Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

D.C. Chapter Condit Freep Report 9/08/01
self | Saturday, Sepetember 8, 2001 | Kristinn

Posted on 09/08/2001 5:27:00 PM PDT by kristinn

The D.C. Chapter of Free Republic gathered in the Adams-Morgan neighborhood where California Democrat Rep. Gary Condit keeps his swinging philanderer pad to call on him to tell the whole truth about his involvement with Chandra Levy and the events leading up to her disappearance. We also urged him to resign from Congress or be expelled for bringing disgrace and disrepute on the House of Representatives.

A total of eleven FReepers stood on a large traffic island at Adam's Mill Rd. and Calvert St., NW for three hours from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. The weather was beautiful for early September--sunny with temps in the low 80s. So beautiful that we stayed an hour past our scheduled end and carried on with our demonstration.

The reception we received from passersby was mostly positive, with a smattering of mean-spirited comments hurled our way. Many people stopped to talk with us about Condit and express their disgust with him. Dave Dilegge passed out about one hundred fliers explaining why Condit should not remain a Member of the House, and could have given out a lot more if we had them.

Most of us wore the Condit Zone t-shirt designed by Registered or the End Intern Abuse one designed by Doctor Raoul. Both shirts can be found at abnerjones.com.

The shirts got a lot of attention and started many conversations. A young Washington Post reporter, Alicia Martinez, told us the shirts caught her eye so she came over to interview us (This was at the end of the protest while we were putting our signs away.)

Earlier, a CNN cameraman who was on stake-out duty at Condit's doorstep came up and shot about 10 minutes of footage of our protest.

One highlight for me was the young man from the neighborhood who was glad to see conservatives protesting there after seeing so many leftist protests. Hopefully he'll sign on to FR and join our chapter.

One change from our demonstration there six weeks ago was the repeated expression by Condit's neighbors that he move out. In fact a lot more people said they want him to move out of the neighborhood than told us to "go home".

Much as the 'Rats would love for this 'problem' to go away, the only way for it to do so is for them to work to expel Condit from the House. But that would require them putting the good of the country ahead of what is good for their party because they would most likely lose his seat in a special election.

Meanwhile, Chandra Levy's parents have lived a nightmare for the 131 days since their daughter disappeared, while the man who was closest to her plays games with law enforcement, his constituents, his staff and the American people who pay his salary.

Honor Roll for today: Angelwood, Doctor Raoul, Dave Dilegge, GunsareOK, BufordP, NoDemocratsIn2000, Jimmy Valentine's brother, tgslTakoma, daughter of tgslTakoma, leadpenny and kristinn.

TOPICS: Activism/Chapters; Breaking News; News/Current Events
KEYWORDS:
Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-4041-6061-68 next last
EAGLES UP !!!
1 posted on 09/08/2001 5:27:00 PM PDT by kristinn (kristinn@bellatlantic.net)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: kristinn
Congrats on another outstanding freep--Hugs to all you wonderful, dedicated Freepers!
2 posted on 09/08/2001 5:38:42 PM PDT by TwoStep
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

Great Job keep up the good work for freedom from the main demorat.
3 posted on 09/08/2001 5:40:01 PM PDT by ontherightside

Great work Kristinn! Better than the White House tour of duty in the previous administration huh?
4 posted on 09/08/2001 5:44:08 PM PDT by TrueBeliever9

kristinn,

Great job on your Freep. When I am Freeping (as I have done in Times Square), it is not rare to get a few negative comments. Usually they're said with more than a little hatred, which is ironic, because the dummo-crats are always talking about how hate is such a bad thing. When I get comments like that, I keep smiling and shout back, "Keep spreading your love!" This makes them even madder.

The "End Intern Abuse" T-shirt is very effective -- I'm not surprised it's getting the attention it is.

When JimRob came back from his trip, someone posted pictures of him wearing the shirt. It was pretty funny. A modified version of that photo is on my home page, customized by KillerWabbit. I think you'll get a kick out of it.

5 posted on 09/08/2001 5:44:36 PM PDT by Silly

Way to Go Freepers! Great Job!
Kathleen

Republican Activist - lobby congress on Republican issues!

6 posted on 09/08/2001 5:45:46 PM PDT by kathleenlisson

To: TwoStep
Protesting FReeper style is good for your health: plenty of fresh air and exercise--and no teargas !
7 posted on 09/08/2001 6:00:27 PM PDT by kristinn (kristinn@bellatlantic.net)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

To: ontherightside
Thanks. Even if it is just one crooked politician at time, we'll keep after them.
8 posted on 09/08/2001 6:01:31 PM PDT by kristinn (kristinn@bellatlantic.net)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

To: TrueBeliever9
Those White House freeps during the Clinton years were special--but I hope we never end up in a situation like that again.

With Condit, we're trying to stop one brand of Clintonism from being accepted as normal.

9 posted on 09/08/2001 6:04:16 PM PDT by kristinn (kristinn@bellatlantic.net)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

To: Silly
I know what you mean. At the Veep's mansion protests during the Florida fiasco, many Gorons flipped us the bird. We'd respond with a smile and a three-finger Dubya wave. It drove them crazy, hehe.
10 posted on 09/08/2001 6:07:05 PM PDT by kristinn (kristinn@bellatlantic.net)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

You guys are wonderful!

How I love reading about "freeps" on each coast today!

11 posted on 09/08/2001 6:08:34 PM PDT by 3D-JOY

To: kathleenlisson
Thanks for the link.
12 posted on 09/08/2001 6:08:58 PM PDT by kristinn (kristinn@bellatlantic.net)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

Comment #13 Removed by Moderator

putting the good of the country ahead of what is good for their party

Well, maybe so, but it seems to me that Gary Condit being out of the House of Representatives would really be GOOD for the Democrat party. The shadow of shame that has descended on the party CAN be removed. Is it only the Republicans who give a care about ethics? (Packwood and Livingston are gone for much less.) The Democrats shouted up a blue thunder after the Clintons left the White House due to the pardon mess and the taking of things belonging to all Americans. Well, good for them. Now the Democrats can show Americans that ethics really are important, to them also. They can ask Gary Condit to resign or else they can go forward with the system in place for expulsion. Either route would, IMHO, be a very positive move, not only for the party, but certainly for the country.

14 posted on 09/08/2001 6:13:45 PM PDT by YepYep

One highlight for me was the young man from the neighborhood who was glad to see conservatives protesting there after seeing so many leftist protests.

That's interesting. I haven't seen any lefties protesting. Have you?

15 posted on 09/08/2001 6:17:15 PM PDT by BunnySlippers

To: BunnySlippers
Yes, many times in D.C. - but maybe you were just being trite - lefties as in left of center in politics, not...
16 posted on 09/08/2001 6:24:38 PM PDT by VaMarVet
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 15 | View Replies]

September 8, 2001 - Washington, D.C.

Adams Morgan

Here are the photos:

(L-R) FReepline - Jimmy Valentine's brother, leadpenny, tgslTakoma, GunsareOK, NoDemocrats2000, Angelwood, BufordP, Doctor Raoul
City Scene - FReeper Alley
Everyone's Lying - Except Gary Condit?? Yeah... Right
End Intern Abuse - NOW! Oh, that's right, NOW is silent about this. Okay, so FR holds the banner for this issue as we always did as decent, responsible, and respectful citizens!
FReeper Alley - (L-R) Kristinn, Doctor Raoul, Jimmy Valentine's brother, tgslTakoma, Dave Dilegge, Daughter of tgslTakoma, NoDemocrats2000, BufordP, Leadpenny
Signs of the Times
Jimmy Valentine's brother and Angelwood - manning the lines
Old Glory and the Gadsden - Don't Tread on Me!
Kristinn - The Condit Zone
Angelwood
The "Girls From Takoma"
No More Lies
Go Directly to Jail
This Man Should Resign Now
Reaching Out to the People - Conversations, the signs and leaflets went a long way today - but it was each FReeper's knowledge of the issues and professional demeanor that carried the day
High Traffic Area - Condit's "Pad" 1/2 block to the right

17 posted on 09/08/2001 6:28:52 PM PDT by VaMarVet
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 8 | View Replies]

To: YepYep
They can ask Gary Condit to resign or else they can go forward with the system in place for expulsion. Either route would, IMHO, be a very positive move, not only for the party, but certainly for the country.

Ditto!

18 posted on 09/08/2001 6:40:13 PM PDT by VaMarVet
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 14 | View Replies]

A great big THANK YOU from your counterparts on the left coast. We freeped the creep at his Modesto office. Another coast to coast freep. We delivered a letter to Gary Condit by way of the mail slot at his office. We don't want him to think it's okay with us if he hangs around 'til the end of his current term and then retires. No way! He must go NOW. We don't want to pay his salary one more minute. Adios, Condit, adios! For victory & freedom!!!
19 posted on 09/08/2001 6:45:25 PM PDT by Saundra Duffy

To: Silly
I wore my "End Intern Abuse" shirt at today's freep! I love it. Thank you, Doctor Raoul! For victory & freedom!!!
20 posted on 09/08/2001 6:47:27 PM PDT by Saundra Duffy
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-4041-6061-68 next last

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson