Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

Jennings and ILK Proven Dead Wrong
EIB ^ | Rush Limbaugh

Posted on 09/12/2001 6:48:57 PM PDT by VinnyTex

Throughout Tuesday's historic coverage of what people are calling "the Second Pearl Harbor," certain members of the media whined that they didn't know where President Bush was. Then there was the inevitable USA Today/Gallup poll asking, "Is President Bush up to the task?"
I don't know how many of you have seen Peter Jennings on ABC, but he was beside himself over the way George Bush handled these attacks. This fine son of Canada doesn't understand why our American president George W. Bush went to an Air Force Base in Omaha.

Little Peter couldn't understand why George Bush didn't address the nation sooner than he did, and even made snide comments like, "Well, some presidents are just better at it than others," and "Maybe it's wise that certain presidents just not try to address the people of the country."

Mr. Jennings' unhidden, insulting comments toward President Bush and his behavior during the attacks now look like what they were – foolish, whining, babyish, unrealistic selfishness on the part of liberals. We now know from White House Press Secretary Ari Fleischer that the reason Bush was out of contact for a while was because Air Force One was also a target of the terrorists as was the White House.

Let me repeat that for great, brilliant journalists like Peter Jennings who think they have a right to know every national secret down to our nuclear launch codes, and who think they are better presidents than George W. Bush: Air Force One was zig-zagging back to Washington because it was targeted for attack. And there's more…

Fleischer said that there is credible information that the White House was, in fact, the first target of the airplane that crashed into the Pentagon. So Air Force One was a flying target, the White House was also a target - and this is obviously something that they could not announce at the time.

The simple fact of the matter is, if you've got the World Trade Center under attack, if you've got the Pentagon under attack, and if you think an airplane is headed for Camp David, it might also strike you that the White House or the president, wherever he might be, might also be in the crosshairs of these people. It's common sense for a president not to sit there as a sitting duck just to please Peter Jennings or anybody else in the media who might be wondering what the president happens to be doing.

I cannot help but think every time something like this happened during previous administrations, all we heard from the media was how the politics of the United States ends at the water's edge. We must all come together. It's just amazing how one-sided, unfortunately, that is - and I know a lot of you have caught it, because I'm getting inundated with e-mail, particularly about some of the things that particular anchors are saying.

Oh, and by the way, folks. The Secret Service supposedly was urging the president to stay away from Washington. That's their job. The job of the Secret Service is to keep the president of the United States alive, not to satisfy the silly little social concerns of Peter Jennings or others in the media. And Bush overruled them late yesterday afternoon and said, "No, I'm going back, I'm going back to the White House and make it work."

But that's not the point. The point is that the things said by Jennings - that Bush was somehow just not up to this task - made a lot of people angry. That's the wrong time to play that card, Peter, and try to push this media template of Bush as a dolt. It didn't work. There are a lot of people - even libs and Peter Jennings fans - who were embarrassed that he would take this occasion to make that kind of insinuation when he has basically little knowledge of what's going on.

We don't do that here in America, Peter. Here, politics stops at the water's edge.

TOPICS: News/Current Events
KEYWORDS:
Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-4041-6061-80 ... 201-205 next last

1 posted on 09/12/2001 6:48:57 PM PDT by VinnyTex
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: VinnyTex
He's been at it again tonight, the puke, saying things like:

We're trying to trace the story on why the White House released the Air Force 1 and the White House were targets.

...and it sounds like a story.

Puke puke puke.

2 posted on 09/12/2001 6:55:01 PM PDT by Duke Nukum
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

Jennings and Bob Plant at CBS are suggesting tonight that the White House gave out the information about the targets as a cover story for President Bush's running and hiding. I just fired off a blistering email to ABC news.
3 posted on 09/12/2001 6:55:13 PM PDT by greyfoxx39

How was Bush to know it was not the first prong of a Chinese attack, a terrorist action, a coup, who knows? George Bush did the smart thing. He took time to evaluate the situation, the threat, then went into action when he was confident he knew what he was getting into. Our liberal friends got so used to Bill Clinton's foolish knee jerk reactions to everything, they forgot how a responsible president handles tough situations. Stuff your donut hole Jennings!
4 posted on 09/12/2001 6:57:00 PM PDT by america76

We don't do that here in America, Peter. Here, politics stops at the water's edge.

Rush, I wish you were right. But I fear that Peter and his cohorts will continue in their current roles. They should all be fired for trying to destroy unity at this crucial time, but they won't be.

5 posted on 09/12/2001 6:57:26 PM PDT by Rocky

You can add Jay Severin, Margery Eagan and her sidekick Jim the Marxist to your list of "military" geniuses who wanted command and control to return to ground zero. Effin idiots.
6 posted on 09/12/2001 7:00:40 PM PDT by jwalsh07

To: Rocky
It's time for him to go..........................back to Canada.
7 posted on 09/12/2001 7:00:46 PM PDT by LoveMyRC
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

Oh, let the libs have their snit. They're useless at these times anyway. They know that Bush is up to this challenge and now will. My guess is the red zone got considerably larger in the last couple of days. PJ and crew can't stand that.
8 posted on 09/12/2001 7:01:04 PM PDT by arkfreepdom

Who is Peter Jennings?
9 posted on 09/12/2001 7:01:56 PM PDT by wastoute
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

To: greyfoxx39
You know, I think anyone that still listened to these douchebags at ABC have now gotten their wake up call.

Jennings and Rather are soon to be forced out if these networks have any intention of staying competitive in the news business.

I say let the scumbag hang himself.

10 posted on 09/12/2001 7:02:35 PM PDT by Rome2000
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

Peter Jennings has made me extremely mad. All day he tried to make the White House Spokesperson out as a liar because he(Jennings) could not access the information that was obtained that suggested that the White House and AF One was a target. Jennings harped about not being privy to the information and continually questioned the veracity of Fleicher's statements. Jennings also lauded K-Mart's decision to not sell ammunition to honest Americans yesterday.

I called K-Mart today and expressed my displeasure with the political pandering of K-Mart their assistance to terrorist intentions. Most of the K-Mart employees just yada yada me but I let the liberal SOB's have it.

K-Mart Public Relations # is 1-248-463-5009. Let the liberal scum suckers have it.

11 posted on 09/12/2001 7:03:08 PM PDT by vetvetdoug

To: arkfreepdom
make that....and now will prove it.
12 posted on 09/12/2001 7:03:20 PM PDT by arkfreepdom
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 8 | View Replies]

peterless jennings should research this matter.they are supposed to keep the POTUS safe at all times even if it means moving him.
13 posted on 09/12/2001 7:03:36 PM PDT by linn37

To: wastoute
Who is Peter Jennings?

ABC's boat anchor.

14 posted on 09/12/2001 7:04:06 PM PDT by Rocky
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 9 | View Replies]

Besides firing off e-mails to ABC demanding the firing of Peter Jennings, all Freepers, no, all Americans should also let all advertisers on ABC and the ABC web site know we will NOT do business with them again until Jennings is either fired or apologizes to our great country. Remember, advertisers do listen when money is involved.
15 posted on 09/12/2001 7:05:54 PM PDT by technomage

To: linn37
peterless jennings - that is funny. first time i have laughed in a couple days thanks chip
16 posted on 09/12/2001 7:06:15 PM PDT by Rays_Dad
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 13 | View Replies]

Don't know if any of you saw it or not, but Bush did a wonderful job while touring he Pentagon today. Of course, I guess Mr. Jennings did not see that....
17 posted on 09/12/2001 7:06:33 PM PDT by oldvike

What? Jennings hasn't been fired yet?!
18 posted on 09/12/2001 7:07:07 PM PDT by mlo

Jennings is a jerk!
And although I'm not a huge Biden fan, I loved it when Biden lit into him tonight.
19 posted on 09/12/2001 7:09:14 PM PDT by hypatia
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 14 | View Replies]

i listen to rush, medved, savage, etc. on KVI out of seattle. last night they bumped savage and put jennings on. i almost threw my radio against the wall. i e-mailed KVI and asked why they had this moron on and if they are truly controlled by the liberal media? i received an 'auto reply' and after that i told them to go to hell. but i'm sure abc has gotten thousands of complaints against the stupid canuck!
20 posted on 09/12/2001 7:11:24 PM PDT by rockfish59

Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-4041-6061-80 ... 201-205 next last

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson