Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

Brotherhood of U-2 Pilots - USAF
Jerome P. Lavely, Major USAF

Posted on 09/18/2001 10:39:39 AM PDT by Aevery_Freeman

Subject: Brotherhood

Those of us in the military have a unique opportunity to payback those bastards for what they did. I wrote this on behalf of our squadron to let the firefighters, police and, most importantly, the wives and kids of those lost, that we take it personally and will not let them down. We are sending a hard copy through to the Firefighters Union to get to New York. I know all of you feel as strongly as I do - pass it on so word gets through.

Jerome P. Lavely, Major USAF

------------------------------------------------------------

To the NYC Fire and Rescue of Sept 11 and their families,

We are the Brotherhood of U-2 pilots, United States Air Force. Like you, we share a bond of trust and courage, born of danger. We have seen the heroism of your actions at the point of the enemy's attack. We have seen your lives ripped apart. We have seen your pain and anger. They are now ours.

We have also seen you come together to face the enemy, and so shall we.

As you return from the rubble, covered with ash, you ask for someone to find the evil responsible for this horror. You ask for justice. You ask for payback. You have thus tasked us - and we will deliver.

We will search and locate and target this evil. This is what we do. And, as we reach down and touch the face of this evil, it will cease to exist, so that it can no longer hurt again. On behalf of all those who serve, we promise you that.

You have fought the first battle, shielding others from destruction and death. Your shield, of courage, commitment, and the unity of your brotherhood cannot be destroyed. It is the shield of all that is good. We will now pick up that shield, carry it forward, and take it with us in the days to come. We are honored to do so. We will wear it when we fly, and its strength shall grow.

In the days ahead we will have you with us, and the spirit of your brotherhood shall live on in ours. And, as they are hunted, living in fear, these evil men will understand the power and fury that this bond has forged. And when they die, as they must, so they cannot visit this violence again, they will know from where it came.

Brotherhood of U-2 Pilots - USAF

TOPICS: Editorial; News/Current Events
KEYWORDS:
I found this inspiring and hope you find it so as well.
1 posted on 09/18/2001 10:39:39 AM PDT by Aevery_Freeman (LeFew@aol.com)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: Aevery_Freeman
The Recce Pilot's motto is "Alone, Unarmed, and Unafraid."

They're quite a bunch.

2 posted on 09/18/2001 10:50:46 AM PDT by mbynack
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

Bold off
3 posted on 09/18/2001 10:52:07 AM PDT by mbynack

As many of you know, I help with the FreeRepublic fundraisers. It is not always easy or fun sitting at a computer for hours and hours monitoring those threads. Everyone who work the threads VOLUNTEERS to do so. We spend days and weeks helping to keep FreeRepublic running.

Ask yourself these questions:

Where is the first place I go to get my news?
Am I getting any benefit from FreeRepublic?
Am I learning from FreeRepublic?

FreeRepublic is not free. It costs Jim Robinson tens of thousands of dollars to keep this forum running. There are over 60,000 registered users on FreeRepublic and only 1,000 help keep this forum running. Those who do not have the ability to donate money could help by bumping the threads once in a while. Those who who do should be ashamed of yourselves. You are a FReeploader.

Go ahead, flame me. I don't care. I contribute to FreeRepublic, and I for one do not want to see this forum dead.

If everyone who registered donated one measly dollar a month, we would never have to have a fundraiser again.

FreeRepublic Fundraiser --WE WILL STAND UNITED!!!-- We NEED YOUR HELP AND PATRIOTIC POSTS! Thread 68

Donate Here by Secure Server

Or Mail your check to:

FreeRepublic , LLC
PO BOX 9771
FRESNO, CA 93794

To donate By Paypal:

Send PayPal direct to JimRob@psnw.com

4 posted on 09/18/2001 10:56:36 AM PDT by WIMom

To: WIMom
Thank you for taking the opportunity of my very first post to humiliate me. I'm sure this is a very valuable technique for advancing the cause. Rest assured, I shall NEVER expose myself to ridicule at your hands again, I was just responding to my sense of patriotism. Freegards
5 posted on 09/18/2001 11:11:43 AM PDT by Aevery_Freeman
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

Don't take it personally. She is posting her message on all threads.

This was a great message. Thank you.

6 posted on 09/18/2001 11:38:04 AM PDT by JudyB1938
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

To: mbynack

My dear brother and sister FReepers,

At this, of all times in my lifetime, I would like nothing more than to be able to read these threads and reply to them.  I have much I would like to say.

BUT, I cannot!

Why?

Because I am trying hard to raise the finances needed to keep FreeRepublic up and running so that we can continue to share valuable information and respond to it.

I beg you, if you have not yet donated to FreeRepublic this quarter,  do so now!

I realize you are giving to lots of Relief efforts and I encourage you to do so.  But we need to help FR too.  Where would we be right now without it?

If you have no money, please come and bump the Fundraiser Thread.

I would really like to reach our goal quickly so that I and the rest of the dedicated FReepers who are working the Fundraiser Threads can participate in what is undeniably the most important time in FreeRepublic's history.

FreeRepublic Fundraiser --WE WILL STAND UNITED!!!-- We NEED YOUR HELP AND PATRIOTIC POSTS! <--click here

Support FreeRepublic! Support the U.S.A. <--click here

7 posted on 09/18/2001 12:25:47 PM PDT by 2ndMostConservativeBrdMember
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson