Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

Avoid Past Mistakes and Make The Changes Needed To Minimize Terrorist Attacks in the United States
OKCSubmariner Personal Research | September 13, 2001 | Patrick B. Briley

Posted on 09/13/2001 9:36:28 PM PDT by OKCSubmariner

Reports are emerging that Sadam Hussein of Iraq gave money and assistance to Bin Laden and his terrorist network to attack the World Trade Centers (WTC) and Pentagon on 9/11/2001 using hijacker pilots flying out of Boston’s Logan airport and other US airports. Prior to the WTC attack the USG has stated that Bin Laden was involved in the bombings of Kobar Towers (Saudi Arabia apartments for US soldiers), Kenyan and Tanzanian embassies and the USS Cole.

Recently, Israeli government officials and Lorie Mylroie, an expert on Hussein and Iraq, have given interviews published in several articles implicating Hussein and Iraq and Bin Laden in not only the WTC attacks, but also the OKC bombing.

There is reliable, credible evidence from Saudi intelligence and the former CIA counter terrorism chief Vincent Cannistraro that Sadam Hussein paid seven Pakistanis to assist McVeigh in the OKC bombing. There is also evidence that Terry Nichols met with Bin Laden terrorists in the Philippines to gain support and help.

One of the men arrested in OKC the day of the OKC bombing, Asad Sidiqqy, was a Pakistani (possibly paid by Hussein?) and was also a suspect in the first WTC bombing in the early 1990s. Siddiqy was driving a blue cavalier seen near the Murrah building with McVeigh along with two other Pakistanis (who were also arrested in Dallas) moments before the Murrah building was bombed.

An Iraqi who served in Hussein’s elite Republican guard, Al Hussain Hussaini, was alleged to have been with McVeigh before and at the scene of the OKC bombing. It has been alleged by some close to the OKC bombing case that Hussaini has been and may still be a baggage handler at Boston’s Logan airport, the same place where there is great concern that the hijacker pilots had help breaching airport security to gain access to the planes which crashed into the WTC. Bin Laden has a large number of family members living in the Boston area and it is suspected by authorities that a Bin Laden terror cell is in Boston that helped Bin Laden and the Iraqi effort against the WTC. Could Hussain be part of this cell or have helped the hijacker pilots at Logan airport?

There are over twenty witness affidavits implicating up to seven Middle Eastern men believed to be tied to a Bin Laden cell in Dallas who are believed to have helped McVeigh build his bomb in OKC on April 18, 1995. These affidavits were described to the Senate Intelligence Committee and given to the FBI in 1999 after the FBI and US prosecutors refused to even look at the evidence for over three years.

Bin Laden’s secretary, el Hage, lived in Dallas and was indicted for the WTC and Kenyan and Tanzanian bombings. Also indicted was the Egyptian, Ali Mohammed, who knew el Hage and was close to Bin Laden (helped him move from Sudan). Mohammed was also indicted for setting up Bin Laden cells inside the United States and training Bin Laden terrorists within the US, all while Ali Mohammed was a highly placed informant working for the FBI out of Sacramento from 1992 to 1998.

It is suspected that Mohammed helped el Hage and Bin Laden set up the Bin Laden cell in Dallas that provided support for McVeigh. And in December of 1999, Andrea Michel (wife of Alan Greenspan) reported that the Egyptian airlines was crashed into the ocean in a suicide mission by an Egyptian pilot because Bin Laden wanted to put pressure on the USG for its treatment of Ali Mohammed and el Hage. It should be noted that one or more of the pilots involved in the recent WTC attacks were Egyptian and that Ali Mohammed is Egyptian. A special plea bargain was done with Ali Mohammed in 2000 with Janet Reno after the Egyptian airliner crash.

A number of domestic John Does who helped McVeigh have been identified on the FreeRepublic and to Congress and to the DOJ recently. Yet the FBI, the AG and IG of the DOJ and legal counsels of several Congressional Committees have refused to apprehend or question these witnesses. This failure deprives the USG of potential valuable information that these domestic John Does could provide on any Middle Eastern terrorists and cells who may have helped McVeigh.

The former Pentagon terror advisor Jesse Clear told me and legal counsels for the Senate Intelligence and Judiciary Committees that he believed that Middle Eastern and domestic terrorists worked together to do the OKC bombing, a cooperation arrangement that has been repeated around the world in other terrorist attacks. Clear was ridiculed and not taken seriously by many of his government pears in counter intelligence and counter terrorism.

Unfortunately, Clear and the FBI strongly defended a failed FBI and CIA policy of allowing terrorist cells to operate without apprehension in the US so US intelligence could follow and track terrorists working out of these cells for years. Clear even gave me a taped recording of a conversation he had about the subject with FBI agent, Paul Geiger, from the FBI counterintelligence unit at buzzards point #3 near DC.

I have complained of this bad and failed policy to Federal officials for over four years and this was even discussed by Clear with Geiger. This failed policy was exactly the case with Ali Mohammed who set up even more cells and trained more terrorists how to set up more cells while he was allowed to roam as an FBI informant and as a follower and trainer for Bin Laden.

And this failed policy of tracking known terrorists in the US was followed and defended by FBI Director Louis Freeh in May 1995 before Congress. Freeh bragged that the FBI had help populate three Abu Nidal terrorists cells in the US with known middle eastern terrorists who were allowed to roam to long train others and set up more cells like Ali Mohammed without apprehension. The three cells Freeh described he stated were in Dallas, Los Angeles and in Virginia near DC. Abu Nidal is a brutal, blood thirsty terrorist who is close to Sadam Hussain and who may have helped in the recent WTC attacks. In 1999 and in 2000 CBN News and terrorism expert Steve Emerson reported Abu Nidal meeting with Sadam Hussein in Iraq.

Even Jane Thomas, a USG employee associated with the OKC bombing museum and terror training center, tried in early 2000 to defend to me the failed FBI policy of not moving against known Middle Eastern terrorists in order to protect FBI operations, informants and to track the terrorists. Thomas quoted FBI agents who had explained this to her at FBI training seminars she had attended. Her description closely paralleled the known FBI techniques used with the Klu Klux Klan and mob figures which are not successful for terrorists since the FBI loses track of them while they continue to set up cells and train more terrorists in the US.

On 9/12/2001 officials in the CIA have been quoted by NBC News reporter, Fred Francis as saying that Bin Laden has many terrorist cells inside the US capable of carrying out attacks. In 2000, CBS National News reported that Bin Laden had many terror cells in the US that were feared to have planned an attack on the FBI headquarters in DC and public tours of the headquarters were canceled as a result.

Besides domestic terrorists helping foreign terrorist cells in the US, it is suspected and has been reported that terrorist organizations Islamic Jihad, Hezbollah , and Hamas collaborate with Bin Laden terrorists overseas and probably inside the US. It is also known that China, Russia and North Korea help encourage, fund and provide other assistance (planning expertise and intelligence) to Middle Eastern terror groups backed by Iraq and Iran that attack US targets. In fact, Newsweek reported in 1998, that Bin Laden gave remnants of US cruise missiles to China. Also it has been widely reported that Bin Laden has acquired nuclear, biological and chemical weapons from nations part of the former Soviet Union and from the Chinese.

Based on the information presented in this article I recommend the following to help minimize terrorist attacks inside the US:

The USG should not blindly rely on help from nations which openly and privately support terrorists even though these nations are currently offering help to track down and punish terrorists. This would include the nations of North Korea, China, Syria, Egypt, Russia, Sudan, Libya, Iraq and Iran.

The US should completely destroy (finish the job this time) the overseas capability of Sadam Hussain and Iraq, Bin Laden and Afghanistan and Pakistan, and Syria and Iran and Hamas, Hezbollah and Islamic Jihad to mount terror attacks against the US. This would include but not be limited to their training, communication and logistic centers as well as all their weapons and means of financial support.

USG officials and authorities should admit and promise to not repeat their mistake of not acting earlier against Bin Laden and Sadam Hussein for so long when they knew of Bin Laden’s involvement in with bombings of Kobar Towers, Tanzanian and Kenya embassies, and the USS Cole and of Sadam Hussein’s role in backing Bin Laden terrorist activities including his involvement in the OKC bombing.

Apprehend and question all suspected and known domestic and foreign John Does suspects believed involved in the OKC bombing to learn of more about Middle Eastern and domestic men and cells associated with Bin Laden, Sadam Hussein and Iraqi and Pakistani support of McVeigh to help carry out the OKC bombing. Anything learned from these John Does would be important to help understand and eliminate domestic and Middle Eastern and foreign cells that could be involved in possible future terrorist acts in the US.

The FBI should question the Iraqi, the alleged OKC bombing suspect, Al Hussain Husaini about his activities as a baggage handler at Boston’s Logan airport where some of the WTC hijackings were launched. The FBI should try to learn all it can from Hussain about Middle Eastern, Bin Laden and particularly Sadam Hussein sponsored activities in the US even if it he was not involved in OKC or in the WTC attacks.

The USG should re-interrogate Ali Mohammed to learn where the terror cells are in the US that Ali set up for Bin Laden, who their members are and what measures they use to avoid detection. Then the US should move immediately against the cells and individuals that Ali Mohammed identifies.

Admit to, stop and change the FBI and CIA failed policies of populating known terror cells with known terrorists and of tracking these terrorists for years without arresting and prosecuting or deporting them immediately so that they cannot setup more cells and train more terrorists when the USG loses track of them.

Act immediately, now, against all known terrorist cells and terrorist individuals in the US. This would include the three Abu Nidal terrorist cells and those known to populate them as described by FBI Director Louis Freeh as operating out of Dallas, LA and near DC. It would also include any known Hamas, Islamic Jihad and Hezbollah groups and individuals in the US.

The USG should investigate and move to deport or prosecute all illegal aliens, all foreign nationals that can not justify a legal, non subversive and non terrorist presence in the US since these men or women could be members of these terrorists cells in the US.

Focus on continuing to eliminate terror cells in the US while at the same time destroying training, funding and safe haven support for terrorists overseas. This is vital because sleeper terrorists in these cells in the US can be activated to attack the US again at any time especially if their leaders and base of support are being attacked and destroyed by the US overseas. CIA sources told Fred Francis of NBC that these sleepers do exist in the many Bin Laden cells within the US. These US cells may be capable of delivering nuclear, biological and chemical weapons within the US.

Protect dams, food and water supplies, electrical generation facilities, financial centers, computer communication systems, fuel refineries and chemical plants, critical infrastructures such as bridges, fuel pipelines, nuclear power plants, etc.

Change the attitudes of Congressmen, their staffs and committees, and those senior officials in the FBI and CIA and DOJ, to be more receptive to valid information offered by researchers and investigators pertaining to the WTC and OKC attacks. Currently, these men still suffer from their arrogance that they know best about their failed policies, and will not listen to and learn from researchers and investigators particularly if the information and advice appears critical and embarrassing even though constructive. These men should put adequately protecting the lives of the public ahead of their careers.

I have encountered resistance to listen and receive information from all these types of men in government for over six years and they still refuse to receive and take seriously the information I have offered them even pertaining to the recent attacks on the WTC and Pentagon contained in this article.

The officials who have failed to adequately protect the American public from Middle Eastern terrorists (see my numerous article on FreeRepublic) includes US Senator James Inhofe, Congressman Istook, and legal counsels for the Senate Judiciary, Kolan Davis, for the House Judiciary, Keith Ausbrook, and Senator Grassley’s investigator for the Senate Finance and Judiciary Committee, John Gill. It also includes AG Ashcroft who has received but failed to adequately and timely act on considerable info on the OKC bombing provided to him in person from credible witnesses.

What is extremely troublesome is that these same men who have failed us so badly, are still making the same mistakes and yet are the ones entrusted with the role of protecting us from terrorists in the future. To this date, I doubt their reliability, integrity and judgment on the combating of Middle Eastern terrorist cells and individuals. I pray they will read and listen and learn from their mistakes and change their policies and approaches for the better to save the lives of innocent American citizens.

I find it amusing and sickening that some of these political officials and elected leaders skillfully avoid personal blame and accountability by placing most of the blame on failures of US intelligence for the terrorist attacks on the US. These same officials have repeatedly had the opportunity for years to move but have not moved against Iraq and Afghanistan, against Bin Laden and Sadam Hussein, when it has been proven they were involved in attacks on Americans. If they had moved earlier, there may have not been an attack on the WTC and Pentagon and the loss of thousands of innocent lives. I pray they will not keep making the same mistakes identified in this article.

TOPICS: Crime/Corruption; Editorial
KEYWORDS:
Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-33 next last

1 posted on 09/13/2001 9:36:28 PM PDT by OKCSubmariner
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: LSJohn,Judge Parker,golitely,BlueDogDemo,archy,thinden,Uncle Bill,Wallaby,JohnHuang2,Fred Mertz,rwz
BUMP
2 posted on 09/13/2001 9:37:59 PM PDT by OKCSubmariner
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: OKCSubmariner
See also:

It DID Happen Here

3 posted on 09/13/2001 9:38:46 PM PDT by mrustow

To: Plummz,freedomnews,rdavis84,Abundy,Inspector Harry Callahan,bub,Chapita,kattracks,honway,roughrider
BUMP
4 posted on 09/13/2001 9:39:10 PM PDT by OKCSubmariner

To: Jim Robinson
BUMP

This appears to have been pulled tonight by one of the monitors.

I am sorry if it was in the wrong place but I am not sure.

If you believe it belongs somewhere else please let me know so I can repost it in the correct place. Or if you beleive it is in the correct place, please also let me know so I still can repost it.

5 posted on 09/13/2001 9:56:22 PM PDT by OKCSubmariner
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

To: OKCSubmariner
Well done.

On 9/12/2001 officials in the CIA have been quoted by NBC News reporter, Fred Francis as saying that Bin Laden has many terrorist cells inside the US capable of carrying out attacks.

This is something of a sidenote, but you should be aware that Fred Francis is reliable in only one way -- he will consistently report the CIA line. Several people smarter than I are convinced that's where he gets his paycheck.

6 posted on 09/13/2001 10:01:17 PM PDT by LSJohn
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

To: LSJohn
Was this article pulled from your Front Page Editorial Page?

If so, what would you recommend I do to get the article up somewhere so everyone can see and read it who wants to?

7 posted on 09/13/2001 10:05:20 PM PDT by OKCSubmariner
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

To: OKCSubmariner, ...a.bump
bttt
8 posted on 09/13/2001 10:13:25 PM PDT by LSJohn
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

To: independentmind, Nita Nupress
fyi
9 posted on 09/13/2001 10:14:13 PM PDT by LSJohn

To: honway, carenot, rwz
fyi
10 posted on 09/13/2001 10:14:43 PM PDT by LSJohn

To: Architect, A Navy Vet, Askel5
fyi
11 posted on 09/13/2001 10:15:32 PM PDT by LSJohn

To: Jedediah Smith, AtticusX, Patriot76
fyi
12 posted on 09/13/2001 10:16:28 PM PDT by LSJohn

To: Paul Ross, ouroboros
fyi
13 posted on 09/13/2001 10:17:04 PM PDT by LSJohn

To: Inspector Harry Callahan, arcane, arator
fyi
14 posted on 09/13/2001 10:18:25 PM PDT by LSJohn

To: SKYDRIFTER, Black Jade, Sawdring
fyi
15 posted on 09/13/2001 10:19:26 PM PDT by LSJohn

To: t-shirt, Nita Nupress
BUMP
16 posted on 09/13/2001 10:23:19 PM PDT by OKCSubmariner

Thanks for the bump. Seems to be lots of confusion about the monitors. Or maybe the few articles I get around to reading are the sort of thing that attracts their attention, as well.
17 posted on 09/13/2001 10:43:13 PM PDT by arcane
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 14 | View Replies]

To: arcane
Or maybe the few articles I get around to reading are the sort of thing that attracts their attention, as well.

There's a certain logic to that!

It's hard to read more than a few responses on most of the threads. . . . . . . depressing.

18 posted on 09/13/2001 10:51:04 PM PDT by LSJohn
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 17 | View Replies]

It's hard to read more than a few responses on most of the threads. . .

The thread entitled, The Surrender Option..., has some reasonable discussion.

19 posted on 09/13/2001 10:58:52 PM PDT by arcane
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 18 | View Replies]

To: arcane
I saw one of those threads and there was some good discussion but it's hard to keep my cool threading my way through so much moronic chaff.
20 posted on 09/13/2001 11:20:54 PM PDT by LSJohn
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 19 | View Replies]

Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-33 next last

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson