Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

Debate 5-6 Armed Citizens on every airline!! What do you think?
my news release | Sept 12.2001 | Chicagofarmer

Posted on 09/12/2001 9:21:45 AM PDT by CHICAGOFARMER

ALERT: Now Is The Time for Americans to Defend America

Everybody in America now knows that on Tuesday, September 11, three aircraft were crashed into the World Trade Center and the Pentagon. These crashes appeared timed and were part of a planned terrorist action. The death toll will likely exceed that caused by the Imperial Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor that started World War II. This coordinated attack was an act of war.

Some years ago Israel bombed a nuclear plant in Iraq. World opinion largely condemned Israel's actions, but Israel warned that if the world does not get rid of Iraq's terror threat, then that threat will get worse.

Welcome to worse.

We don't now know whether the terrorist attack on the U.S. came from Iraq. We don't know whether more attacks will come, or how or where.

We know that terrorists have repeatedly promised to attack U.S.population centers. The airliners carried nothing but unarmed and undefended people.

The common factor: "undefended."

What renders Americans undefended? The idea that "we don't need to defend ourselves" -- the culture of disarmament -- delivered to the terrorists many thousands of potential aircraft full of people who had *no* means to stop an onboard terrorist. Even the pilots and crew were federally guaranteed to be unable to resist hijackers by force.

What rendered the Pentagon, an obvious military target, undefended? The belief that it didn't need defending against air attack. The people inside were victims of government decisions not to provide defense against relatively easy attacks from the air.

All of the air attack victims are victims of government decisions not to expose, disrupt or wipe out aggressors who have announced their intentions to attack America.

As a nation, we have put all of our safety eggs into the basket of government and military. That's a mistake.

You will soon hear proposals to impose "heightened domestic security." Some will call for martial law. Many more will urge complete disarmament of Americans, "just to make sure" that the terrorist threat is reduced.

We can expect to hear calls to curtail citizens' rights because of the threat. We will hear "this event changes our ideas about how free a free society can be."

Wrong. Now is the time to *defend* a free society, not destroy it in fear. Now is the time to *protect our civilization*, not to collapse it because of acts of war. Just think what would have happened if 5-6 american citizens had citizen carry on the plane. Yes Armed marshals is one possible solution however, 42 states have Citizens carry whom are the safest group in the nation regarding crime and firearm ownership.

Now is the time, not to disarm ourselves and resign to government protection, but to arm Americans against terrorist attacks. More Americans have to take active part in defending our nation, our communities, our families, ourselves.

America must again become the nation with whom no one tangles -- because our citizens are armed and determined to fight aggression to the death.

Terrorists must learn: Americans don't get terrorized Americans get prepared to fight back.

This thread was suggested by Arron Zellman of the The Liberty Crew and Angel Shamaya of Keep and bear arms. JPFO

Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership
PO Box 270143
Hartford, Wisconsin 53027
Phone: 1-262-673-9745
Orders only: 1-800-869-1884 (toll-free!)
Fax: 1-262-673-9746
Web: http://www.jpfo.org/

Angel Shamaya
Director Keep and bear arms
www.keepandbeararms.com

TOPICS: Editorial; News/Current Events
KEYWORDS:
Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-4041-55 next last
Do not disarm the american citizens
1 posted on 09/12/2001 9:21:45 AM PDT by CHICAGOFARMER
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: CHICAGOFARMER
I am a long time member of the NRA and own many weapons. I shoot regularly and re-load my own. I think having armed passengers on board an aircraft, with alcoholic beverages, flight rage, tight schedules, and sometimes rude attendants, is asking for trouble.
2 posted on 09/12/2001 9:28:58 AM PDT by stuartcr
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

Just like Archie Bunker said: "Arm all the passengers!"
3 posted on 09/12/2001 9:29:11 AM PDT by Captainpaintball

To: stuartcr
Firearms in planes amy be a bad idea.
How about arming "selected" passengers with tazers and stun weapons. Select passengers who are "active duty Military", law enforcement, or liscensed to carry a consealed weapon. Also train and arm the "cabin crews".
4 posted on 09/12/2001 9:39:59 AM PDT by PizzaDriver (jwilson571@juno.com)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

Maybe we ought to follow the Israeli airline El Al's lead and have at least the airline personel on the plane armed and ready.

Terrorists don't like flying El Al. I wonder why.

5 posted on 09/12/2001 9:42:28 AM PDT by Slyfox

Filling a pressure vessel with tools to puncture it will do nothing to to help the cause to preserve the second amendment on the ground. Where it matters...

Especially if the pieces of the first plane to come down hit a populated area. Especially now.....

I respect the folks at JPFO, but they need to take a breath and think this one out. The entire nation quit GA flying within 1 hr. I'm one of the pilots that backed that order without question.

Reinstitution of the air marshal program would make much more sense IMHO.

6 posted on 09/12/2001 9:42:32 AM PDT by Trailer Trash

To: PizzaDriver
As a group, CCW or Citizen Carry owners commit less crime than policemen and air marshals. The liberal media has brain washed the american citizen regarding this issue.
7 posted on 09/12/2001 9:42:46 AM PDT by CHICAGOFARMER (lawjj2@allways.net)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

Yes, the problem is that ANY stray shot at altitude decompresses the plane and more or less blows it up. Are we really ready for stray discharges, accidental firings, and irate drunks to have firearms at altitutde?

That said, I have no problem with Sky Marshalls having such access, or the pilots. There is still a big risk, but at least then it is with the people who must take into account the lives of all passengers and crew, not someone who had a few too many.

8 posted on 09/12/2001 9:45:24 AM PDT by LS (schweikart@erinet.com)

To: Trailer Trash
To Trailer trash.

Johnny Carson monolog after the DD Cooper highjack in the 70's said the way to stop a highjacker was to give every passinger a gun as they got on the aircraft.

I do not know about you. You trust the pilot with a 30million dollar plane but don't trust him with a firearm!!

You trust that highjackers that they will not hurt you if you taze them. Your logic fails the "bad people" test.

You refuse to trust the Americans who gave you your freedoms. I truss myself and the 80 million families who use firearms to protect their families. The government can not protect you. "Dial 911 and die"

The victims on these aircraft dialed 911 to report their death.

Sorry Trailer trash, time to rethink your position.

9 posted on 09/12/2001 9:50:16 AM PDT by CHICAGOFARMER (lawjj2@allways.net)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

Comment #10 Removed by Moderator

To: LS
Nonsense. A bullet makes a small hole in the aluminum skin. At worst, a crack forms that propagates to a sheet edge, stiffener or rib. If you shoot through a plexiglass window, you get the same result. There is a small chance that a stray bullet can hit a control cable or hydralic line and cause a problem, but even this would rarely be catastrophic. In most cases the pilot would just turn up the cabin air feed a little. Worst case would require a fast descent 10K feet.

After the gun fight, the flight attendents could break out the duct tape and patch the leaks.

11 posted on 09/12/2001 9:54:56 AM PDT by Rifleman
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 8 | View Replies]

To: LS
To Stuater First, I can see that your knowledge of engineering basics are lacking. A 1/2 inch hole in aluminum will not depressurize the plane. Second, the choices are all bad, which choice would you choose, delpressurizing, or WTC crashes. You got to think beyond the issue of depressurzing.

Second, The fear of 5-10 armed American citizens bring fear to any bad folks. It changes the rules of the game. It give honest American Citizens a fighting chance when nuts take controll in a killing zone.

12 posted on 09/12/2001 9:57:09 AM PDT by CHICAGOFARMER (lawjj2@allways.net)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 8 | View Replies]

Speaking of which, Is It Time for a New "Concealed Carry" Category.........for Air Travel?
13 posted on 09/12/2001 9:59:41 AM PDT by RightOnline

To: Carol-HuTex
I like that.

Where do I get my sack lunch??

You understand.

14 posted on 09/12/2001 10:00:45 AM PDT by CHICAGOFARMER (lawjj2@allways.net)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 10 | View Replies]

To: RightOnline
TOP: Rightonline

Ya yes. thankyou. IT was your article that I read yesterday and could not find today.

Do not give up this story line or thread. Pound it, pound it, over and over again.

chicagofarmer

15 posted on 09/12/2001 10:03:55 AM PDT by CHICAGOFARMER
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 13 | View Replies]

I am a long time member of the NRA and own many weapons. I shoot regularly and re-load my own. I think having armed passengers on board an aircraft, with alcoholic beverages, flight rage, tight schedules, and sometimes rude attendants, is asking for trouble.

I vote to elimate the alcohol,and give classes in civility to the crew..

16 posted on 09/12/2001 10:05:55 AM PDT by RnMomof7

agreed. Arm the pilots.
17 posted on 09/12/2001 10:06:10 AM PDT by AppyPappy

To: Trailer Trash
Filling a pressure vessel with tools to puncture it will do nothing to to help the cause to preserve the second amendment on the ground. Where it matters... Especially if the pieces of the first plane to come down hit a populated area. Especially now.....

I use Glaser Safety Slugs in my Ruger SP101 concealed carry gun. These bullets would be good to use in an aircraft because they would be less likely to penetrate the shell of the plane.

18 posted on 09/12/2001 10:07:20 AM PDT by A. Patriot (| || ||| |||| || || ||| || ||||||@slave.NWO.gov)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

The Second Amendment is clear: The right to keep and bear arms is an individual right. It guarantees us the right to carry arms, anytime and anyplace, without restriction. Make no mistake: Diane Feinstein murdered 10,000 people yesterday.
19 posted on 09/12/2001 10:09:02 AM PDT by LibWhacker

The Second Amendment is clear: The right to keep and bear arms is an individual right. It guarantees us the right to carry arms, anytime and anyplace, without restriction. Make no mistake: Diane Feinstein murdered 10,000 people yesterday.
20 posted on 09/12/2001 10:09:28 AM PDT by LibWhacker

Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-4041-55 next last

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson