Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

A Cooking Code
Hartford Courant ^ | Sep 20 2001 | BILL DALEY

Posted on 09/20/2001 2:39:47 AM PDT by 2Trievers

Edited on 09/03/2002 4:49:19 AM PDT by Jim Robinson. [history]

You will still be able to order your eggs cooked sunny-side up, your steaks rare and your oysters raw, but Connecticut restaurants have to make sure you know what you're doing.

Newly revised state regulations require restaurants to post a consumer advisory on the importance of thorough cooking. It can take any of several forms, but must be worded exactly this way: "Thoroughly cooking meats, poultry, seafood, shellfish or eggs reduces the risk of food-borne illness."

(Excerpt) Read more at ctnow.com ...

TOPICS: News/Current Events
KEYWORDS:
Thank heavens my State is looking out for me ... I am so unworthy of this indulgence.
1 posted on 09/20/2001 2:39:47 AM PDT by 2Trievers
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: 2Trievers
"But where is this going to stop?" Vacalebre says. "You're going to go to the men's room and read, `Don't pee on the floor, it's a health hazard.' God, where is it going to stop? Do they think they're dealing with idiots?"

RTOFL. No way am I going to read anything today that will top that.

2 posted on 09/20/2001 2:42:52 AM PDT by riley1992
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

I'm a strong believer we have to be way above the charts when it comes to food safety," she says. "We've gone through every paragraph of the federal code and compared it with the state code. We want to pass the federal code with amendments where Connecticut is superior to [the FDA] code."

I can't believe this boob could say this with a straight face and it confirms for me once again that we have heards of these bovines tethered to desks doing nothing but reading what other herd members have written. And then to write something even more restrictive....what is this some kind of pissing contest?

They need to be shipped out to Afghanistan right away to prevent food borne illness there as well.

3 posted on 09/20/2001 3:01:20 AM PDT by ninonitti

To: riley1992, LoneGOPinCT
"We want to pass the federal code with amendments where Connecticut is superior to [the FDA] code."

People should be moving to CT in droves now, knowing that we can make legislation that is MORE restrictive than what the feds can hand down!

4 posted on 09/20/2001 3:02:15 AM PDT by 2Trievers (Yippee skippe Lone, our property values are going to go up!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

Idiots in ivory towers with nothing to do.
5 posted on 09/20/2001 4:00:51 AM PDT by meenie
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

"My guess is we'll put it on the bottom of the menu," he says.

Right beneath the big old ketchup stain from a medium-rare hamburger.

6 posted on 09/20/2001 4:03:54 AM PDT by riley1992

...you know what you're doing

All your food belong to them.

7 posted on 09/20/2001 4:12:13 AM PDT by csvset

I feel much safer now. We can expect these warnings to be as effective as the ones on cigarettes, alcohol, the warnings we get when cooking hamburgers at home, mixing prescription drugs, etc.
8 posted on 09/20/2001 5:35:24 AM PDT by LoneGOPinCT

To: LoneGOPinCT
Just keep paying your taxes, Lone. We'll be taken care of, from the cradle to the grave ... "Qui Transtulit Sustinet"
9 posted on 09/20/2001 2:10:02 PM PDT by 2Trievers
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 8 | View Replies]

Waiter, you've got your thumb on my cheeseburger!
Waiter: Well, you wouldn't want me to drop it again, would you, sir?
10 posted on 09/20/2001 2:19:39 PM PDT by Cagey (..well, it's funnier than the fly in my soup joke.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 9 | View Replies]

To: Cagey
Where did you get this waiter line?
11 posted on 09/20/2001 2:40:19 PM PDT by 2Trievers (They don't have waiters in McDonald's ... you've been to a real resturant?)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 10 | View Replies]

NJ does not allow self serve gas, so I figure the McDonalds here should have waiters. Make sense?

Speaking of restaurants and gas stations, I once saw a sign at a Convenience store/gas station that said "Eat here and get gas".

12 posted on 09/20/2001 2:50:40 PM PDT by Cagey
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 11 | View Replies]

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson