Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

A Question For Muslims? Will They Call a Fatwah Against The Shahid's?
September 15, 2001 | UndergroundWarrior

Posted on 09/16/2001 8:08:21 PM PDT by undergroundwarrior

I hear Muslims say they are tearful over the attacks. They say the attacks are wrong. They say they are not responsible and are a peaceful people. How many Muslims have called for justice? How many Muslims have called for the destruction / eradication / extermination of these sons of satan???

If a Christian or Jew was responsible for these acts, Christians and Jews would be calling for swift justice.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I see the Muslim community as being a brotherhood. Like a family, with a son gone bad, they will not condemn their evil brothers???

Islam is a fierce religion. There is no "Turn the other cheek" philosophy in their scriptures. Where is the Fatwah against the lives of these criminals? Afterall, these criminals have killed numerous Muslim brothers with their terrorist airplane bombings?

If a fatwah can be issued against a man for writing a book, why haven't the Muslim leaders issued it against these so - called Shahid's (most holy martyr's)???

TOPICS: Culture/Society; Miscellaneous
KEYWORDS:
Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-37 next last
I write this post with all seriousness. I work and live amongst many of the Islamic faith. These people come across as being devout and honorable. Are they too asking for justice?
1 posted on 09/16/2001 8:08:21 PM PDT by undergroundwarrior
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: undergroundwarrior
Anybody wanting to enlighten me???
2 posted on 09/16/2001 8:15:53 PM PDT by undergroundwarrior
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

Bump.

Been asking the same question all day.

3 posted on 09/16/2001 8:18:54 PM PDT by cicero's_son
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

To: cicero's_son
Been wrestling with this topic for a while. The only way Muslims can be a free people is if they DENOUNCE these evil members of their society and call for justice.
4 posted on 09/16/2001 8:25:27 PM PDT by undergroundwarrior
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

I was thinking that having the mainstream Muslim clerics as part of the coalition against terrorism would be a great tool in fighting the terrorists that have infected their religion. It would clarify who stood with civilization and would stood with the terrorists. I think the Muslims would be grateful to cleanse the lunatics out of their faith.
5 posted on 09/16/2001 8:28:16 PM PDT by TheDon

Are they too asking for justice?

Islam is bound up in politics.

Only Mullahs can call for fatwas, as I understand it.

In which case, don't hold your breath waiting for one.

6 posted on 09/16/2001 8:30:48 PM PDT by sinkspur

Go to chroniclesmagazine.org and read two articles from the 1999 issue and Islam. It seems the problem of the moderate moslim is that it doesn't exist in the numbers we are led to believe.
7 posted on 09/16/2001 8:30:49 PM PDT by hollyweed
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

To: TheDon
Don, Question still not answered. They SHOULD want to cleanse their community of the vermin. But will they??
8 posted on 09/16/2001 8:31:27 PM PDT by undergroundwarrior
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

Muslim. Sorry
9 posted on 09/16/2001 8:31:50 PM PDT by hollyweed

To: hollyweed
Just writing thoughts off the top of my head. Some egg on my face.
10 posted on 09/16/2001 8:34:55 PM PDT by undergroundwarrior
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 9 | View Replies]

Good post.

Here's the fatwa I would need to see before I start believing they're really against Oscuma bint Larden:

On that basis, and in compliance with God's order, we issue the following fatwa to all Muslims: The ruling to kill Osama bin Ladin and his allies -- civilians and military -- is an individual duty for every Muslim who can do it in any country in which it is possible to do it, in order to liberate Islam from the grip of a murderous terrorist and his satanic followers, and in order for them to be defeated and unable to threaten any person anywhere.

When I see this hypothetical fatwa activated, I'll start to reconsider certain opinions. Until then, they remain.

11 posted on 09/16/2001 8:35:17 PM PDT by neutrino (neutrino)

A great question !

I look forward to seeing some answers here on FR from the Americans Muslim's and their "just visiting" brothers. Seems to me that the answers should pretty clearly identify which side they are on.

I'd also love to see some of the talking heads who are preaching to us about how loyal these "injured" neighbors are, ask the same question.

12 posted on 09/16/2001 8:36:24 PM PDT by Little John

Just got back from a meeting in Toronto that was disussing Discrimination toward Muslims. I declared that I make distinction between islam and radical islam and that eveyone, Muslim and non-muslim alike should ask question: HOW I CAN HELP fight against radical islam? I got a chilling stare from person previously being softspoken about Muslims being target of racism. I was not much amused.

Try by yourself, make it your acid test.

13 posted on 09/16/2001 8:36:25 PM PDT by DTA

To: Little John
This question seems to be a third rail type. It is simple enough??? I hope mainstream Islam is with us. If they are, they should be able to ask for justice???
14 posted on 09/16/2001 8:40:12 PM PDT by undergroundwarrior
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 12 | View Replies]

I think they will. It will be interesting to see which groups, in which countries do it. I'm not sure how their faith's structured, it seems to have a lot of factions.

It is hard to get a feel for what the average adherent believes as the Middle East gov'ts, Israel excepted of course, use the religion to help hold onto power. This neccessitates the use of the rabid Muslim clerics in positions of power in those countries to keep them loyal to the gov't. These clerics whip up the useful idiots among the masses, and the herd mentality takes over.

The Muslims I know in the US seem like your average American Joe. They have a job and a family, they are nice and just want to be left alone to live their life. I imagine that since they have left their countries of birth, this speaks to their feelings about the nuts running those countries.

15 posted on 09/16/2001 8:44:18 PM PDT by TheDon
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 8 | View Replies]

Comment #16 Removed by Moderator

Yeah, sure, I'll share what I was told.
There was a fatwah on Osam Bin Laden when the Saudis kicked him out of Saudi. (His birthplace.) Don't know if the Sudanese did a fatwah but they also kicked him out of country.
Fatwah can be sort of like a local Priest option. It isn't like the Pope issuing an ecumenical. Different sects can issue their own fatwah.
Neighbors might agree, might not. Some Islams think the Ayatollah's fatwah on Rushdie is b.s.....well, think it isn't right.

...at least that's what I got from a Pakistani student at U of Arizona. He also said that the Islam he got as a kid wasn't the same all over Pakistan, and was somewhat different than Islams he lived with in England. He says it's kinda' like protestant churches in USA have differences....all believe in a God, but have different rituals, phrases, hymnals, study guides, etc.

He also read to me from his Koran that says Allah says that killing innocents is a transgression, and further a verse that says transgressors are transgressors against Allah, and that those transgressors shall not have attendants at their funeral, and will burn in hell forever.
...course he was reading the Arabic and translating as he read. He's most adamant that the hijackers will have eternal hell of the worst imaginable.
He also said that back home there were more flavors of Islam than Baskin Robbins. Now he's having second thoughts about converting to L.D.S. because he sees their "fractionalism".
Poor kid, he and his wife just want to stay here and be Americans. They both want to be pacifists forever and to raise their children to value life and peace. Nice couple.
This morning he shaved, a lot, and we took them out to buy blue jeans and boots.
He and his wife are absolutely scared sleepless.
Sure hope I didn't hit the button twice, if I did I apologize.

17 posted on 09/16/2001 8:49:50 PM PDT by KirklandJunction
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

No offense TheDon, but your description matches what the 9-11 terrorists' neighbors said about their muslim acquiantances. Just for the rest of us, please make sure they're not adicted to flight simulator computer games or anything like that. I get your point though. This has been a great thread, thanks folks.
18 posted on 09/16/2001 8:53:41 PM PDT by hoyaloya
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 15 | View Replies]

http://www.islam.com/requests.asp

your wish is my command!!!!

19 posted on 09/16/2001 8:55:11 PM PDT by studiotechno dot com
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 15 | View Replies]

To: sinkspur, undergroundwarrior
Part of our war against radical Islam should be to begin seeding these countries with friendly "imams" who will begin preaching a version of Islam more amenable to the West.

Islam has no papal equivalent; it is a fractious religion. We should be exploiting this weakness.

20 posted on 09/16/2001 8:56:39 PM PDT by cicero's_son
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-37 next last

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson