Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

Rules Of Engagement:A Message To the Black Community
Sierra Times ^ | September 27,2001 | J.J. Johnson

Posted on 09/28/2001 4:10:41 PM PDT by sweetliberty

In a time when a country calls for unity, there are apparently cracks beginning to show in what was thought to be a solid American Foundation. According to the Associated Press, Afghanistan's ruling Taliban militia has asked Jesse Jackson to lead a "peace delegation" to the region. In Jackson's press conference, he referred to the Taliban as "religious leaders". These two words used by such a man of notoriety in the Black community, if not addressed immediately, could lead to a clear and present danger to the domestic tranquility of this nation.

Jackson said he spoke with Secretary of State Colin Powell, who repeated the Bush administration position that it will not negotiate with the Taliban but did not urge Jackson not to go.

Well, he should have. According to our Constitution, Jackson traveling there to 'negotiate' with what has already been labeled a hostile regime, and referring to them as 'religious leaders' is the book definition of 'treason' - giving aid and comfort to the enemy.

Jackson's comments are just the tip of the iceberg. There have been numerous left-wing Black publications across America giving "the chickens have come home to roost" line, and America simply got what it deserved. In major media, it seems the black community has been silent on the matter of what direction this country should take. Jackson's recent statements (and others) cause me to suspect that as a black man, the black community may be receiving the wrong message - from leaders they never elected.

I have heard few people - neither the government, media, nor so-called black leaders themselves - discuss how this coming war may directly affect the black community. The black community should be asking questions. They deserve answers.

There is no stopping the coming battle in the Middle East. We are going to war, people. The world watched over 6000 people killed on American soil. That's 1% of the fatalities during the entire War of 1861-1865 wiped out in one day. Since then, many Americans have dropped any prefix from the word American when describing themselves. We are all Americans. This enemy has proven that he is willing to attack on this soil - indiscriminately. We may in fact face more attacks in the near future. Let me explain how this will affect Blacks - possibly more so than anyone else.

Any counter-strikes that would follow on American soil would probably be targeted at major metropolitan areas for a maximum kill ratio, where most blacks reside. The blast from a small, low yield nuclear weapon unleashed in the downtown area would cause immediate destruction. But most black communities would suffer the firestorms to follow. A disruption or attack on utilities would affect urban residents more than anyone else.

What's worse: There have been those Americans who have prepared for such contingencies for sometime - although in limited fashion. They relocated to safer areas. They purchased the proper items necessary for survival. To many in the Black Communities, they were labeled as 'racist', anti-Semitic, anti-government, etc. Thus, blacks were shunned away from them - and their message. Today, when Blacks may consider purchasing a gas mask for their own protection, they will probably find themselves shunned away. Not due to skin color, but due to lack of availably.

There have been many complaints of 'racial profiling' in the past. Today, it has become common when talking about Middle Eastern residents (although few will admit it). The nation took a painful hit on September 11, 2001, and our sadness has turned to fear and anger. This message is to prevent political disenfranchisement, which is an 'industry' in the Black community, to cause the Black community to fall on the wrong side of American anger.

Black American: Now is the time to become unified with America. This means losing any prefix before the word American when describing yourself. The enemy has already removed it for you. Their mission, or "Fatwah" is to kill all Americans - regardless of race. This is not Islam. This was evil. Beware of those among you siding with anyone supporting what happened on September 11, 2001.

As in any war, one strategy is to divide and conquer. If not checked, I suspect there could easily be attempts to use persons who feel disenfranchised from this country as a method of causing civil unrest here in the United States. Black America must not let this happen. Beware of those who support what happened in New York and Washington. Beware of those who seek to meet and greet such support. They are not with us - but have their own agenda.

Instead, begin to look to outside resources for news and information. Get involved in community policing - keeping your eyes and ears open for warnings of the next attack. As we know, criminals often hide in Black Communities. There is no reason to assume terrorists won't as well. Lastly, prepare yourselves. Do not be led down the wrong path - or led out into the streets for the wrong reason.

Any man wishing to reach out to a hostile regime that vows to kill Americans should be discarded without discussion. For such a man does not speak for America. Nor does he, or should he, be allowed to speak for Black People anywhere.

TOPICS: Editorial; News/Current Events
KEYWORDS:
As usual, J.J. Johnson can be counted on to be a voice of reason against Jesse Jackass.....uuummm Jackson.
1 posted on 09/28/2001 4:10:41 PM PDT by sweetliberty
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: sweetliberty
The only crack in the American facade is the Jesse Jackson crackpot.
2 posted on 09/28/2001 4:19:29 PM PDT by Podkayne
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

Good find...but I have a serious question, and this has been bugging me.

If the "chickens have come home to roost" as some freedom-haters have intimated, then now WE, the US, the victim, the reciever of brutality and oppression, can now bomb the living s out anybody who does the same things we must do?

The argumets of the left never make sense, but now they are callous and ignorant.

3 posted on 09/28/2001 4:20:44 PM PDT by Benrand

To: Benrand
As opposed to normally well thought out and intelligent? Hehehehe!!
4 posted on 09/28/2001 4:44:26 PM PDT by sweetliberty
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

Of course...they are so well thought...wait, we're we talking about conservative intellectuals? No? Oh, we were talking about Bill Press...yeah, he's an idiot.
5 posted on 09/28/2001 4:57:16 PM PDT by Benrand
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

To: mafree
In light of your great post of recent and profile, I thought you might enjoy this read. Have a great weekend...
6 posted on 09/28/2001 5:03:43 PM PDT by eureka!

I don't think most Black Americans are as enchanted with their self-appointed leaders as we think; I'm not enchanted with Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson either. How about a little less intellectual racial profiling?
7 posted on 09/28/2001 5:16:16 PM PDT by ChemistCat

Comment #8 Removed by Moderator

Thanks for the post! Having worked in the WTC, I can say that probably a good third of those killed were black, either from the US or the Caribbean. The other thing that many blacks do not realize is that, in the eyes of foreigners, they are not black first: they are Americans. People in other countries constantly see black Americans on TV, as actors, celebrities such as Oprah, MTV stars, or in sports, and do not regard them as something apart from America. If more blacks traveled and realized that nobody (except for the domestic and foreign left) considers them to be anything but rich, successful Americans, I think it would change their perception of the situation considerably.
9 posted on 09/28/2001 5:32:17 PM PDT by livius

To: livius
I think you are right.
10 posted on 09/29/2001 7:48:08 AM PDT by sweetliberty
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 9 | View Replies]

To: eureka!
Thanks for the compliment and the ping!

Though it now looks like JJ isn't going, we still have to let him know that he ain't speaking for us.

Also, it is time for black Americans to be Americans because the terrorists ain't making distinctions between one group of Americans or another. They sure didn't on September 11.

11 posted on 09/30/2001 3:50:35 PM PDT by mafree
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

To: mafree
Most welcome and so right...
12 posted on 10/01/2001 6:34:24 AM PDT by eureka!
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 11 | View Replies]

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson