+Bert (Outta here)

To: A+Bert
Gay is not normal and never will be, regardless of Vermont or Hawaii

You are not normal either. Does that mean you are gay?
Just Kidding

14 posted on 09/06/2001 11:30:53 AM PDT by Joe Driscoll
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 13 | View Replies]

To: Joe Driscoll
Sexually normal? You bet- Man-Woman. Now what normality are you thinking about? Put up or shut up. The ball is in your court.
15 posted on 09/06/2001 11:36:50 AM PDT by A+Bert (Outta here)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 14 | View Replies]

To: CarolynBe
I'll stick by my assertion that gay people are usually very emotionally troubled. Dig into their past and you'll find a broken home, abuse, or something equally tramatic that screwed them up and led them to believe that being homosexual and fighting it is the reason they are so unhappy.

Every single faggot that I have met personally and talked to had an emotionally troubled past which they weren't shy about sharing. Every single one was sexually abused as a child.

16 posted on 09/06/2001 11:46:38 AM PDT by Rightwing Conspiratr1
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 10 | View Replies]

To: Rightwing Conspirator1
Some of us will never be made to accept homosexuality, no matter what arguments are put forward; these articles are not for us, but for the weak-minded out there, who need "cover" to justify their acceptance or tolerance of this lifestyle. You can't fool all the people all the time, but this does not stop the homo community from trying.....
17 posted on 09/06/2001 11:51:56 AM PDT by Malcolm
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 16 | View Replies]

(Matt Pecori is a third-year Architecture student. He is president of the LGBTU at U.Va.)

Another off-the-beltway, below-the-beltline bi-cranial experiencing a curriculum crisis, I see.

18 posted on 09/06/2001 12:09:18 PM PDT by Old Professer

>>>The decision that adoption by homosexual couples was not in the best interest of children is offensive...<<<

Ah yes, the true mark of the leftist: the truth is offensive!

19 posted on 09/06/2001 4:51:07 PM PDT by FormerLib

20 posted on 09/07/2001 12:26:01 AM PDT by Jimbaugh

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson