Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

Sunshine (sometime) Patriot Outbreak
bubbafree | 9/22/01 | bubbafree

Posted on 09/22/2001 4:33:10 AM PDT by bubbafree

In the wake of the recent terrorist attacks, there's been a galvanizing of patrioic spirit among usually disparate groups and individuals.

We see it in politicians, celebrities and just plain folk.

I'm sure there's been alot of new members recently added to FreeRepublic in recent days that normally would consider FR a right-wing hate group. There's alot of chest-thumping dialog showing up lately, that wasn't so apparent before.

President Bush didn't win the election by the 95% approval rating he now holds, and leopards don't change their spots overnite...chameleons do. It takes resolve to stand by your beliefs and defend them when it isn't "fashionable" to do so.

To those of you who truly recognize the integrity of our leadership and stand behind our president...welcome aboard.

To the "undecideds"...make a decision.

To the "Sunshine Patriots"...will you still be there when you're called to sacrifice?

TOPICS: Miscellaneous
KEYWORDS:
Anyone can wrap themselves in a flag...but will they defend it?
1 posted on 09/22/2001 4:33:10 AM PDT by bubbafree
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: bubbafree
I agree--there's a whole lotta difference....I made an oath in the name of God...Although God may forgive me for forsaking that oath...I could not forgive myself....

BTW..I was called a "baby-killer"..in a chatroom with liberals the other day...some folks will never understand....

2 posted on 09/22/2001 4:50:27 AM PDT by TongRat
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: TongRat
I was called a "baby-killer"..in a chatroom with liberals the other day...

I just hope the phonies will just leave before they become disruptors.

3 posted on 09/22/2001 4:59:34 AM PDT by bubbafree
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

There are many of us here who listen and watch. When the time comes we will be ready to stand shoulder to shoulder with you. We will not come empty handed.
4 posted on 09/22/2001 5:10:26 AM PDT by refermech

To: refermech
I spent many months lurking and learning.
5 posted on 09/22/2001 5:19:14 AM PDT by bubbafree
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

Here is a rant that I posted a couple of days ago on the very subject of sunshine patriots:

What worries me the most about this scenario is the average American's resolve to win this. I will admit - I am encouraged by all of the flag-waving, tough talk about "protecting freedom", and unity from my fellow citizens, but I am VERY afraid that most of this is coming from "sunshine patriots." It is now fashionable and hip to be patriotic. What will the attitudes be later down the road when the body bags come home (and more filled here in our land)? In the past week, I have been wondering to myself: "WHERE WERE THESE PEOPLE WHEN OUR FREEDOMS WERE UNDER ATTACK FROM OUR ELECTED LEADERS!?" I cannot claim to be Captain America myself, but for many years I have educated myself, written letters, faxed, made phone calls, went to public meetings, protested, demonstrated, and ranted and raved (and calmly discussed) to anyone who would listen about the importance of FREEDOM. "Si vis pacem, parabellum" has become my personal motto. Many times I was cursed at, spit at and called a "Constitution/freedom-nut-deranged-militia-radical-kook-etc." I did all of this while the majority of "Americans" glorified people who drive cars in circles and chase balls around on a field somewhere. While I was concerned about innocent people being killed in cold blood by our increasingly federalized police forces, the majority of "Americans" were worried about their sacred Social Security "lockbox", or what the Dow Jones average was for the day. During the Lewinsky debacle, I said, "Forget the blue dress - investigate Chinagate - our enemies can now target missles on our cities with pinpoint accuracy, thanks to Clinton's treasonous actions!" I was told to shut up, because cigar jokes are much more funny and entertaining.

Now, EVERYONE wants to be a "patriot". Honestly guys - how long do you think the sheeple will tolerate a protracted war? 2 years? 4 years? 8 or 16 years? I don't think most people have the WILL to suck it up for more than a year, before they fly the white flag and start lining up at the nearest Mosque to convert. Besides, Who Wants to be a Millionaire is still on... Surrender our rights to gain some security? No problem! I know that it may come to us fighting terrorists on our own soil, but I don't really think that will make much difference. After all, when Americans are being poisoned, shot, blown up, and God knows what else, it will always be "someone else" it happens to.

If this war is going to be won or lost by the American citizens, I hope I am very wrong about my opinion of Joe Six-pack.

If anyone wants to, flame away! < /rant >

Days later, I'm not as pissed off now, but I still have the same concerns...

6 posted on 09/22/2001 6:09:19 AM PDT by pocat

To: pocat
Wow...I missed that one. I'm glad you shared it with me. You're right...how much resolve will there be down the road.

As soon as one Lib starts getting support, the rest will return to the flock (sheeple).

7 posted on 09/22/2001 6:18:53 AM PDT by bubbafree
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

To: pocat
I think a lot of us think what you have articulated in your "rant." I echo it and wish I were eloquent enough to have said it myself. Thanks.
8 posted on 09/22/2001 6:29:57 AM PDT by Aeronaut
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

To: Aeronaut
ditto
9 posted on 09/22/2001 6:50:04 AM PDT by bubbafree
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 8 | View Replies]

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson