Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

James Woods' flight from Boston to LAX one week ago
NY Post, Page Six ^ | 9/18/01 | Cindy Adams

Posted on 09/18/2001 9:16:20 AM PDT by slowry

MOVIE STAR James Woods met with the FBI this week on the events that happened last week. It was a real-life scenario. It was chilling.

Jimmy is devoted to his mom, whom fans will recall was his date at the Oscars. She lives in Boston. He lives in Los Angeles. He sees her often. He thus makes the Logan-LAX run regularly.

Exactly one week before Terrorist Tuesday, Jimmy made the identical flight from Boston's Logan Airport to L.A.

He related this episode to two friends of mine Sunday. Both repeated it to me almost verbatim. As we go to press I have been unable to reach James Woods, whom I know. I therefore repeat this story using his words as they were told to me.

James Woods sat in first class. The section was empty except for four other passengers. All male. All Middle Eastern.

He was acutely aware of them because of what he termed their "bizarre" behavior. On this entire flight which crosses the whole country not once did one of them partake ...

click to read the rest

TOPICS: Miscellaneous
KEYWORDS:
Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-37 next last
It's just a gossip column ... with 2nd hand information.
1 posted on 09/18/2001 9:16:20 AM PDT by slowry
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: slowry
It was interesting, though. Thanks for posting it.
2 posted on 09/18/2001 9:20:31 AM PDT by truthkeeper
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

...these men had made a dry run exactly the week before.

Chilling read.

3 posted on 09/18/2001 9:22:04 AM PDT by NYS_Eric

Gossip column with second hand news? Kinda sounds like any of the tripe they feed us on the news.
4 posted on 09/18/2001 9:23:52 AM PDT by steve50

Interesting. Makes you wonder what made these guys not carry out the plan. Was it cold feet? Was it something on that plane that dissuaded them? Of course, I'm assuming they were terrorists.
5 posted on 09/18/2001 9:33:35 AM PDT by Azzurri

This is part of the "how they did it." Not to be dismissed. Unfortunately, no one was interested in James Woods' observations until it was too late. That will not happen again if the FBI does the job it's supposed to.
6 posted on 09/18/2001 9:38:07 AM PDT by The Westerner

An actor reads body language. An actor is trained to see into someone. To silently probe their psyche. An actor's laserlike slice into the heart of a foreign situation or human being is what enables him to don the mantle and play that other person. An actor's insight into behavior and manner can be as telling as a photograph.

Actors can bend steel with their minds. An actor can lift over ten times his own weight and toss it miles away. An actor can breath pure xenon and only grow stronger.

It was an interesting article, but Cindy’s 114-year career as a breathless celebrity worshipper has warped her mind to an embarrassing degree.

7 posted on 09/18/2001 9:40:19 AM PDT by dead

To: dead
I agree completely.
8 posted on 09/18/2001 9:42:43 AM PDT by slowry
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

A bump for James Woods, who is not a Hollywood Leftie.. I dont know if he would qualify as a conservative, but I think he was quoted as saying that Barbara Streisand should leave the country if she has such a problem with it. Probably more of a libertarian (small-l).. but still, he is someone who spits on the hollywood left.
9 posted on 09/18/2001 9:44:12 AM PDT by Paradox

Actors can bend steel with their minds. An actor can lift over ten times his own weight and toss it miles away. An actor can breath pure xenon and only grow stronger. It was an interesting article, but Cindy’s 114-year career as a breathless celebrity worshipper has warped her mind to an embarrassing degree.

Stop it. I can't breathe. LOL

10 posted on 09/18/2001 9:45:45 AM PDT by Petronski

To: Paradox
James Woods spoke out publicly on the personal behavior of Bill Clinton and Monica Lewinski. He found Clinton to be extremely offensive.
11 posted on 09/18/2001 9:56:06 AM PDT by TommyDale
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 9 | View Replies]

Bravo! You're exactly right on the mark.
12 posted on 09/18/2001 9:56:54 AM PDT by goodieD

To: All
Can somebody please tell me how to add bookmarks to my FR page? Obviously a problem beyond my abilities. Thanks. I tried e-mailing the management a few weeks ago, but I guess they're pretty busy.
13 posted on 09/18/2001 9:59:09 AM PDT by slowry (duh!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 10 | View Replies]

To: dead, Petronski
Your post reminded me of the following:

3A. IN ORDER FOR THE ADMISSIONS STAFF OF OUR COLLEGE TO GET TO KNOW YOU, THE APPLICANT, BETTER, WE ASK THAT YOU ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTION:
ARE THERE ANY SIGNIFICANT EXPERIENCES YOU HAVE HAD, OR ACCOMPLISHMENTS YOU HAVE REALIZED, THAT HAVE HELPED TO DEFINE YOU AS A PERSON?

I am a dynamic figure, often seen scaling walls and crushing ice.
I have been known to remodel train stations on my lunch breaks, making them more efficient in the area of heat retention.
I translate ethnic slurs for Cuban refugees, I write award-winning operas, I manage time efficiently.

Occasionally, I tread water for three days in a row.

I woo women with my sensuous and godlike trombone playing, I can pilot bicycles up severe inclines with unflagging speed, and I cook Thirty-Minute Brownies in twenty minutes.
I am an expert in stucco, a veteran in love, and an outlaw in Peru.

Using only a hoe and a large glass of water, I once single-handedly defended a small village in the Amazon Basin from a horde of ferocious army ants.
I play bluegrass cello, I was scouted by the Mets, I am the subject of numerous documentaries.
When I'm bored, I build large suspension bridges in my yard.
I enjoy urban hang gliding. On Wednesdays, after school, I repair electrical appliances free of charge.

I am an abstract artist, a concrete analyst, and a ruthless bookie.
Critics worldwide swoon over my original line of corduroy evening wear. I don't perspire. I am a private citizen, yet I receive fan mail.
I have been caller number nine and have won the weekend passes.
Last summer I toured New Jersey with a traveling centrifugal-force demonstration.
I bat 400.

My deft floral arrangements have earned me fame in international botany circles.
Children trust me.

I can hurl tennis rackets at small moving objects with deadly accuracy.
I once read Paradise Lost, Moby Dick, and David Copperfield in one day and still had time to refurbish an entire dining room that evening.
I know the exact location of every food item in the supermarket.
I have performed several covert operations with the CIA.
I sleep once a week; when I do sleep, I sleep in a chair.
While on vacation in Canada, I successfully negotiated with a group of terrorists who had seized a small bakery.
The laws of physics do not apply to me.

I balance, I weave, I dodge, I frolic, and my bills are all paid.
On weekends, to let off steam, I participate in full-contact origami.
Years ago I discovered the meaning of life but forgot to write it down.
I have made extraordinary four course meals using only a mouli and a toaster oven.

I breed prizewinning clams. I have won bullfights in San Juan, cliff-diving competitions in Sri Lanka, and spelling bees at the Kremlin.

I have played Hamlet, I have performed open-heart surgery, and I have spoken with Elvis.

But I have not yet gone to college.

14 posted on 09/18/2001 10:03:43 AM PDT by Constitution Day
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 10 | View Replies]

This is a helpful story...putting more pieces into the timeline. H*ll yes, it was a dry run. Thanks.
15 posted on 09/18/2001 10:09:47 AM PDT by GalvestonGal.com

Woods is an MIT graduate and a conservative, pretty sharp for an actor. If he said it, it's true.
16 posted on 09/18/2001 10:32:36 AM PDT by John Jamieson (MIT67)

She doesn't look a day over 105. :)
17 posted on 09/18/2001 10:33:37 AM PDT by Oschisms

Can somebody please tell me how to add bookmarks to my FR page?

Open the thread you’d like to bookmark, and click Add Bookmark at the top of the screen.

Now that wasn’t so hard, was it? 8-)

18 posted on 09/18/2001 10:42:10 AM PDT by dead
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 13 | View Replies]

At the top and bottom of every thread is a "Add BookMark" link. Click it and you will be taken to a page which adds that thread to your personal list of bookmarks contained on your FR home page. You can also edit, on that entry page, the title that will appear on your home page. This home page, for your screen name, is then viewed, along with your bookmarks, when someone goes there. Click anyones screen name and see their bookmarked articles, if any, to get some impression of what they wish to convey to others what they think is worth refering to later.
19 posted on 09/18/2001 10:42:30 AM PDT by KC Burke
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 13 | View Replies]

To: Constitution Day
ROFL............outstanding.

"I can play the piano but not be popular. I can fart "O Canada". I juggle 4 running chainsaws, 20" bar. I climbed Everest but found it boring. Popes seek my audience, and I blend a great scotch; not too "smoky". My clothes must be custom tailored to accomodate my Adonis-like frame, but I enjoy kittens."

20 posted on 09/18/2001 10:44:27 AM PDT by RightOnline
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 14 | View Replies]

Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-37 next last

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson