Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

Comparisons of County and Precinct Voting for Pennsylvania (POTUS 2000)
FEC ^ | 9-18-01 | Me

Posted on 09/18/2001 1:23:55 PM PDT by GraniteStateConservative

I ran across these two maps of Pennsylvania's 2000 Presidential voting. The guy who did the precinct map figures that when he's done mapping out the U.S., "Gore" precincts will look like specks of dust in a sea of "Bush Blue"-- an even more pitiful sight than the county voting map made famous by USA Today. Now, I'd buy a bumper sticker of that!

County Map

Precinct Map

TOPICS: News/Current Events; Politics/Elections
KEYWORDS:
Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-4041-45 next last

1 posted on 09/18/2001 1:23:55 PM PDT by GraniteStateConservative
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: GraniteStateConservative
I live in PA, voted Republican down the line---how did Gore win this state??????????
2 posted on 09/18/2001 1:25:29 PM PDT by Azrael
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: Azrael
Because the large, heavily populated, urban areas voted 110% for Gore (literally)! Here in Oregon, he won in the Portland area by 133,000 votes and lost the rest of the state by about 110,000 votes. With the job that Bush is doing, that ought to translate into a lot more minority votes in 2004 and a reversal of this trend.
3 posted on 09/18/2001 1:29:42 PM PDT by BruceS
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

Gore won in Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, and Erie it does appear. The rest of PA has more sense.
4 posted on 09/18/2001 1:30:31 PM PDT by poopsie2

Widespread Vote Fraud!
5 posted on 09/18/2001 1:31:22 PM PDT by STD

I am proud to be a member of a Bush county.
6 posted on 09/18/2001 1:31:57 PM PDT by pubmom

To: STD
Widespread Vote Fraud!

No, narrowly focused vote fraud!
7 posted on 09/18/2001 1:35:15 PM PDT by balrog666
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

Great grahpic -- is there a bigger version?
8 posted on 09/18/2001 1:37:06 PM PDT by bvw

I live in Allegheny County and my borough voted overwhelmingly Bush. Unfortunately those in the city were not so enlightened. Matter of fact I know of only 1 acquaintence who voted for Gore and she is a one issue voter.
9 posted on 09/18/2001 1:37:18 PM PDT by cjshapi

Very interesting. If you look at the Gore areas in the South Western quadrant, we see the effect of the depression-era Deomcrat vote. His vote was concentrated up and down the river valleys and through the old coal field areas of Green, Washington and Fayette counties. This is the old retired union workers who would vote for Hitler if he were on the Democrat ticket and wouldn't vote for a Republican if you put a gun to their heads. Demographically, Western PA has one of the oldest populations in the country, and those folks are dying off pretty quick. It's going to be increasingly tougher for the Democrats to win in the state as time goes on.
10 posted on 09/18/2001 1:37:55 PM PDT by Ditto

To: BruceS
Yes, and the timing of reporting is a dead give away.

In my homestate of Michigan, the dumbocRAT stronghold of Wayne County (home to millions of UAW sicko-phants), didn't report until majority of the other 82 counties were provisionally certified.

It is easire to determine how many votes one has to manufacture (pun intended) when you have a solid total to surpass.
11 posted on 09/18/2001 1:39:05 PM PDT by Cletus.D.Yokel
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

To: pubmom
I'm ashamed to admit my county was the ONLY one besides the three corners of PA that voted for Gore. I'm proud to admit I lost several patients after telling them that Christians cannot in good conscience vote for pro-abort democrats!
12 posted on 09/18/2001 1:39:53 PM PDT by Brian Kopp DPM
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

Comment #13 Removed by Moderator

The guy who did the precinct map figures that when he's done mapping out the U.S., "Gore" precincts will look like specks of dust in a sea of "Bush Blue"--

Can't wait to see the nationwide county results. I'll bet a lot of the "Gore counties" are home to the mass murders of the past year or so.

It would be interesting to compare the counties' voting results with the comments of that "guy with the big forehead" who said that murderousness is associated with the states that went for Bush.

14 posted on 09/18/2001 1:42:04 PM PDT by syriacus

To: LLAN-DDEUSANT
"Remember also that even though Gore won the state, Rick Santorum we re-elected as Senator. That's remarkable, and it shows that just because you are Republican, you don't have to automatically kiss of voters who otherwise would vote Dem. "

Or was it that they were so focussed on creating votes for Gore that they didn't realize a wide margin of difference favoring Republicans in the other races would cause many to question the validity of the Prez race?

I think the Dims really *are* that stupid.
15 posted on 09/18/2001 1:43:48 PM PDT by Cletus.D.Yokel
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 13 | View Replies]

To: bvw
A little poking around yielded this larger version: http://members.aol.com/scselby/pa2000.gif

-Snerdley

"Never start a fight, but by God, ALWAYS FINISH IT!"
-Cmdr Jeffery Sinclair
Commander Babylon 5

16 posted on 09/18/2001 1:44:39 PM PDT by Snerdley
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 8 | View Replies]

To: Ditto
This is the old retired union workers who would vote for Hitler if he were on the Democrat ticket and wouldn't vote for a Republican if you put a gun to their heads.

I can attest to this statement in Cambria county PA. One idiot last week said Bush was doing a terrible job, none of this would have happened if George H. had done the job right ten years ago, and Reagan was a traitor for selling arms to the contras. By the time I was done with him, I doubt he'll be a patient much longer either. (Its getting hard to practice here...)

17 posted on 09/18/2001 1:45:02 PM PDT by Brian Kopp DPM
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 10 | View Replies]

To: syriacus
Would be interested to see the results of comparison studies of the precincts that the known terrorists live (lived) in while in the US on work visas.
18 posted on 09/18/2001 1:46:08 PM PDT by Cletus.D.Yokel
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 14 | View Replies]

Don't you (or he) have the colors mixed up? On the USA Today county-by-county map, those won by President Bush were colored in red and the ones by Gore/Loserman were colored in blue. Am I wrong? This needs to be corrected before the entire country is mapped precinct-by-precinct...don't want anyone confusing the real truth about who won the election...President Bush, of course!
19 posted on 09/18/2001 1:51:42 PM PDT by nfldgirl

Don't you (or he) have the colors mixed up? On the USA Today county-by-county map, those won by President Bush were colored in red and the ones by Gore/Loserman were colored in blue. Am I wrong? This needs to be corrected before the entire country is mapped precinct-by-precinct...don't want anyone confusing the real truth about who won the election...President Bush, of course!
20 posted on 09/18/2001 1:52:57 PM PDT by nfldgirl

Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-4041-45 next last

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson