Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

ARE THERE ANY MILITARY RECRUITERS ON FR? PLS READ
VANITY | japaneseghost

Posted on 09/18/2001 7:27:28 AM PDT by japaneseghost

Are there any military recruiters on FR?

Particularly Marine Corps and Army? Are you willing to put down peoples' ages by 10 years? This is a different world than 30 years ago. We work out. We are in much better physical shape than our parents were.

I think if someone is willing to die for their country, it shouldn't matter how old they are, whether they are male, female.

WE NEED TO KNOW what SKILLS military recruiters are looking for.

I do remember that in the Marine Corps, if you lied on your paperwork and you got through basic, they couldn't kick you out.

TOPICS: Activism/Chapters; Free Republic
KEYWORDS:
Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-29 next last

1 posted on 09/18/2001 7:27:28 AM PDT by japaneseghost
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: japaneseghost
I'm not Marines nor Army, I'm an ex recruiter from the Air Force still on active duty. I wouldn't exactly rule out the possibility of raising the age limits for enlisting in the Armed Forces but we have several avenues to hit before we get to that point. We have many still on inactive reserves not to mention activating the draft. We(Armed Forces) sincerely appreciate all the support and phone calls that recruiters have been receiving. These acts of support only re-emphasizes how strong our nation is and will continue to be the best nation in the world. Only thing we ask from the civilian side is total emotional support and for the politicians to allow us to complete our mission.
2 posted on 09/18/2001 7:34:45 AM PDT by Jericho35
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

I'll also add that way too old, out of shape, or even disabled can do desk jobs and the like. No need for basic training even.
3 posted on 09/18/2001 7:35:58 AM PDT by Salman

To: Jericho35
I'm an ex recruiter from the Air Force still on active duty

I have an appointment to start the paperwork process at 1:00 today to go back into the USAF Reserves. I made the cut-off by less than a month.

/john

4 posted on 09/18/2001 7:39:07 AM PDT by JRandomFreeper
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

What is the age cut off?
5 posted on 09/18/2001 7:39:33 AM PDT by Kayen

I will go back in, in a heartbeat, I just hope that if recalled I get to go back to an FMF unit ( I am a field corpsman by trade) and nothing would piss me off more than getting assigned to a clinic / hospital.
6 posted on 09/18/2001 7:41:08 AM PDT by SERE_DOC

To: kd5cts
John, Thanks for your enlistment. We will gladly accept any and all help available.
7 posted on 09/18/2001 7:45:15 AM PDT by Jericho35
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

At the least, they should raise the age ceiling on the reserves and national guard.
8 posted on 09/18/2001 7:45:16 AM PDT by Zviadist

To: Salman; jericho35
I second that. There's a whole lot that civilians can do to help. Especially with intel. It's obvious that the Secret Service profilers screwed up immensely - they got a call from an Iranian being deported from Germany and thought he was just another crazy.

How lucid can someone be if they hear the WTC is going to get blown up, and this person insists on calling the White House?

When are the SS and Army profilers going to wake up?

9 posted on 09/18/2001 7:46:40 AM PDT by japaneseghost
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

To: Kayen
I'm not positive on the age cut-offs. It's been many years since I recruited. I believe the reserves were 35 and active duty was 32. John from post #4 should know the reserve cut-off.
10 posted on 09/18/2001 7:47:14 AM PDT by Jericho35
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

To: Kayen
I looked into re-enlisting the cutoff is 44. A former member of the armed services can apply for a waiver. You mentioned that one could be a desk jockey or a cook well in the Corps all Marines are trained to be an infantryman first so we all have to go through basic training. First and foremost all Marines are grunts. 0311. Taken from a former Marine all Marines whether active, reserve, inactive or retired are Marine Recruiters. Semper Fidelis, Mike
11 posted on 09/18/2001 7:47:48 AM PDT by HEFFERNAN2
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

To: Zviadist
I agree with you! There are numerous jobs out there that can be manned by "other" personnel that doesn't require strenous activities. I have a feeling that since this war will last several years, that we will actually see that happen.
12 posted on 09/18/2001 7:49:42 AM PDT by Jericho35
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 8 | View Replies]

To: HEFFERNAN2
If anyone would like to help check out the U.S.O. website www.uso.org there are many troops overseas who do not receive mail. There is a need for people to write to the troops and/or send "care" packages. There is nothing lonlier than to be in combat and during mail call not receive any mail. Semper Fi, Mike
13 posted on 09/18/2001 7:59:18 AM PDT by HEFFERNAN2
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 11 | View Replies]

Thank you very much for your suggestion. I am currently overseas only to fly out tonight for an unknown destination. Thanks for all the support and I'll catch back up on the free republic when I get back!
14 posted on 09/18/2001 8:06:17 AM PDT by Jericho35
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 13 | View Replies]

**If anyone would like to help check out the U.S.O. website www.uso.org there are many troops overseas who do not receive mail. There is a need for people to write to the troops and/or send "care" packages. There is nothing lonlier than to be in combat and during mail call not receive any mail. Semper Fi, Mike**

Exactly! The homeschool support group I lead boasts 29 families...about a million kids. We're beginning a campaign to send letters, drawn pictures, and little gifts to our military folks.

My daughter and I have also begun to visit local recruiter offices...to encourage them and bring goodies. The Navy office we visited last week mentioned that *no one* has ever done that. I'm spreading the word. The recruiters may not be on the front lines (same for desk military) but they're the ones that do the recruiting *for* the front lines!

Let's get out there and do our part...wherever that may be!!!

15 posted on 09/18/2001 8:08:56 AM PDT by homeschool mama

And thank you for your service. I have a very warm place in my heart for the Air Force. We "Jarheads" may kid you Fly Boys but we all know that had it not been for air support us ground pounders would not be here today. Just remember that we all support you. And like my mother use to say I love you and God loves you. And until you all return this jarhead is walking my post here, keeping the home fires burning and "I've got your back". Semper Fi, Mike
16 posted on 09/18/2001 8:15:43 AM PDT by HEFFERNAN2
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 14 | View Replies]

To: SERE_DOC
nothing would piss me off more than getting assigned to a clinic / hospital.

Wherever you go, do your duty, and do it with honor. You will go where you are needed the most.

I am in the process of completing the lengthy application kit for Navy OCS. Something I never seriously comtemplated before 9/11/01 - I'm prior service as well.

17 posted on 09/18/2001 8:16:51 AM PDT by NorCoGOP
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

THAT'S WHAT I CAN DO!!! Thanks! I never would have thought of it. I have just felt so helpless and powerless, struggling to figure out where I can fit into this whole dangerous time, what I can do to help.

I'm not the only one who wouldn't have thought of it, either. Why don't you post your suggestion as a separate thread?

18 posted on 09/18/2001 8:27:13 AM PDT by walden

To: SERE_DOC
Thank you for your service, Doc. And please, please do not discount the service of medical staff in the rear. I do not need to remind you that not only the Corpsmen whom we Marines consider fellow Marines as well as the Naval medical staff in the hospitals were responsible for keeping me and many others alive to fight another day. Semper Fi, Mike
19 posted on 09/18/2001 8:33:58 AM PDT by HEFFERNAN2
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

To: NorCoGOP
"Wherever you go, do your duty, and do it with honor. You will go where you are needed the most."

Thanks for pointing out the obvious, < /sarcasm >

having retired from the Navy 5 years ago I think that I know I will be sent where I am needed and I don't think that I need advice from you on how to serve the country (been there done that).

20 posted on 09/18/2001 8:36:45 AM PDT by SERE_DOC
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 17 | View Replies]

Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-29 next last

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson