Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

"Let's Roll" coffee mugs -- to benefit Beamer's family
"Let's Roll" Beamer benefit store ^ | Matt S

Posted on 09/19/2001 4:15:28 AM PDT by MattS

By now we all know the "let's roll" story -- one of the few uplifting things in this whole mess.

I created an online store to sell "Let's Roll" coffee mugs, proceeds to benefit the Beamer family. Please check out the link for all the details.

http://www.cafepress.com/letsroll/

Cheers,
Matt

TOPICS: Miscellaneous
KEYWORDS:

1 posted on 09/19/2001 4:15:28 AM PDT by MattS
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: MattS
MattS, I would like to be one of the first to order one of your "Let's Roll" mugs, but with so many scams going on...

Would you be willing to tell us a little more about yourself and 'cafepress', please?

It certainly is a worthy cause and I would like to support it.

2 posted on 09/19/2001 4:37:40 AM PDT by Budge
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

And does this have the blessing of the Beamer family? I'd hate to intrude on their grief . . . .
3 posted on 09/19/2001 4:47:31 AM PDT by WIladyconservative
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: WIladyconservative
I can certainly understand everyone's reluctance. I'm even new to FR, only started reading about a week before the attack.

CafePress is a clever web site... through them, you can offer stuff for sale at no cost to yourself -- like shirts with your company logo. They are reputable, and they have been around for a while. If you are really curious, sign up and create a store. It's free and it will let you see what they are like.

This idea doesn't have the official blessing of the Beamer family either, since I cooked it up at 3AM while I was reading FR forums. :) I will modify the store site to make that crystal clear. If there was a positive response I was going to try and contact the Beamers, probably by starting at the AP since they wrote the article.
4 posted on 09/19/2001 12:08:42 PM PDT by MattS
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

Looks like there have already been some orders! I have an email out to the original AP reporter, here's hoping she can/will help.

Actually, I just used the online white pages and I turned up the family's address. I will have CafePress cut the commission checks in Lisa Beamer's name. Excellent.
5 posted on 09/19/2001 12:50:02 PM PDT by MattS
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson