Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

Saudi Princes Leave Keeneland Horse Auction in Rush Prior to WTC Attack

Posted on 09/18/2001 1:52:27 PM PDT by Ky_Patriot

Family and other Arabs in attendance (which is not uncommon)left abruptly on Monday evening, September 10th, prior to the World Trade Center Attack. Rumors have circulated about their departure, after reflection, and questions are swirling about whether these Arabs had a heads-up on the coming attack. One of the attendees was a Saudi Prince and his entourage. Just a thought about how some actions appear so benign, but appear differently.

TOPICS: Foreign Affairs; News/Current Events
KEYWORDS:
Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-35 next last

1 posted on 09/18/2001 1:52:28 PM PDT by Ky_Patriot
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: Ky_Patriot
The State Dept issued a warning on the 10th of a possible terrorist attack on the 11th.
2 posted on 09/18/2001 1:56:50 PM PDT by AppyPappy
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

Source?
3 posted on 09/18/2001 1:58:36 PM PDT by Willie Green

Osama wants the Saud family dead. I don't think they're in cahoots on this. And, what's your source?
4 posted on 09/18/2001 2:01:10 PM PDT by Darth Reagan

My source is employees @ the racecourse
5 posted on 09/18/2001 2:43:51 PM PDT by Ky_Patriot

Naw, Rush lost all that weight. They couldn't 've been in Him. Not enough room anymore.
6 posted on 09/18/2001 2:47:03 PM PDT by xzins

About 8 years ago I had some business dealings with the royal familiy of Saudi. I never met them as I worked through their people but I can say that they love the United States and I would bet a lot of money they had nothing to do with this. They were very kind to me and I can only say good things about them. They are very pro USA as the USA sends over to Saudi a lot of military goods as well as domestic products.
7 posted on 09/18/2001 2:55:35 PM PDT by Lucky2

My dear brother and sister FReepers,

At this, of all times in my lifetime, I would like nothing more than to be able to read these threads and reply to them.  I have much I would like to say.

BUT, I cannot!

Why?

Because I am trying hard to raise the finances needed to keep FreeRepublic up and running so that we can continue to share valuable information and respond to it.

I beg you, if you have not yet donated to FreeRepublic this quarter,  do so now!

I realize you are giving to lots of Relief efforts and I encourage you to do so.  But we need to help FR too.  Where would we be right now without it?

If you have no money, please come and bump the Fundraiser Thread.

I would really like to reach our goal quickly so that I and the rest of the dedicated FReepers who are working the Fundraiser Threads can participate in what is undeniably the most important time in FreeRepublic's history.

WHERE WOULD YOU GET YOUR NEWS FROM IF FREEREPUBLIC WASN'T HERE? <--click here

Support FreeRepublic! Support the U.S.A. <--click here

8 posted on 09/18/2001 2:57:18 PM PDT by 2ndMostConservativeBrdMember

To: Ky_Patriot, AppyPappy
Where is the Keeneland horse auction? What warning from the State Dept.?

Forgive my ignorance, but I was out of the country during the attack and not privy to all of the news.

9 posted on 09/18/2001 3:01:44 PM PDT by afraidfortherepublic

http://www.latimes.com/sports/other/la-000073808sep13.column?coll=la-headlines-sports-other

"...At Keeneland in Lexington, Ky., the September horse auction resumed Wednesday after the sale was suspendedTuesday.

Another Arab, Prince Ahmed Salman of Saudi Arabia, said he had been advised to leave the sale, but stayed Wednesday and bought two horses for $1.2 million.

"America is home to me," Salman said. "I am a businessman. I have nothing to do with the other stuff. I feel as badly as any American and I am extremely astonished by [the terrorism]. We have had terrorism in Saudi Arabia and we know how painful it is, but I have great confidence in the American government and the American people."..."

I thought this was interesting.

10 posted on 09/18/2001 3:02:19 PM PDT by amom

To: Lucky2
You might find post 10 interesting.
11 posted on 09/18/2001 3:11:02 PM PDT by amom
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

amom's research into published articles seems to contradict your anecdotal account supplied by racecourse employees...please check into this further so we may be apprised of the real facts.
12 posted on 09/18/2001 3:18:29 PM PDT by KC Burke
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

Comment #13 Removed by Moderator

Comment #14 Removed by Moderator

To: amom
I'm from Lexington. The Saudis own many horse farms there and have poured millions into them. I was there 2 years ago and toured one of them - it was beautiful and very expensively built and maintained. They have huge investments in the U.S. thoroughbred industry. There may well be some Saudi nationals involved in the mass murders but I doubt that any of those involved in the horse business did. However, they are very security conscious and it is conceivable that their security people got a tip and they left to avoid any trouble or detention by US authorities.

On the other hand, there is a great deal of resentment of the Saudis in some circles in and around Lexington, and it would not surprise me to see some envious people start false rumors about them to taint their reputation.

15 posted on 09/18/2001 3:30:34 PM PDT by Dems_R_Losers
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 10 | View Replies]

Comment #16 Removed by Moderator

To: KC Burke
I don't recall what day airport operations were resumed here (Lexington, KY) last week but early morning (guessing 7 AM) a Saudi or UAE 747 took off headed east. We live within a mile of the airport and so are aware of many flights both inbound and outbound.

My guess is their security people wanted them out of the U.S. given the chance of further terrorist acts. Perhaps Saudis or UAE leaders were possible targets?

These good people buy many high-priced horses here and we are glad to have them active in our market. They also own several large horse farms in the area and are good neighbors.

17 posted on 09/18/2001 3:35:32 PM PDT by toddst
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 12 | View Replies]

Comment #18 Removed by Moderator

To: Samaritan
Thanks for that link. Very good to see. I hope more folks take make use of it.
19 posted on 09/18/2001 3:48:09 PM PDT by amom
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 14 | View Replies]

To: Dems_R_Losers
There may well be some Saudi nationals involved in the mass murders but I doubt that any of those involved in the horse business did.

Understand and agree.

20 posted on 09/18/2001 3:49:07 PM PDT by amom
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 15 | View Replies]

Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-35 next last

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson