Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

Terrorism in Israel Continues Despite Cease-Fire
Israel National News & CNN | 9/19/01 | a7 & Quote from PLO via CNN

Posted on 09/19/2001 5:40:55 PM PDT by jonatron

A pipe bomb exploded next to an IDF position in Hevron on Wednesday night. There were no injuries.

Terrorist forces tonight threw 25 grenades at the IDF's Tarmit Outpost in southern Gaza near Rafiach. There were no injuries.

Two Injured in Oranit Bomb Attack

Two persons were injured a short time ago near the security fence of the Shomron community of Oranit, very close to the Green Line of the Gush Dan area.

There are now conflicting reports regarding the terrorist attack that took place. Most eyewitnesses report having heard an explosion, leading to the report of a bomb that was detonated against the Oranit security vehicle. Other reports indicate the security vehicle was attacked by terrorist gunfire. IDF officers and troops are investigating at this time.

At least two persons were injured, with one now being reported in moderate condition and the second moderate-to-light. They are being transported by ambulance to an emergency room.

The victims are the first persons wounded in terrorist attacks this year, following the Rosh Hashanah New Year holiday. Despite the latest PA-declared cease-fire, the grenade attacks continue tonight in southern Gaza, a pipe bomb was thrown in Hevron and now the latest attack, in the Shomron.

Officials at Beilinson Hospital in Petach Tikvah report the two victims of the bomb attack in the Shomron community of Oranit earlier in the night will be undergoing emergency surgery later tonight. One of the victims is listed in serious condition and the second light.

Ten grenades were thrown at soldiers in the Tarmit Outpost in southern Gaza a short time ago. There were no injuries. Earlier tonight, 25 grenades were thrown at the same outpost. There were no injuries.

Yassir Arafat also said the Palestinian Authority is ready to join an international coalition against terrorism and added:

"We, Palestinians and Israelis, have to work together to break the vicious cycle of violence.

Let us get together, let us sit down and negotiate peace, let us improve the lives of Israelis and Palestinians and move towards a just and lasting peace and cooperation."

TOPICS: Breaking News; Foreign Affairs; News/Current Events
KEYWORDS:
Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-4041-46 next last
I've collected some coverage of Terroist attacks on Israel today to document the violations of the cease-fire. The quote of Arafat is from CNN. The PLO is responsible for maintaining order and ending the Terrorism perpetrated by it's citizens.

Do post whatever additional violations you may find.

1 posted on 09/19/2001 5:40:55 PM PDT by jonatron
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: yehuda, benf, thinkin gal, lent, dennisw, illbay, veronica, nachum, neutrino, sawdring, johnhuang2
2 posted on 09/19/2001 5:42:14 PM PDT by jonatron
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: jonatron
SUPPORT THE U.S.A.!

SUPPORT PRESIDENT BUSH!

SUPPORT ISRAEL!

YOU ARE EITHER FOR US OR AGAINST US!

THEIR IS NO MIDDLE GROUND!

3 posted on 09/19/2001 5:46:01 PM PDT by marxwas a loser

Thanks for the flag. Lets hope Arafat can get control over the terrorism. If he can't and Israel decides to attack Palestinian positions the US coalition might slip down the tubes.
4 posted on 09/19/2001 5:46:56 PM PDT by Sawdring
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

Comment #5 Removed by Moderator

Comment #6 Removed by Moderator

To: Sawdring
"If he can't and Israel decides to attack Palestinian positions the US coalition might slip down the tubes."

If terrorism is so "un-Islamic" why should what happens there stop anyone from joining the "coalition"? The Muslim nations should be all fired up to end this perversion of their faith.

Arafat is full of it, and I don't mean love.

7 posted on 09/19/2001 5:53:13 PM PDT by newwahoo
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

Arafat is playing his lying game. The terrorism goes on and he does the implausible deniability routine. Under Oslo he was required to disarm all the militias. That's what his large 45,000 man police force was (is) for. He was to arrest and try the terrorists. He was to have his PA stop incitement and propaganda which encouraged hatred, murder, Intifadas, Jihads. None of these things occurred. More calls for cease-fires. More useless Reports and suggestions (this time the anemic Mitchell Report). The beat goes on.
8 posted on 09/19/2001 5:53:49 PM PDT by Lent
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

To: Freedom007
Where are the pictures of Israelis killing Palestinians? Don't you watch the news? The Israeli's don't attack unless first attacked. In that regard they are like us. The Palestininans employ terrorist tactics, and like the WTC attackers, they specialize in going after civilian targets. Bombing marketplaces, disco's and the like. You can't expect equal treatment here. Arafat needs to reign in his terrorists.

Even when they are firing at Palestinians in retribution for the loss of civilian lives, the Israeli's still go after military or so-called "Palestinian police" targets.

9 posted on 09/19/2001 5:58:09 PM PDT by passionfruit
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

Palestinian positions the US coalition might slip down the tubes.

If the coalition is as paper-thin as that then the U.S. doesn't need to make coalitions with Islamic States. I heard a bunch of Pakistani Islamics whining about Israel. What in the &^%&^% did Israel ever do to these Pakistani Islamics? The whole lot of these Islamic fundamentalists are a bunch of fascists. Most Islamic states have been directly implicated in harbouring these Islamic fundamentalist Jihadists - Algeria, Sudan, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, Pakistan, etc. etc. Talk about a coalition of hypocrites. If the U.S. is going to dance with the devil the least it should do is pick the bloody song.

10 posted on 09/19/2001 6:02:08 PM PDT by Lent

Comment #11 Removed by Moderator

What makes you think Arafat really wants a truce?
12 posted on 09/19/2001 6:05:09 PM PDT by ET(end tyranny)

To: ET(end tyranny)
I tend to think Arafat is a rational calculating man with years of experience on the political scene. He knows the world is close to WWIII and the US is in no mood to be toyed with so I would think Sharon and Arafat will stop the violence until this stuff blows over. (Hopefully)
13 posted on 09/19/2001 6:08:57 PM PDT by Sawdring
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 12 | View Replies]

To: Freedom007
Now that we have been pulled into the middle east war, I am still wondering what is in it for us.

Supporting the creation of the state of Israel in 1948 was a well-intentioned but horribly wrong thing to do. Nothing good could have come of it, and nothing has. But, what's done is done. The West and Islam have been mortal enemies since the day Islam was founded. (Even before, if you count the Persian Wars.)

Supporting Israel has not helped, but Islam and the West were due for a final showdown sooner or later. Given their birthrates, maybe sooner is better than later.

14 posted on 09/19/2001 6:10:50 PM PDT by Arleigh
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

To: newwahoo
If terrorism is so "un-Islamic" why should what happens there stop anyone from joining the "coalition"?

I never said terrorism is "un-Islamic," but what I did say was I hope Arafat can stop the terrorism before our coalition slips down the tubes. Our coalition being based on Muslim nations that hate Israel supporting us while we tear up Afghanistan and probably other parts of the Middle East while looking for Bin Laden and his sponsors.

15 posted on 09/19/2001 6:13:34 PM PDT by Sawdring
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

To: Lent
If the coalition is as paper-thin as that then the U.S. doesn't need to make coalitions with Islamic States.

I have long imagined a huge, global, anti-Islamic war. Never thought I'd see it in my lifetime, though. I don't see how America can make allies of any Islamic country, even "stalwarts" like Saudi Arabia and Egypt. Their governments must know that to side with the Great Satan in this war will guarantee their overthrow by fundamentalists.

This has the potential to turn into a knock-down, drag-out, fight to the finish between the West and Islam. Only nuclear war with Russia would be uglier.

16 posted on 09/19/2001 6:16:29 PM PDT by Arleigh
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 10 | View Replies]

Queen Noor is on Larry King right now saying that Muslims Christians and Jews all worship the same God.
17 posted on 09/19/2001 6:19:40 PM PDT by Thinkin' Gal

To: Arleigh
Or with China. BTW, how old are you?
18 posted on 09/19/2001 6:19:49 PM PDT by Sawdring
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 16 | View Replies]

To: Lent
Arafat is playing his lying game. The terrorism goes on and he does the implausible deniability routine.

I am curious as to what the real story is -- is he powerless and irrelevant now, or is he pretending to be powerless so the attacks can continue, as you say, with 'deniability.'

19 posted on 09/19/2001 6:23:58 PM PDT by KillerWabbit
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 8 | View Replies]

To: Arleigh
I don't see how America can make allies of any Islamic country,

the jihadists are a threat to a number of Islamic governments, IMHO they'd welcome an excuse to crack down.

20 posted on 09/19/2001 6:24:40 PM PDT by Virginia-American
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 16 | View Replies]

Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-4041-46 next last

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson