Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

The GUILD 9-15-2001 Proudly We Stand

Posted on 09/15/2001 6:00:05 AM PDT by Hillary's Lovely Legs

" Just three days removed from these events, Americans do not yet have the distance of history, but our responsibility to history is already clear: to answer these attacks and rid the world of evil. War has been waged against us by stealth and deceit and murder"

TOPICS: Culture/Society; Extended News; Miscellaneous
KEYWORDS:
Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-4041-6061-80 ... 121-127 next last

1 posted on 09/15/2001 6:00:05 AM PDT by Hillary's Lovely Legs
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: Hillary's Lovely Legs
Morning HLL and all. It's time for me to check out and get some work done. My daughter insists that we do the CNN TalkBack Live today. I'll check back in before we go.
2 posted on 09/15/2001 6:04:08 AM PDT by LBGA
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: LBGA & all
Hugs and prayers for all.
3 posted on 09/15/2001 6:26:59 AM PDT by hoosiermama
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

To: LBGA
What time is Talk Back Live? We'll watch for y'all.
4 posted on 09/15/2001 6:44:50 AM PDT by Timeout

To: LBGA
Have a great time at Talk Back Live. Wear your ribbons.
5 posted on 09/15/2001 6:52:04 AM PDT by Hillary's Lovely Legs

To: Hillary's Lovely Legs,LBGA,Timeout,hoosiermama, Snow Bunny, all
Good morning. Snow Bunny - I just read your post about what happened at lunch yesterday, and teared up. In our area, most of the high schools played their regular Friday night games, but the boys ran onto the fields all carrying flags, and the bands joined to play "God Bless America." We have to try to get back to our daily tasks and activities, but true "normalcy" may not return for months and years.

Prayers for your mom, Timeout, and continuing prayers for Iowa Granny's recovery.

It was strange, late yesterday afternoon I saw an airliner flying overhead headed to Pittsburgh and almost did a double take. I felt I had to keep an eye on it in case something happened. Then I saw another plane, and told myself "it's okay, we're just getting back to normal."

6 posted on 09/15/2001 7:03:42 AM PDT by mountaineer
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

On Fox Now: President Bush talking from Camp David. Also Ashcroft and Powell.
7 posted on 09/15/2001 7:08:13 AM PDT by Carolinamom
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

To: Carolinamom
Barbara Olson's funeral on Fox.

8 posted on 09/15/2001 7:36:37 AM PDT by Hillary's Lovely Legs
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

To: mountaineer
"Great tragedy has come to us, and we are meeting it with the best that is in our country, with courage and concern for others. Because this is America. This is who we are. This is what our enemies hate and have attacked. And this is why we will prevail. " "

George W Bush, President of the United States. Radio Address September 15, 2001

9 posted on 09/15/2001 7:49:11 AM PDT by Hillary's Lovely Legs
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

My eyes are so tired, bloodshot, and they sting. Not enough sleep and too many tears this week.
10 posted on 09/15/2001 7:51:26 AM PDT by anniegetyourgun
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 9 | View Replies]

'morning HLL- thanks for the post. Barb Olsen was one of my favorites on TV, always got straight talk from her, and you could see the fear in the liberals whan they had to debate her because she just mad so much sense and made them look foolish.
11 posted on 09/15/2001 7:53:43 AM PDT by Mr. K
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 8 | View Replies]

I am watching local news here on New York. They are asking for no more volunteers, and saying that the volunteer police/firemen (FIRE*MEN* no longer will say "firefighters") who come to New York and want to volunteer will be doing traffic safety. No one will be admitted to "Ground Zero" to help with rescue/recovery efforts.

Some "volunteers" have used this tragedy as an excuse to loot -- there are some who have tried to burgle a watch shop and Brooks Brothers.

Deliveries of food, etc. are no longer needed and are just hampering rescue efforts.

I have just heard that the subway stop closest to where I work will be open Monday. I am thrilled to be able to go back to work on Wall Street!

I am ready to see some posting of jewelry. How about RED, WHITE AND BLUE PEARLS?????

12 posted on 09/15/2001 7:56:22 AM PDT by HateBill

To: anniegetyourgun
Think you've spoken for all of us, annie. I was talking to someone in freemail yesterday though, that it's time for the networks to cease the 24 hour coverage and get back to regular scheduling, breaking in for important news or maybe having an hour long special in the evening. There are just so many ways to show the same picture over and over and over all day long of the buildings crumbling. The picture is etched in all our minds without the constant reshowing. If the talking heads would just shut up and let the work go on. When you have to search for something to say, some new angle, some new way, just to have their face and voice online all day long, it's time to GO THE HECK AWAY. The job will be done without their babble. I'm tired of Dan and Petah and Tom droning on and on and on.

Sorry for rant.

13 posted on 09/15/2001 7:58:10 AM PDT by Billie
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 10 | View Replies]

To: Snow Bunny
I, too, read your post about your experience yesterday during lunch. Thank you so much for witnessing for us how everyday people are showing their love and patriotism for our country. That must have been an overwhelming feeling.
14 posted on 09/15/2001 8:01:01 AM PDT by Billie
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 13 | View Replies]

To: HateBill
We had the same idea it seems, sorta! I was posting about the networks getting back on schedule while you were making your post about seeing some jewelry again! Here:

15 posted on 09/15/2001 8:04:21 AM PDT by Billie
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 12 | View Replies]

To: Timeout
They called Teale last night and said TalkBack would be on an hour earlier, at 2. I wouldn't go to the trouble to watch this if I were you as we most certainly will not be allowed to ask a question, as we are conservatives.

I'll report when we get back.

Prayers still going out for Tilly, Iowa Granny, BWB and all of us this week.

16 posted on 09/15/2001 8:06:28 AM PDT by LBGA
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

To: Billie
Well said - NOT a rant!

I believe there are many of us who feel exactly as you do: we WILL never forget, we CAN never forget!

We are ready for the coverage of the consequences - our tears are beginning to dry, and we want ACTION, NOW!

17 posted on 09/15/2001 8:10:39 AM PDT by lodwick (God Bless America!)

Thanks for the ping.....am listening to Barbara's memorial service now. Hers was a life well-lived. God bless her and give Ted comfort at this terrible time. Her impact and their love will endure, for this gifted couple also have/had real LOVE........love for their country, their friends, millions of admirers (I am but one), and devotion to each other. Their marriage was a very real and devoted one, so after the mourning I truely hope that Ted will celebrate her and his good fortune to have been her husband.
18 posted on 09/15/2001 8:16:13 AM PDT by Carolinamom

To: anniegetyourgun
Annie, I feel that way too.

Billie is right, the networks need to stop all the 24 hour coverage. I think we've all had as much reality as we can stand.

They need to get out of the way, so that recovery/rescue units can do their job, I think they are probably hampering those efforts. I personally do not want to see any more of the destruction, it is really not necessary. We all have seen and are angry and devastated enough.

We have to move on, go about our lives and do everything we can to support our country in whatever way we can.

19 posted on 09/15/2001 8:35:01 AM PDT by pubmom
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 10 | View Replies]

To: Billie
Dear Ladies and Gents here,

I haven't posted much lately because of the rancor of the debates before Tuesday.

Since Tuesday, my heart has been pierced because of the agony of seeing so much death and destruction.

But also, I have three sons who will surely be engaged in this struggle, which we must prevail.

My generation has lived with so much privilege bought with the blood of previous generations. But as the President reminded us, we are not spared suffering. My children's generation must meet the challenge that has arisen before them.

I am given a glimmer of the agonies that Abraham must surely have felt in God asking him to sacrifice Isaac. In the end, God provided.

I do not know the path that is before my sons and the struggles they will have to face. I am just so thankful that we have schooled them here at home and that I have been blessed by every minute of their lives.

The cause is just, and I pray that my sons will be resolute and have courage.

But it does not mitigate the heavy heart. I'm learning to cherish each moment, so that when it is their time to be called, I can let them go, trusting that all that we have taught them will be sufficient for the hour.

For those who missed Secretary Rumsfeld's prayer to the Cabinet yesterday, here it is:

Ever faithful God, in death we are reminded of the precious birthrights of life and liberty you endowed in your American people. You have shown once again that these gifts must never be taken for granted.

We pledge to those whom you have called home, and ask of you -

Patience, to measure our lust for action;

Resolve, to strengthen our obligation to lead;

Wisdom, to illuminate our pursuit of justice, and;

Strength, in defense of liberty.

We seek your special blessing today for those who stand as sword and shield, protecting the many from the tyranny of the few. Our enduring prayer is that you shall always guide our labors and that our battles shall always be just.

We pray this day, heavenly father, the prayer our nation learned at another time of righteous struggle and noble cause -- America's enduring prayer: Not that God will be on our side, but always, O Lord, that America will be on your side.

20 posted on 09/15/2001 8:36:42 AM PDT by Carolina

Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-4041-6061-80 ... 121-127 next last

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson