Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

Famous Quote by Bush...Spoken like a True Texan
http://msnbc.com/news/629589.asp?cp1=1#BODY ^ | 09/17/01 | Newsweek/MSNBC

Posted on 09/17/2001 8:26:08 PM PDT by sonserae

"When I take action," he said, "I'm not going to fire a $2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt. It's going to be decisive."

For complete article, click here :

TOPICS: News/Current Events
KEYWORDS:
Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-26 next last
Man, I love that guy!!!
He just tells it like it is!
1 posted on 09/17/2001 8:26:08 PM PDT by sonserae
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

Comment #2 Removed by Moderator

To: sonserae
I'm not going to fire a $2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt.

Funny thing was, Bush was essentially saying *he* wasn't going to do exactly what Clinton did do with his Monica wag-the-dog fake attacks. Thank goodness Clinton has nothing better to do now than try to figure out a way to get himself on television to feed his publicity "habit." I'll take Bush any ol' day.

3 posted on 09/17/2001 8:44:17 PM PDT by Exigence
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

That's Bush. I saw that side of him in a CSPAN interview with him as the campaign was just taking off. I saw about 30 minutes of him and I believe Brian Lamb. That's all it took for me. I'm from Texas. I was born and raised there. I know his breed. No phoney baloney. Just real stuff.
4 posted on 09/17/2001 8:45:52 PM PDT by plain talk

Its so nice to have adults in the White House.
5 posted on 09/17/2001 8:50:02 PM PDT by knews_hound

To: plain talk
I'm from Texas. I was born and raised there. I know his breed. No phoney baloney. Just real stuff.

I'm from north-central Oklahoma, grew up in an oil-town that's about a copy of Midland.
You nailed Dubya ONE-HUNERT' PERCENT.
That's why I voted for him...and am glad I did.
6 posted on 09/17/2001 8:53:57 PM PDT by VOA
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

I have been watching TV all evening and haven't heard any of the media use this quote. I wonder why? The President's percentage points would probably increase by 10.
7 posted on 09/17/2001 8:56:18 PM PDT by LoveMyRC

To: knews_hound
Its so nice to have adults in the White House.

Not just adults, heck!
A new sheriff (Dubya) and good deputies (Cheney, Rumsfeld, Powell, Ashcroft,
the bereaved Ted Olson...etc., etc.)

Even out here in Los Angeles, one of the liberal talk show hosts on KABC radio and
liberal callers are openly saying that they feel better about having Dubya and Powell on the
watch now than they would have with a "President Gore" and what other spineless
weasels he would have appointed.

(Of course, the fact that a lot of West Coast liberals are "bi-coastal" and have
friends, relatives and work assoicates who were near "ground zero" has actually
opened their eyes a bit!)
8 posted on 09/17/2001 8:58:22 PM PDT by VOA
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

Roll on President Bush we are with you.
9 posted on 09/17/2001 9:03:26 PM PDT by Pete53

To: VOA
Of course, the fact that a lot of West Coast liberals are "bi-coastal" and have friends, relatives and work assoicates who were near "ground zero" has actually opened their eyes a bit!)

I agree. Liberalism is a luxury afforded to wealthy and comfortable nations that can withstand its degradations. When the $#!t hits the fan and freedom is challenged, only the densest losers hold on to their leftist ideals. It's kind like the old joke: Definition of a libertarian is a liberal that has been mugged.

10 posted on 09/17/2001 9:15:00 PM PDT by EricT.
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 8 | View Replies]

I became a Bushie after reading a Maureen Down column on Nov. 11, 1997. She was writing about the dedication of the Bush Presidential Library at Texas A&M.

"Stepping up to the microphone with his mother and father, Bill and Hillary and all the other White House decourously arranged behind him, George W. Bush praised his father as '...a man who entered the political arena and left with his integrity intact.'
As xlinton looked intently down at his speech, [then]Gov. Bush went on, 'George Bush,' his eldest son said, 'was a war hero, loving husband...and a president who brought dignity and character and honor to the White House.'"

You know Dubya was as disgusted with #42 as any Freeper.

11 posted on 09/17/2001 9:58:53 PM PDT by Brasil

TIME FOR SOME REAL AMERICANS TO EXECUTE THE DEAD OR ALIVE PART OF PRESIDENT BUSH PLAN.

FIVE THOUSAND LOST THEIR LIVES FOR THE WANT OF TWO THOUSAND ONE HUNDRED EIGHTY DOLLARS.

Israel Airlines bolts the Cockpit door and all Pilots and copilots carry Firearms.

New Release

Ponder for a moment.

We trust a pilot with a 30 million-dollar plane knowledgeable of complex airplane functions, but government policy will not allow them to operate a simple firearm.

I’LL FLY AGAIN WHEN PILOTS ARE ARMED.

Israel Airlines bolts the Cockpit door and all Pilots and copilots carry Firearms.

Scanning the websites this week the following thread from Pilots, Law Enforcement, and American Citizens discuss ways to take positive action against air terrorism.

We trust a fancy security question (Thanks to Jim Kallstom, former FBI, did you pack your bags?) but not millions of active and retired law enforcement officers to Citizen Carry on an airplane.

May I rant for a second! Get these liberal, antigun activists out of our government decision making process. Consider, Israel Airlines policy is to bolt the door, arms it pilots, and has armed travelers in the cabin.

We allow lowly-paid gate-guards to gate dis-arm us, creating a "killing zone of disarmed citizens", as passingers "do battle" in the sky with terrorists, using passion for weapons because misguided government policy has left us defenseless.

The government can not protect you when the terrorist is eyeball to eyeball with you. Now they have ban my pocketknife used to clean my nails. What next, bottles, because they can be smashed for a weapon??

Most all of the former military pilots strapped firearms to their legs when on active duty. Today they are considered not capable, wear the wrong uniform, or untrust worthy.

This BS about putting a 9mm hole in the skin of an airplane will bring it down is more rhetoric and fiction than fact. Just ask the thousand of airmen who returned from flights over Germany in WWII. How about the 747 over Hawaii with a 20-foot hole in the side. Still got a problem with possible decompression? Consider the alternative!

I’ll trust anyday my life to any active or retired law enforcement officer to CITIZEN CARRY on any airline.

I’ll trust anyday my life to any pilot or copilot active or retired to carry on any airline.

I’ll trust any American citizen willing to CITIZEN CARRY after extensive training to carry on any airline. It is a huge responsibility, however, the current "Killing Zones" set up by faulty thinking is killing our husbands, wives, children, and our nation.

I am sure thousands perhaps millions of American’s would trust their life to armed pilots, copilots, air crew members, retired, policemen, FBI, CIA, ATF, or American Citizens willing to train, quality, and stay current with cabin safety issues keeping America airlines safe.

I personally trust all of the above personnel, rather than phony security questions, low-pay air guards, unlocked backdoor food and cleaning functions or gates at airports, or government officials with big titles.

WHO DO YOU TRUST THE GOVERNMENT? OR DO YOU TRUST HONEST AMERICAN CITIZENS WHO LIVE AND BREATH FAMILY SAFETY WHEN TRAVELING?

What do you want in your cockpit, a pilot and copilot with a firearm, or a terrorist? 2,180 dollars (four colt pistols)would have prevented all four terrorist acts and saved five thousand lives.

Government will spend billions of dollars with highly visible, and breach-able security that irritates American citizens during check-in when other more effective obvious solutions exist. Just ask Israel.

Thousands of American veterans, retired LEO's and American Citzens want to sign up today to fight terrorism. Don't tell them they are unqualified. If you do tell them they are unqualifed, they may have a word or two for you.

Visit keepandbeararms.com to carry the fight.

Paul Williams

KEEPANDBEARARMS

WWW.KEEPANDBEARARMS.COM

Advising Director

end Five thousand American Citizens lost their life for the want of two thousand one hundred eight dollars.

(I will fly again when Pilots are armed)

http://www.freerepublic.com/forum/a3ba6ac034145.htm

end ------ Let us hear from the active and retired Law enforcement, pilots, and concerned American citizens.

12 posted on 09/17/2001 10:52:31 PM PDT by CHICAGOFARMER (lawjj2@allways.net)

To: plain talk
I loved when he said we were going to whip 'em. The snobs and liberals don't think he's eloquent but them's words I can understand and cheer.
13 posted on 09/17/2001 11:27:50 PM PDT by tiki
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

True Texans don't say "butt," they say "ass'" so I know he did...

Give 'em hell, George...

14 posted on 09/17/2001 11:33:33 PM PDT by unamused

To: tiki
I like your words too.
15 posted on 09/17/2001 11:37:16 PM PDT by maranatha
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 13 | View Replies]

To: sonserae Gracey Billie Oneidam MissMarple Hillary's Lovely Legs Saundra Duffy Hugh Akston Alameda
Y'all will love this one!
16 posted on 09/17/2001 11:39:33 PM PDT by Cool Guy

To: CHICAGOFARMER
"I’LL FLY AGAIN WHEN PILOTS ARE ARMED. "

We have a dear family friend who is a United pilot, a darned good shot too. I won't fly again until every U.S. pilot is given firearms and special training in how to take out terrorists. Amtrak ain't that bad...especially if you get a sleeper car...best sleep I ever had!

17 posted on 09/17/2001 11:41:51 PM PDT by LeeMcCoy
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 12 | View Replies]

Spoken like a True Texan

BARF ALERT!

18 posted on 09/17/2001 11:53:35 PM PDT by lewislynn

To: tiki
Yeah that was great. How about the reference to "Wanted: Dead or Alive"? I only wish he had his cowboy hat on when he said it.
19 posted on 09/18/2001 6:25:11 AM PDT by plain talk
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 13 | View Replies]

To: VOA
I was talking to an oh-so-sophisticated NYer about George W. Bush. This person had been giving him quite a lot of grief for being inarticulate. Now she allows that he is not inarticulate, but he speaks like somebody from Middle America, and it is just the people in the coastal cities who can't understand him. I told her we would increase her vocabularity yet!
20 posted on 09/18/2001 6:59:15 AM PDT by gridlock
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 8 | View Replies]

Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-26 next last

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson