Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

USA Flight 93
9/19 | Self

Posted on 09/19/2001 6:13:25 PM PDT by Heartlander

If you found yourself on a plane hijacked by terrorists, what would you do? If while on this plane you were given the knowledge that the terrorists planned on killing thousands innocent people, taking away the freedoms of America, and damaging our economy… Now what would you do?

America, we are now on this hijacked plane, we know the terrorists intentions, and a few brave men have shown us the way. Formulate a plan of action, let our family know we love them, say our prayers, and take these vermin out!

We may come from different backgrounds and beliefs but by God we are Americans and we are family. United by the bond of freedom, the longing for justice, and happiness for our children and ourselves.

These men on United flight 93 saw the eminent danger in front of them and stopped it from continuing. I dare say that not even our enemies can mock their bravery and action. These men did not take time to consult with the academia of our colleges. They did not take time to blame all who put them in this mess. They did not question if the leader of this Great Nation was going to go back to the White House they were now headed for to destroy. NO! – The decision was, “THIS STOPS NOW!”’ “IT MUST NOT CONTINUE!” And the now famous chant of our nation, “LET’S ROLL!”

America, we are on this hijacked plane and until we take action the terrorists are at the controls. Are we going to let this plane hit its next target? The questions of why and how this happened needs to be answered so this will not happen again but we are now faced with the eminent danger ahead… Make no mistake – We are at war! Let us formulate a clear and concise plan and “LET’S ROLL!”

There is a cancer in this world that is threatening our lives. It may require treatments that are painful and ugly. But we have the best doctors in the world to perform this operation. They are our brave military. America we must give them our support and our prayers. Let us stand United. Brave Americans have shown us the way. LET’S ROLL!

TOPICS: Extended News; Miscellaneous; Your Opinion/Questions
KEYWORDS:
Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-22 next last

1 posted on 09/19/2001 6:13:25 PM PDT by Heartlander
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: Heartlander
Bump.

Great post.

2 posted on 09/19/2001 6:16:28 PM PDT by CoolGuyVic
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

I think I would go for it, but I would need help --- too old to do it alone. On the other hand, being old, I don't have to give up as much.
3 posted on 09/19/2001 6:16:58 PM PDT by John Jamieson

Sounds to me like this could have been foiled by five passengers and one container of Pepper Spray.
4 posted on 09/19/2001 6:23:03 PM PDT by Ed_in_NJ

America, we are now on this hijacked plane, we know the terrorists intentions, and a few brave men have shown us the way...These men did not take time to consult with the academia of our colleges. They did not take time to blame all who put them in this mess.

They did not stop to ask, what is the government going to do, what is the military going to do?

NO! – The decision was, “THIS STOPS NOW!”’ “IT MUST NOT CONTINUE!” And the now famous chant of our nation, “LET’S ROLL!”

America, we are on this hijacked plane and until we take action the terrorists are at the controls. Are we going to let this plane hit its next target? Make no mistake – We are at war! “LET’S ROLL!”

There is a cancer in this world that is threatening our lives. It may require treatments that are painful and ugly. LET’S ROLL!

BUT, be sure you don't say anything that might hurt somebody's feelings.

Hank

5 posted on 09/19/2001 6:33:32 PM PDT by Hank Kerchief

To: John Jamieson
"...I think I would go for it, but I would need help --- too old to do it alone. On the other hand, being old, I don't have to give up as much..."

I can relate, LOL.

It should be mentioned that what these men tried to do was to BOTH deny the enemy his victory AND survive.

As it turned out, unfortunately, they were unable to survive, but it clearly wasn't for lack of effort.

Of course, even if survival is utterly impossible, you still deny the enemy his victory. It costs you nothing at all (that you won't be paying presently, anyway) in such a situation.

6 posted on 09/19/2001 6:40:08 PM PDT by DWSUWF
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

To: Hank Kerchief
In a time of war there is no time to be politically correct - we just need to be correct with our accuracy.

God bless the U.S. and may peace come soon

7 posted on 09/19/2001 6:42:24 PM PDT by Heartlander
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

First Battle By Jim Quinn Quinn in the Morning www.warroom.com As we sift through football fields of rubble with cement dust clogging our eyes and throats it may hardly seem that there is victory anywhere in this landscape of catastrophe, but there is. The first battle of the war has been fought and it was a decisive victory for America. It didn't happen on the ground, it just ended up there. It happened sometime between 10:00 am and 10:37 am in the sky over Somerset PA on United Flight 93. This was not just a symbolic victory; it was a win for the practical utility of freedom versus the robotic behavior of programmed fanaticism. In other words, it was a test of who we are versus who they are, and we won! While there is some evidence that our military may have been forced to make a terrible choice last Tuesday it's clear that with or without an "assist" from one of our flyers, whom we shall hold blameless. The other members of our military on board the plane had already made their decision. The contents of cell phone calls from the plane bear witness to this. "But military?” what in the world are you talking about Quinn? Allow me to explain. These people weren't in the military when they boarded the plane. They enlisted in flight. They did it without a recruiter. There was no paper work and no promise of a college education or a career skill to secure their future. They signed up knowing their future would be less than 15 minutes. The significance of the outcome of this battle will be lost on these over funded, over educated, oil saturated former Nomads. It should make them drop to their knees and make them pray to Allah for forgiveness, but it won't. Here's why: The Battle of Fight 93 was a short but decisive encounter where the fanatic met the free. Where a group of people who have been programmed from birth to believe in the sanctity of self destruction and mass murder in the name of a god who does not exist as they envision him, came face to face with something they never understood; free people who are used to thinking for themselves. It took decades of preparation, training and pseudo religious indoctrination to prepare these men to sacrifice their lives for their twisted purpose. It took a bunch of free Americans about two minutes to prepare to sacrifice theirs. These men and women who began their day with a toothbrush and a plane ticket and nothing more on their plate than the expectation of a business meeting and dinner at Fisherman's Wharf; these people with husbands, wives and children to consider, unhesitatingly chose to give their lives for their fellow Americans in less time than it takes to boil an egg. Advantage: Freedom! As I write this, God is probably hearing from a vast number of people He hasn't heard from in a while. In times of difficulty we are moved to turn back to that which we have neglected. Freedom will be the tool of victory in all battles as it was in this one. It is of desperate importance that we understand from whence the tool of victory emanates. You'll find it in the writings of the Framers of our Constitution. Faith and Freedom will triumph over fanaticism. In those few dreadful seconds over Somerset, the template for the coming battles emerged from the fires in which they were forged. Free Americans fought the first battle "on the fly" and "by the seats of their pants". They did it with the only tool they had the resourcefulness of people who can still think for themselves. They earned victory and the admiration of the Free World. The fanatics earned a smoking hole in the ground.
8 posted on 09/19/2001 6:47:30 PM PDT by GregB (reaganfan@vote4gop.org)

In a time of war there is no time to be politically correct - we just need to be correct with our accuracy.

God bless the U.S. and may peace come soon

If you reread my post you will see my last sentence was meant as a sarcasm, since it seems these days as soon as someone actually says something substantive about the nature of the evil that indescriminately terrorizes and kills 5000 plus American citizens, the thread is pulled.

Hank

9 posted on 09/19/2001 6:54:44 PM PDT by Hank Kerchief
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

Comment #10 Removed by Moderator

To: ,,,could have been saved by Pepper Spray or tasers...
..in the posession of passengers and/or crew.
11 posted on 09/19/2001 7:10:22 PM PDT by Ed_in_NJ

To: Hank Kerchief
I did understand your sarcasm - I was following up.

I have only recently found this sight and the opinions, humor, and news is GREAT!

It's America man, like it or not - and I like it! Holy Shi'ite Batmat it's Holy War!

12 posted on 09/19/2001 7:12:35 PM PDT by Heartlander
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 9 | View Replies]

To: crystal55t
TIP 1 They obviously don't speak very good english

TIP 2 They stop what they are doing and pray 5 times a day

Tip 3 Tell them you're building a Succoth in the back yard soon and they are invited to help

Tip 4 Forget tips 1-3, kill them all and let God sort them out!

13 posted on 09/19/2001 7:16:08 PM PDT by Fighting Irish
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 10 | View Replies]

To: crystal55t
First we have to identify the enemies residing right here in our own country which will be like looking for needles in haystacks.

Well, I would begin with those who wear tableclothes on their heads, and those who are their friends. That should narrow it down some.

Hank

14 posted on 09/19/2001 7:17:28 PM PDT by Hank Kerchief
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 10 | View Replies]

To: GregB
Excellent!-
15 posted on 09/19/2001 7:17:56 PM PDT by Heartlander
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 8 | View Replies]

Before September 11th, people would have sat down, shut up and hoped the terrorists who said that "everything would be all right if they cooperated" would treat them well and that the whole ordeal would not be too much of an inconvenience. Those days are gone FOREVER. I pity the next hijacker who tries to take over a plane. The passengers will tear them apart and probably beat them to death even at the possible cost of several lives. Why, because all bets are off. The passengers now know that their lives are worth NOTHING in the eyes of the terrorists. They are going to kill them anyway and take as many people on the ground with them as possible. Better to go down fighting than to die like sheep.

REMEMBER THE TOWERS !

16 posted on 09/19/2001 7:21:33 PM PDT by Jmouse007

The Heroes on Flight 93

Red Blooded Message to the Islamic Terrorists

... regards.

17 posted on 09/19/2001 7:26:47 PM PDT by Jeff Head

Well, I welcome you, and am glad you appreciate the "American" in these pages.

I'm really not the one to welcome you though, since there a lot of old-timers around here who really belong. I'm a bit of an outsider, because I don't always follow the line, like in my sarcasm above. Some resent being forced to think.

Hank

18 posted on 09/19/2001 7:31:14 PM PDT by Hank Kerchief
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 12 | View Replies]

Remember GLICK – BURNETT – BINGHAM – BEAMER - GARCIA - GUADAGNO - and possibly others unknown - Patriots who gave their lives to save other lives!).
19 posted on 09/19/2001 7:31:21 PM PDT by muffaletaman

To: muffaletaman
Thank you gentlemen - and you too Hank...

I will remember - Let's hope we never forget or we can loose all of the good that has come from this tragedy...

20 posted on 09/19/2001 7:40:32 PM PDT by Heartlander
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 19 | View Replies]

Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-22 next last

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson