Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

Cheney looms large behind scenes
Newsweek ^ | 9/24/2001 | Jim Vandehei and Greg Hitt

Posted on 09/17/2001 5:25:22 PM PDT by Utah Girl

Edited on 09/03/2002 4:49:19 AM PDT by Jim Robinson. [history]

Moments after an airliner crashed into the Pentagon Tuesday morning, Vice President Dick Cheney telephoned President Bush from the secure Emergency Operations Center deep beneath the White House. Mr. Cheney urged Mr. Bush

(Excerpt) Read more at msnbc.com ...

TOPICS: News/Current Events
KEYWORDS:
VP Cheney was awesome on Meet the Press with Tim Russert yesterday. We are very privileged to have him as the Vice President.
1 posted on 09/17/2001 5:25:22 PM PDT by Utah Girl
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: Utah Girl
Even when Newsweek is trying to be complimentary towards the Bush Administration, they find a way to insult our President.

Newsweek is the Weekly World News of the major press!

Not to mention the fact that they spew leftist tripe on a continual basis. F*cking commies. I'd like to meet this "reporter" face-to-face.

2 posted on 09/17/2001 5:29:13 PM PDT by SunStar
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: SunStar
The Weekly World News occassionally runs a truthful story.
3 posted on 09/17/2001 5:31:17 PM PDT by Mr. Lucky
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

He has a very calming effect when he speaks. It's like having your dad as the VP.
4 posted on 09/17/2001 5:34:11 PM PDT by looney tune
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: SunStar
I was of two minds when I read this article. I don't know if the press is going back into its "Cheney is the force behind the throne" mode or not. He has strengths that President Bush has, and President Bush has strengths that Dick Cheney does not. They make a great team. One thing that Cheney said on MTP yesterday was that he had studied and influenced the suggestions on the succession of the Presidency. He said the decisions made on Tuesday weren't so that George W Bush or Dick Cheney would be safe, they were made to ensure that the American government would continue to operate.
5 posted on 09/17/2001 5:36:33 PM PDT by Utah Girl
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

To: looney tune
Yes!!! My dad is short and bald with a deep voice. Cheney is like having my dad for VP. Cheney is just such a no-nonsense type of guy, and he doesn't put up with any guff from anyone. It is great.
6 posted on 09/17/2001 5:38:40 PM PDT by Utah Girl
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

Try and imagine Lieberman whining about not being able to act because of his hands being tied by the Republican "extremists". We've got the real deal in Cheney who I really consider to be the hero of Desert Storm.

W1!

7 posted on 09/17/2001 5:49:31 PM PDT by Thebaddog
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

To: Thebaddog
Uck, Lieberman as VP? What a nightmare! And after seeing Gore at the memorial service on Friday, ick, I'm glad that bearded tree isn't our president.
8 posted on 09/17/2001 5:52:55 PM PDT by Utah Girl
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

THANK GOD!
9 posted on 09/17/2001 6:25:42 PM PDT by abigail2
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 8 | View Replies]

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson