Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

Pray For President Bush - Day 365- 1 Year Celebration
http://www.prayforgeorgewbush.com ^ | September 15, 2000 | Dittojed2

Posted on 09/15/2001 8:42:39 AM PDT by DittoJed2

Lamentations 3:22-23
Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail.They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.

TOPICS: Culture/Society; Front Page News; Miscellaneous
KEYWORDS:
Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-28 next last
Dear Lord and Heavenly Father, We come to You this day with thanksgiving for how wonderful You have been to us over the past year. We thank You for the victories that we have seen throughout this prayer vigil and look forward to the victories which await us in the future. It is a comfort to know that no matter how much Satan schemes, YOU have the final word!

Lord, I thank You for how You worked during the election. I thank You for the victory we received in winning the election, but also for the victories received in the debates, and in the revelation of the truth which the press tried to distort.

Father, I thank You for the measures which President Bush took immediately upon entering office by declaring a national day of prayer and by rolling back funding for international abortions. I thank You for many of the good people that are in His administration, and for the strength and wisdom You have given him.

Father, I thank You for those special times when we saw Your healing hand in the health situations regarding Vice President Cheney. I thank You also for hearing our prayers regarding America's continued support for Israel. Her enemies are our enemies and Yours. May we always defend her right to exist.

Lord, as this first year of our vigil ends on a somber note, we realize that the challenges which lie ahead will be even greater than those we have already faced. Knowing this, we recommit ourselves to following You, knowing that the God who has been faithful in the past will remain faithful in the future. Father, bless our President this year. Protect him, as the threats against him seem greater than ever. Protect all who are in his cabinet and in his family. Give him wisdom in this current crisis and beyond and help him to know the right course of action to take in each and every situation. Lord, people underestimate him and we who love him sometimes overestimate what he as a mere man can do. Yet, when we ponder his Presidency and the position which You have placed him in, we know Lord that we can never underestimate what You can do through him. Lord, help him to be yielded to Your will. Help him to seek You always. Let his heart be so saturated by Your Spirit and his actions so reflect Your truth that all in the world will stop and marvel, knowing that it is not him that they see but You working through him. Glorify Yourself in him, and glorify Yourself in the days to come in this nation. Protect us Lord from enemies without and within. Move within us by Your Holy Spirit. And, by Your grace send us the revival and spiritual awakening that this nation so desparately needs.

Thank You my Lord and my God for All You have done and for all that You are going to do in the days to come. Go with us. Go with President Bush. And, God, do bless America and keep her free. For it is in the precious and holy and marvelous and lovely name of Christ Jesus my Lord and Savior, Amen.
1 posted on 09/15/2001 8:42:39 AM PDT by DittoJed2 (pray4bush@aol.com)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: Faith
Come celebrate God's faithfulness over the past year!
2 posted on 09/15/2001 9:00:42 AM PDT by DittoJed2
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: DittoJed2
Praise God for His faithfulness and love!!! Thank you for your contiued efforts in posting these prayer threads. I haven't been able to post everyday, but have contiued to pray daily for President Bush and our country. We need God's guidance now more than ever. God bless and protect GW and may He give us all strength for the coming storm.
3 posted on 09/15/2001 9:26:31 AM PDT by NCEaglette
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

Father in heaven how we bless You and celebrate Your goodness throughout this year of prayers. It is by Your grace that we have been sustained; You have inspired and directed our prayers, You have brought us to the gates to stand and having done all to stand. You are indeed awesome and we desire to continue serving You and our land.

Father, we pray that You keep this prayer thread under Your covering and that Your daily marching orders will be heard by each person on their post on the walls of America. We pray that the breach opened by our sins may soon be shut closed by a repentance that is holy and acceptable to You. We ask for Your special blessing on DittoJed2, as she has been faithful to You and country and an example of what You call a good soldier.

Your kingdom come into America and through her at this moment of great need and Your will be done in all we are about,for Your glory we ask in the supreme name of Yeshua the King over all kings.

4 posted on 09/15/2001 10:06:44 AM PDT by Hila
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

Thank you, DittoJed2, for your dedication to this ministry of inspiration and encouragement. I haven't been here the whole year, but this thread has been such a blessing to me. May God richly bless you for your consistency as you serve Him in this manner.

"Have I not commanded you?
Be strong and courageous.
Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged,
for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go." -- Joshua 1:9

5 posted on 09/15/2001 10:17:14 AM PDT by whoever

In thee, O LORD, do I put my trust; let me never be ashamed: deliver me in thy righteousness. Bow down thine ear to me; deliver me speedily: be thou my strong rock, for an house of defence to save me. For thou art my rock and my fortress; therefore for thy name's sake lead me, and guide me.

Psa 31: 1-3

6 posted on 09/15/2001 10:26:02 AM PDT by DreamWeaver

Mighty God, Everlasting Father,

We come before You as a group of believers today, Lord, standing in the gap for America. How grateful we are for the many answers to prayer You have provided to us over the past year; and we continue now, in this dark hour to turn to You, the source of our strength. We seek Your heart of compassion. We ask that You would hide not Your face from us, Father, but turn and have pity upon Your children crying out to You. Spare us from those who hate us and who hate You, Merciful Lord.

Stir the hearts of all Americans to pray, Father, for it is only in our prayers that Your healing can begin to descend unto this country. It is only through our prayers that Your hand will begin to move. It is only through our prayers that we can begin to help this nation turn toward You and seek Your face; for then You have promised to forgive our sins and heal our land. Failing to pray for this nation and for its citizens is a sin against You, Great God. Convict the hearts of Your people to humble themselves and pray for America and its leaders.

Hear our prayers for our President and his family as well as all members of his administration. We lift them up to You, Father, and pray that supernatural strength and wisdom would be given them. Help them to fall to their knees and pray to You, seeking Your will in every decision they must make. Help them to know that You are with them in trouble; that You will deliver them and honor them because they know and believe upon Your name. Surround them with Your mighty angels, Lord, and let no weapon formed against them prosper. Confound the forces of satan that seek to destroy them. You know the hearts of satan’s forces that are from abroad---the terrorists from other countries. Protect our leaders also from satan’s forces from within our own nation, whether they secretly hide as terrorist accomplices, or whether they serve legitimately in positions where they continue to deny You, distorting the truth, and leading America away from You.

Father, we know that this battle belongs to You. Bring down Your hand of judgment against all enemies of Your laws and Your truth. The wicked scorn You and Your authority. Deliver us from their hands, God of our strength. Give us aid against the enemy, for the help of man is worthless without You. With You we will gain the victory, for You will trample down those who would destroy us. We know that there is no true weapon of war but Your Name, no true refuge except for Your Word, and no real victory except for the overwhelming power given us through Jesus Christ.

Thank You that You, the Lord of hosts, are with us; and that You, the God of Jacob, are our strength. Help us to be still and know that You are God. Grant all who labor and are heavy laden Your peace this day, in the name of Jesus Christ, our Lord. Amen.

7 posted on 09/15/2001 10:49:55 AM PDT by Faith

To: esther2, Azbushgal, GretchenEE, ohioWfan, rabidralph, whoever, Hila, califordubya, motherlydia
Continue, faithful in prayer.
8 posted on 09/15/2001 10:52:16 AM PDT by Faith
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

To: anniegetyourgun, manna, Reagan's_Mom, snippy_about_it, Estra Jean, TrueBeliever9, Azonie, Faith
9 posted on 09/15/2001 10:52:48 AM PDT by Faith

To: BlueAngel, hoosier_RW_conspirator, WomanofStandard, MamaB, Peg444, marylina, Victoria Delsoul
10 posted on 09/15/2001 10:53:18 AM PDT by Faith

To: JulieRNR21, TruthNtegrity, Kayak, Miss Marple, truthandlife, Manny Festo, homeschoolmama,Twins613
11 posted on 09/15/2001 10:53:48 AM PDT by Faith

To: jae471, Tigen
12 posted on 09/15/2001 10:54:19 AM PDT by Faith

BTT!
13 posted on 09/15/2001 10:58:38 AM PDT by Bigg Red
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 12 | View Replies]

Heavenly Father,

We come before You with gratitude for leading Your servant, DittoJed to maintain this prayer thread each day over the past year. Thank You for placing this desire to serve You in her heart and for giving her an opportunity to gather together prayer warriors from across America to lift up this nation and its leaders to You. May You reward her faithfulness and wrap her in Your arms of love. We offer You our grateful praise for all the ways You have been faithful to answer our prayers of agreement. May the Name of Jesus Christ continue to be glorified in all these postings. Amen.

14 posted on 09/15/2001 11:01:03 AM PDT by Faith

To: DittoJed2, Faith
AMEN and AMEN. Dear God Almighty, in reflecting on the prayer-warrioring that DittoJed2 has lead us through beginning with the fierce spiritual battle over who would be President, we see your merciful and divine hand in giving us Christian leaders for this time of war against Your enemies and ours. Thank you with all my heart, Holy Father for our President's resolve and biblical understanding of what this nation is up against--good verses evil. Thank you for the revival which is coming and for the uniting of this nation and also for its people inviting You back into their personal and political lives as we acknowledge our dependence on You as our ultimate Protector, Defender, and Leader.
15 posted on 09/15/2001 11:29:08 AM PDT by mykids'mom

To: mykids'mom
Praise Father, Son and Holy Ghost. May our Lord grant our President the wisdom of Solomon and the courage and strength of David. May He keep VP Cheney's heart beating strongly. May He Bless Ameria with His grace and healing.
16 posted on 09/15/2001 11:58:34 AM PDT by GailA
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 15 | View Replies]

Heavenly Father, Thank you for this day and Your faithfulness. Thank you for what we have accomplished and for the future because we know that we are the apple of Your eye, that You bottle our tears, light our path and guide our steps. Give strength to those who are struggling with personal loss and help those who seek to support those in need. Thank you for the unity I see around me. I bless and praise Your Holy Name thanking you for the president you have given us, for the moving of Your Spirit and the boldness of Your people to speak truth boldly. Protect our nation and our President and all who support him. In Jesus' Name, Amen.
17 posted on 09/15/2001 12:49:40 PM PDT by Estra Jean
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 9 | View Replies]

Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Gal. 6:9

Father I pray today for the rescue workers and volunteers in New York City who have been laboring since Tuesday. Renew their spirits today, Lord.

How I thank you for this prayer thread today. I thank you for the perseverence of DittoJed2 who faithfully been 'doing good' for this past year, and has not wearied in the task. Lord, so many of us have been praying for George W. Bush since the time we sensed that he was a man who truly loved You, and was listening to Your call to run for the Presidency, even before we knew about this particular place of prayer. We prayed through the election fiasco, and rejoiced with thanksgiving when Inauguration Day came in January, but none of us knew what an ominous task you had called President Bush to. But Lord we affirm now, that in Your Sovereignty, You have appointed George W. Bush for this critical time in history, to lead this great nation in obedience to Your call. As DittoJed has said, those of us who admire him can easily fall prey to believing that he can do anything in his own strength, even to the point of idolatry. I ask today that You keep each of us from that sin.

I ask a special blessing on the Cabinet as they meet at Camp David. Be a presence among them. Lord when I think of the people whom President Bush has gathered around him, I am thankful that so many are Your servants. I pray that Your Holy Spirit would be felt and heard, that whatever actions are taken would be in obedience to Your leading.

Be a comfort to Laura Bush through this time, Lord. We can only imagine the horror of her experience on Tuesday. Assure her Lord that You are in this, and that You will protect her beloved husband as he does Your will as the leader, not only of this country, but of the free world.

And most importantly, Lord, I ask You that the heightened spiritual awareness that exists in this country today would lead to a revival in this land. Wake up Your people to pray, to witness to Your love and mercy and share the good news of Jesus'Christ.

Thank You for what You are doing, and what You will do in and through us because of what occurred on Tuesday. In Jesus' holy name, Amen.

18 posted on 09/15/2001 1:38:46 PM PDT by ohioWfan

Amen.
19 posted on 09/15/2001 2:48:36 PM PDT by Victoria Delsoul

Mighty and gracious Yahweh,

Blessed in Your holy name, thank You that you honor those who know Your name and know those who are Yours through the blood of the Lamb. Thank You for having given America so much through Your SON and for having poured salvation into many lands through the American people. Keep us secure in this hour dear Lord and we say like in the book of Acts: look upon their threats and grant that with all boldness Your good news be proclaimed - continually!

Our Father, we especially ask for Your truth and light to come to families. American children are being told by muslim people on national tv programs, that "we all have the same "God" and that they just happen to have a different name for him." Lord, we pray against deception and sound the alarm. Your Word says "Whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to stumble, it would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck and he were thrown into the sea." So we intercede for parents to know You and the Truth You have sent, Christ Jesus the Lord of all. In His name we ask.

20 posted on 09/15/2001 3:30:38 PM PDT by Hila

Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-28 next last

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson