Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

PROTEST MARCH IN CHICAGO
AP | 9/13

Posted on 09/13/2001 8:11:43 AM PDT by oxi-nato

In the Chicago suburb of Bridgeview, Ill., about 300 marchers _ some waving American flags and shouting "USA! USA!" -- tried to march on a mosque before they were turned back by police. Three demonstrators were arrested, police said. No injuries; demonstrators were kept blocks from the closed Muslim worship place.

TOPICS: Breaking News; Foreign Affairs; News/Current Events
KEYWORDS:
Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-4041-6061-80 ... 101-114 next last

1 posted on 09/13/2001 8:11:43 AM PDT by oxi-nato
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: oxi-nato
God Bless real Americans!
2 posted on 09/13/2001 8:14:28 AM PDT by Teacher317
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

AMERICA
3 posted on 09/13/2001 8:16:52 AM PDT by ChadGore

These guys in Chicago are no better than the Illinois Nazis in the Blues Brothers.

Save your energy for the killers. Don't use skin color to indict Americans.

4 posted on 09/13/2001 8:18:27 AM PDT by Vladiator

Comment #5 Removed by Moderator

Any religion that teaches its people to kill Jews and Christians in order to guarantee a place in paradise should be outlawed. It is a religion of hate and should be exposed as such and dealt with accordingly.
6 posted on 09/13/2001 8:20:21 AM PDT by Woodkirk

This is the same thing the Feds and their upcoming draconian "anti-terror" legislation are going to do to us: punish people who had nothing to do with it.
7 posted on 09/13/2001 8:21:49 AM PDT by E. Pluribus Unum

To: Woodkirk
Any religion that teaches its people to kill Jews and Christians in order to guarantee a place in paradise should be outlawed.

It doesn't. That is only made up and taught to naive bumpkins. Kiling innocents is punishable with eternal damnation in the Quoran.

8 posted on 09/13/2001 8:22:15 AM PDT by AppyPappy
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

To: Vladiator
Save your energy for the killers. Don't use skin color to indict Americans.

Let the church say amen.

9 posted on 09/13/2001 8:23:12 AM PDT by Valin
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

There are terrorist among us.
10 posted on 09/13/2001 8:23:21 AM PDT by Joe Hadenuf

To: AR15_Patriot
Were you there? Are you an eyewitness and can vouch these efforts were well thought out and directed toward the terrorists?
11 posted on 09/13/2001 8:23:41 AM PDT by AmericanInTokyo
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

"Any religion that teaches its people to kill Jews and Christians in order to guarantee a place in paradise should be outlawed."

Islam does NOT teach this. Only the extremist element teaches this. Get it right.

Michael

12 posted on 09/13/2001 8:23:50 AM PDT by Wright is right!

To: AR15_Patriot
Were you there? Are you an eyewitness and can vouch these efforts were well thought out and directed toward the terrorists?
13 posted on 09/13/2001 8:23:51 AM PDT by AmericanInTokyo
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

Comment #14 Removed by Moderator

I wish they'd save it for ArabIslamic consulates and embassies and stay away from churches. This reminds me too much of attacks on synagogues.
15 posted on 09/13/2001 8:28:33 AM PDT by DallasDeb

Comment #16 Removed by Moderator

This is exactly what we do not need.

The goal of terrorism is to divide Americans, and a demonstration against a mosque will do exactly that.

A grim wager that I would make is that the victims of the attacks include Muslims as well as Jews and Christians, and Arab-Americans as well as people with European origins.

We're all in this together, and we are going to need to show some patience. My full comments are at http://arnoldkling.com/~arnoldsk/aimst4/aimst426.html

17 posted on 09/13/2001 8:28:57 AM PDT by CompassionateLibertarian

While I understand the sentiment, not all Muslims believe in this holy war nonsense. We can't "shoot at shadows."
18 posted on 09/13/2001 8:30:38 AM PDT by Terriergal

To: Teacher317
Have you lost it? In Chicago, and areas, there are around 300,000 Muslims. Most of them work as security guards, and they are doing an excellent job.
I have been crying, I am mourning, and I am very sick over what has happened, but trying to attack innocent Muslims is the most stupid concept I have ever heard.
By the way, those 300 morons want to make Muslims upset, and the body count will be in the hundreds of thousands. The people who did this to us are not Muslims or Christians, or Buddhist, they are terrorists, and the terrosrists should be recognized as that and be eliminated, not innocent American Muslims or Buddhists, or whatever.
19 posted on 09/13/2001 8:31:07 AM PDT by Tasha
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

Any religion that teaches its people to kill Jews and Christians in order to guarantee a place in paradise should be outlawed. It is a religion of hate and should be exposed as such and dealt with accordingly.

Unfortunately, Islam does NOT teach to kill. So-called religious leaders, as they have done throughout the ages, are using their religion to manipulate believers to do their dirty deeds. Its about power, not about faith.

20 posted on 09/13/2001 8:31:09 AM PDT by DallasDeb

Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-4041-6061-80 ... 101-114 next last

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson