Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

Peter Jennings Criticises President Bush's Leadership During this Crisis

Posted on 09/11/2001 10:19:29 AM PDT by IWONDR

Anyone been listening to Peter Jennings on ABC?

He is criticising President Bush saying it's been two hours since he spoke from Florida; that the President needs to demonstrate more vigorous leadership during this crisis. With the largest attack against the U.S. (internal to our borders) in history, how can this talking head suggest that the President needs to be making PR appearances, when he needs to be conferring with top security officials within the government and elsewhere in order to ascertain whom was responsible, and to coordinate and develop an appropriate response?

I think we need somehow to let Peter Jennings and ABC know that we cannot accept this ridiculous criticism of Pres. Bush when the nation is in the midst of this crisis. PR, would of course, be the first response from our former Prez, and Peter would be lauding ex42 regardless of what he had done, if this had occurred on his watch.

TOPICS: News/Current Events
KEYWORDS:
Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-4041-6061-80 ... 161-164 next last

1 posted on 09/11/2001 10:19:29 AM PDT by IWONDR
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: IWONDR
David Hackworth on Abc the last hour. Says we are at War and we need to go in and get Bin Ladden.

Oh yeah! Peter shut up and go away.

2 posted on 09/11/2001 10:22:54 AM PDT by TLBSHOW
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

Get your butt back to Canada, Pete. This report makes me puke.

Missing Link last night had a question about which national broadcaster was a Canadian high school dropout. Yup, Peter Jennings.

3 posted on 09/11/2001 10:23:26 AM PDT by Ciexyz

That blow dried Canadian high school dropout needs to shut his damn trap or get the hell out of our (not his) country.

And that's all I have to say about that.

4 posted on 09/11/2001 10:23:30 AM PDT by Dr. Frank fan

Deport that idiot. This isn't time to eat our own. Despite misgivings about Bush, he is our President. It's time to rally behind the flag.

Of course Peter hails to another flag, being a Canadian.

5 posted on 09/11/2001 10:24:07 AM PDT by DoughtyOne

He's not even an American Citizen, so his words are worthless!!!!
6 posted on 09/11/2001 10:24:15 AM PDT by Highest Authority

When Bush addresses the nation, he should invoke Pearl Harbor. This is worse than Pearl Harbor in some ways.
7 posted on 09/11/2001 10:24:26 AM PDT by lasereye

To: TLBSHOW
How long did it take FDR to address Congress after Pearl Harbor? Did Edward Murrow criticize him? Would Peter have criticized FDR?
8 posted on 09/11/2001 10:24:55 AM PDT by HiJinx
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

what does he want him to do? go live on the air holding hands and sing songs every 5 min?
9 posted on 09/11/2001 10:25:09 AM PDT by newsperson999

I, too, saw this pathetic person and heard his comments. Even Paul Begala, on MSNBC, said Bush's advisors and the Secret Service are doing the right thing. I'd call Jennings an a**hole but it would only give a**holes a bad name!
10 posted on 09/11/2001 10:25:29 AM PDT by Russ

Revoke his citizenship and send him back to Canada. Katie Couric is blaming Bush too. Send her as well and anyone else who opens their mouth. Satan is to blame for this and those who serve him.
11 posted on 09/11/2001 10:25:37 AM PDT by DittoJed2

How was Bush supposed to speak from the air? He made another statement when he landed in Louisiana. Peter Jennings can sod off.
12 posted on 09/11/2001 10:26:08 AM PDT by mountaineer

yep! i have the station on that carries rush, medved & savage and they put this idiot on. he's gone now so maybe some phone calls got him pulled. go back to canada jennings, you phony pr**k!
13 posted on 09/11/2001 10:26:14 AM PDT by rockfish59

You are absolutely right!! I tried to email our abc affiliate. I want Jennings off the air. Is his job to REPORT THE NEWS or criticize Pres. Bush. Big mistake. When the horror of todays events are over we should not forget the partisan questions of Jennings. Get him off the air.
14 posted on 09/11/2001 10:26:47 AM PDT by WHATNEXT?

...JENNINGS Screwed STREISAND ...Screw JENNINGS...
15 posted on 09/11/2001 10:27:40 AM PDT by ALOHA RONNIE

Brit Hume & Fox News is my source of information this morning. Peter Jennings is an idiot, along with all the other alphabet news channels blabbering yahoos.
16 posted on 09/11/2001 10:27:56 AM PDT by CheneyChick

Message to Peter Jennings...

We don't need this kind of nonsense right now. You would attack Bush no matter what he did. So just be quiet. Now is the time of quiet reflection and peace. Your statements simply indicate just how out of touch you are from REAL Americans.

17 posted on 09/11/2001 10:28:16 AM PDT by vannrox

It is no real secret that the ABC, CBS & NBC anchors are abjectly arrogant. They should do what readers are paid to do and that is to read what is on the teleprompter and keep their idealogical smegma to themselves or be FIRED.
18 posted on 09/11/2001 10:28:44 AM PDT by Jimhimself

To: Russ
I'm watching NBC, and now McCain is putting in his 2 cents...talk about ghoulish media pimping....
19 posted on 09/11/2001 10:28:53 AM PDT by The Drowning Witch
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 10 | View Replies]

Oh yeah! Peter shut up and go away.

I didn't hear little Peter criticize Clintooon when he bombed an aspirin factory, and an empty terrorist camp while Lewinsky testified....Geeze, what a moron!

20 posted on 09/11/2001 10:29:03 AM PDT by KLT

Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-4041-6061-80 ... 161-164 next last

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson