Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

WHAT MADE KIDS MONSTERS?
New York Post ^ | 9/08/01 | ANDREA PEYSER

Posted on 09/08/2001 2:08:56 AM PDT by kattracks

Edited on 05/26/2004 5:00:39 PM PDT by Jim Robinson. [history]

The 8-year-old boy, accused of killing a baby of 4, faced seasoned police investigators.

He did not cry.

He did not apologize.

He did not wail for his mommy.

In fact, if the child understood something terrible had happened - a boy barely out of diapers was dead - he did not show it.

(Excerpt) Read more at nypost.com ...

TOPICS: Editorial; News/Current Events
KEYWORDS:
Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-4041-53 next last

1 posted on 09/08/2001 2:08:56 AM PDT by kattracks
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: kattracks
When will society realize that abortion devalues life? This 8 year old kid already knows it. No big deal, even doctors do it.
2 posted on 09/08/2001 2:31:42 AM PDT by Cagey
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

Comment #3 Removed by Moderator

Was the kid on Ritalin?
4 posted on 09/08/2001 2:49:48 AM PDT by StACase

Maybe he was one of those kids that spent 10 hours every day, playing one of those violent video games. 10 Hours of killing every day for the past several years might "influence" a young, impressionable mind.
5 posted on 09/08/2001 4:19:48 AM PDT by truth_eagle

The news report here last night was the weapon of choice in this was either a pencil or a set of keys that the boy thrust into the baby's neck and pierced his artery.

Sad beyond description.

6 posted on 09/08/2001 4:34:23 AM PDT by Neets

To: truth_eagle
For the last decade, at least, one cannot turn on the tube, pick up a periodical, or walk down the street without hearing.... For the children.

I guarantee that if we made a national pastime of citing For the one-armed men we would have a dramatic rise in anti-social behavior by, of all things, one armed men. Stands to reason. All these excuses-for-parents try to live their lives vicariously thru their kids, because their own lives are so empty. Thus, little Johny ends up doing pretty much whatever-the-hell-he-feels-like, not to mention his sh*t don't stink.
7 posted on 09/08/2001 4:48:02 AM PDT by djf
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

Somewhere, these children learned there are no consequences for bullying. Parents abdicate their responsibility

Once again, with feeling. Children are savages. The job of parents (indeed all adults) is to civilise the little brutes. Many of our children are suffering from Adult Deficit Disorder; drugs, laws, zero-tolerance policies, etc. will not solve the problem.

AB

8 posted on 09/08/2001 4:54:01 AM PDT by ArrogantBustard

To: djf
All these excuses-for-parents try to live their lives vicariously thru their kids

That's incredibly weak rationale. This problem can't simply be reduced to bumper-sticker length arguments. There has been a fundamental shift to valueless life over the past few decades and the causes are complex. It's statements like yours the politicians latch onto when they are in "quick fix" legislative mode.

9 posted on 09/08/2001 4:57:04 AM PDT by Glenn
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

To: Glenn
What'd I do? Strike a nerve?...
10 posted on 09/08/2001 4:59:18 AM PDT by djf
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 9 | View Replies]

To: ArrogantBustard
You've nailed it. This is a Lord of the Flies event. Young males need adult males to whip the young males' butts when things get too out of line. If this doesn't happen during the formative years, antisocial behavior in spades often results.
11 posted on 09/08/2001 5:00:17 AM PDT by FreedomPoster
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 8 | View Replies]

What'd I do? Strike a nerve?...

No. You simply made a point. Then I made mine.

12 posted on 09/08/2001 5:02:55 AM PDT by Glenn
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 10 | View Replies]

To: FreedomPoster
......and how much howling from the community would we hear if it was suggested that the parents of the little murdering ba**ards should be punished as well?
13 posted on 09/08/2001 5:04:23 AM PDT by RightOnline
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 11 | View Replies]

When I see grown men get into fights at Little League games...

I don't have to make my point, society makes it for me every day.
14 posted on 09/08/2001 5:05:04 AM PDT by djf
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 12 | View Replies]

Does the 8 year old have a father or anything close to a family life?
15 posted on 09/08/2001 5:05:14 AM PDT by FITZ

To: Cagey
"...When will society realize that abortion devalues life? This 8 year old kid already knows it. No big deal, even doctors do it."

Oh Bullsh*t!

You sound like a liberal, giving this child another phoney excuse for his actions.

The reason should be obvious to any moron. It's called LACK OF PARENTING! If that monster had his ass kicked the first time he showed aggression toward his siblings, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

16 posted on 09/08/2001 5:06:54 AM PDT by DCPatriot
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

It seems a bit premature to simply condemn character. The babe from birth to about 4 is innocent, possibly till about 7. Somewhere from 3-5, some critical views are being developed in the child if one views this secularly.

I fear that the established generation has lived in as a prevalently Christian nation long enough to have gleaned incredible blessings in security, but over several decades has turned its face from God. Even worse, the prevalance of agnosticism as an "even-keel" viewpoint has eroded to dabbling in spiritism to worship of any false god or fallen angel.

Reports, like above, are what one might expect if demon possession occurs. This might not be the case here, but with the public acceptance of Henry Potter and witchcraft in general, I suspect we will begin to see a far greater number of such incredibly inexplicable horrendous crimes in the future. (sans cloning issues.)

17 posted on 09/08/2001 5:08:04 AM PDT by Cvengr

I don't have to make my point, society makes it for me every day.

So the root of all evil is a little league parent? Life must be very easy for you. Forbid the kids to play little league and they won't murder anyone. How neat and tidy.

18 posted on 09/08/2001 5:09:55 AM PDT by Glenn
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 14 | View Replies]

You have completely missed, or chosen to ignore, the point I made above about coddling the children, and the subsequent effect on their psyches. I will not participate in a flame war.
19 posted on 09/08/2001 5:15:03 AM PDT by djf
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 18 | View Replies]

To: Cagey
This 8 year old kid already knows it.

How's this kid going to know enough about abortion to appreciate its significance? Probably the only kids who will tell you that "doctors kill babies" are the children of pro-life activists.

These kids are killers because nobody ever taught them right from wrong.

20 posted on 09/08/2001 5:56:19 AM PDT by Physicist (sterner@sterner.hep.upenn.edu)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-4041-53 next last

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson