Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

The GUILD 9-21-2001 Part 2... BE READY!!!!!

Posted on 09/21/2001 10:31:06 AM PDT by Hillary's Lovely Legs

TOPICS: Culture/Society; Extended News; Miscellaneous
KEYWORDS:
Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-4041-6061-80 ... 101-107 next last

1 posted on 09/21/2001 10:31:06 AM PDT by Hillary's Lovely Legs
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: Hillary's Lovely Legs
You are so good at finding pictures that mean so much. Thanks, HLL.
2 posted on 09/21/2001 10:39:35 AM PDT by WIMom
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: maica
Will you permit me a little rant?

Last night I watched on C-span - whose camera angle, different from the Fox and MSNBC, did not even show the huge American flag behind President Bush. Their camera must have been on the ceiling! Anyway, C-span stayed taping on my TV after the speech as I was so absorbed with the threads here that I did not move from the computer to switch it off.

So, -- here is the little rant -- I heard Senator Schumer say to his post-speech interviewer :

"...He has stuck by New York. He didn't have to. We're part of the 'Blue States.' New York, New Jersey, Connecticutt didn't vote for him, but he realized we need unity in every part of America."

Now I just have to say it: Senator Schumer this statement shows me how small you and your ilk really are. We are all Americans. And beyond that, we all are part of the civilized world, and would like to continue to live in a civilized world.

How you could think for a minute that we (non-New Yorkers) would turn our back is really insulting.

"He realized..." ------ NO, Senator Schumer, 'he' didn't need to 'realize' it. He knew it from the moment it happened. Jeesh, these libs are so small-minded.

115 Posted on 09/21/2001 10:29:54 PDT by maica

Maica, I saw the same thing too. I did think it was small minded for him to mention that he was a blue state. We are all Americans, RED WHITE AND BLUE. They can't get past the election, can they? He might want to check a county by county voting map of New York. He's a RED STATE!!!

3 posted on 09/21/2001 10:40:48 AM PDT by Hillary's Lovely Legs

You made me laugh, and that is pretty hard to do as tears are so close to the surface.

RED STATE!!! That's great!

4 posted on 09/21/2001 10:44:29 AM PDT by maica
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

To: maica
Will you permit me a little rant?

Last night I watched on C-span - whose camera angle, different from the Fox and MSNBC, did not even show the huge American flag behind President Bush. Their camera must have been on the ceiling! Anyway, C-span stayed taping on my TV after the speech as I was so absorbed with the threads here that I did not move from the computer to switch it off.

So, -- here is the little rant -- I heard Senator Schumer say to his post-speech interviewer :

"...He has stuck by New York. He didn't have to. We're part of the 'Blue States.' New York, New Jersey, Connecticutt didn't vote for him, but he realized we need unity in every part of America."

Now I just have to say it: Senator Schumer this statement shows me how small you and your ilk really are. We are all Americans. And beyond that, we all are part of the civilized world, and would like to continue to live in a civilized world.

How you could think for a minute that we (non-New Yorkers) would turn our back is really insulting.

"He realized..." ------ NO, Senator Schumer, 'he' didn't need to 'realize' it. He knew it from the moment it happened. Jeesh, these libs are so small-minded.

115 Posted on 09/21/2001 10:29:54 PDT by maica

Maica, I saw the same thing too. I did think it was small minded for him to mention that he was a blue state. We are all Americans, RED WHITE AND BLUE. They can't get past the election, can they? He might want to check a county by county voting map of New York. He's a RED STATE!!!

5 posted on 09/21/2001 10:44:55 AM PDT by Hillary's Lovely Legs

To: Hillary's Lovely Legs,WIMom, all
BARF ALERT III

PAGING ALL EX-PRESDIENTS

THIS GUY SAYS GW SHOULD HIRE BUBBA, BECAUSE HE NEEDS HELP. Puke!!!!

6 posted on 09/21/2001 10:50:31 AM PDT by Teacup
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

Thanks for the new thread; your picture on top is priceless; you have been just superb these past 10 days in posting great headings and I love your ribbon, too.

In addition to having Bill, Chelsea and Buddy, Hillary also has Tony and Hugh and Roger to deal with. And did you notice last night Barbara Boxer was next to her on her left? I cannot believe Boxer would still coddle up to her. After all, her beloved Grandson was put in jeopardy by Tony and Hugh this summer. What kinda people are these libs? Putting self above family. Yuk, yuk, yuk.

7 posted on 09/21/2001 10:55:37 AM PDT by daisyscarlett

(AP Photo/Gary C. Knapp)

8 posted on 09/21/2001 10:55:47 AM PDT by vrwc54

Don't forget. The liberal Hollywood stars are having their fund raiser tonight. Hosted by Rosie O'Donuts, and organized by Juila Roberts I hear.
9 posted on 09/21/2001 11:04:59 AM PDT by Teacup

To: Teacup
Not only did I remember, we will be having a live thread. Don't you think there will be prime moments for mocking the Hollywood Hypocrites?
10 posted on 09/21/2001 11:06:38 AM PDT by Hillary's Lovely Legs
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 9 | View Replies]

Hey, now... we should hire Bubba...strap him onto the first missile and send him in!
11 posted on 09/21/2001 11:08:58 AM PDT by goodieD
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

I have a weak stomach, can I be excused from watching? grin.
12 posted on 09/21/2001 11:10:27 AM PDT by goodieD
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 10 | View Replies]

The liberal Ho-wood schmuckfaces will do anything for "face time," including holding a fundraiser. But will they say one good thing about Bush? I'm not going to tune in to find out.
13 posted on 09/21/2001 11:10:35 AM PDT by PoisedWoman

I will NOT watch this tonight. I will clean, work, read Free Republic, watch a baseball game - I will NOT watch these Hollywood nitwits try to improve their trashy reputations by suddenly discovering patriotism.
14 posted on 09/21/2001 11:14:15 AM PDT by SmartBlonde

That picture breaks my heart. That young man has to leave his new family and go fight because some radical lives and thrives on hate - not religion, not their beliefs, just hate and evil.
15 posted on 09/21/2001 11:14:22 AM PDT by ClancyJ

To: Hillary's Lovely Legs - ALL
Re your opening photograph - although it was long ago, been there - done that, more than once...
The pain of that kind of separation is never really forgotten.

Please pray for all our military in earnest - and the families and friends who wait for them.

16 posted on 09/21/2001 11:21:53 AM PDT by LadyX

To: SmartBlonde,PoisedWoman,Hillary's Lovely Legs,goodieD
LOL, Hubby said last night, "WHAT? They (Hollywood liberals) now want back in?"

He's right! Suddenly do they feel they have been on the wrong side of this nation? How shallow. Are they worried no one will go see their movies?

Don't forget what Julia Roberts said:

"Look up REPUBLICAN in a dictionary, and you'll find them next to repile."

Yes HLL, a live thread would be fun.

17 posted on 09/21/2001 11:22:59 AM PDT by Teacup
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 14 | View Replies]

repile=reptile
18 posted on 09/21/2001 11:24:50 AM PDT by Teacup
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 17 | View Replies]

To: Hillary's Lovely Legs, LBGA, BigWaveBetty
Can you explain why I am no longer able to access:
http://www.freecardsbyali.com/america/america.html

This is the webpage with the moving reminder of 911, complete with LeAnn Rimmes singing.
When I tried to access it today I received this message:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access / on this server.
Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/1.3.19 Server at www.freecardsbyali.com Port 80

That was so moving. Did any one save it on their hard drive?

19 posted on 09/21/2001 11:32:37 AM PDT by Marianne

To: WIMom
Thank you for the compliment. Believe it or not, I actually put a lot of thought into the opening of all the threads.

20 posted on 09/21/2001 11:34:14 AM PDT by Hillary's Lovely Legs
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-4041-6061-80 ... 101-107 next last

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson