Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

AFGHANI JET PILOT: TALIBAN BOSSES HAD ME TRAIN 14 ‘HOLY WARRIORS'
New York Post ^ | 10/01/01 | WILLIAM NEUMAN

Posted on 10/01/2001 2:42:59 AM PDT by kattracks

Edited on 05/26/2004 5:01:04 PM PDT by Jim Robinson. [history]

October 1, 2001 -- An Afghani airline pilot was ordered by the Taliban government to give flight training on commercial jets to 14 Islamic holy warriors who were then sent abroad on possible suicide missions, it was reported today.

Rasul Parvaz, a senior pilot and captain for Ariana, Afghanistan's state-owned airline, said the handpicked group consisted of "dedicated Muslim fanatics" who considered themselves soldiers in a holy war, The Times of London reported.

(Excerpt) Read more at nypost.com ...

TOPICS: Front Page News; News/Current Events
KEYWORDS:
Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-22 next last

1 posted on 10/01/2001 2:42:59 AM PDT by kattracks
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: kattracks
Parvaz has gone into hiding

killed?

2 posted on 10/01/2001 2:49:44 AM PDT by The Raven
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

This doesn't surprise me in the least. What does surprise me is that such a large operation as this slipped through unnoticed by our security services.
3 posted on 10/01/2001 2:51:28 AM PDT by TKEman

Could this be the 'powerful evidence' that Blair was talking about over the weekend?

Let's Roll!!

4 posted on 10/01/2001 2:58:25 AM PDT by leadpenny

To: TKEman
"What does surprise me is that such a large operation as this slipped through unnoticed by our security services."

What surprises me is that I read about this same issue earlier, like 1 1/2 to 2 weeks ago or so on FR, but nowhere else in the media.

5 posted on 10/01/2001 3:15:24 AM PDT by Real Cynic No More
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

To: Real Cynic No More
The White House wanted any applicant for citizenship to be naturalized in time to register for the November election, so the pressure on the INS was constant. On March 21 Elaine Kamarck in the Vice President’s office sent an e-mail to Farbrother saying: "THE PRESIDENT IS SICK OF THIS AND WANTS ACTION. IF NOTHING MOVES TODAY WE’LL HAVE TO TAKE SOME PRETTY DRASTIC MEASURES." Farbrother responded, "I favor drastic measures." If he couldn’t get what he wanted from the INS, he wrote, he would "call for heavy artillery."
6 posted on 10/01/2001 3:27:01 AM PDT by kcvl
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

To: kcvl
What does this have to do with this topic?
7 posted on 10/01/2001 3:33:16 AM PDT by Real Cynic No More
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

To: kcvl
On March 21 Elaine Kamarck in the Vice President’s office sent an e-mail to Farbrother saying:......

Assuming you mean Mar 21, 2000. Who is Farbrother?

8 posted on 10/01/2001 3:42:29 AM PDT by leadpenny
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

Interesting. Just how many suicide pilots are out there and where are they? After a revelation like this I think dropping a couple of neutron bombs on Afghanistan would solve our problem permanently. No more Taliban and no more terrorist training bases. And no more Osama Bin Laden. It looks more and more like an attractive answer.
9 posted on 10/01/2001 3:45:57 AM PDT by goldstategop
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

Comment #10 Removed by Moderator

To: abwehr
1995. Thanks. Even worse. Reminds me of how long albore was a dedicated butt-boy for x42.
11 posted on 10/01/2001 4:49:04 AM PDT by leadpenny
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 10 | View Replies]

Comment #12 Removed by Moderator

"The White House wanted any applicant for citizenship to be naturalized in time to register for the November election, so the pressure on the INS was constant. On March 21 Elaine Kamarck in the Vice President’s office sent an e-mail to Farbrother saying: "THE PRESIDENT IS SICK OF THIS AND WANTS ACTION. IF NOTHING MOVES TODAY WE’LL HAVE TO TAKE SOME PRETTY DRASTIC MEASURES." Farbrother responded, "I favor drastic measures." If he couldn’t get what he wanted from the INS, he wrote, he would "call for heavy artillery."

I think he was referring to Clinton's order to get as many aliens into this country as he could and get them registered to vote in time for the November 1996 Election.

This lowering of standards at the borders made it easier to allow terrorists to enter easily.

kcvl, this should help to explain why you posted an article. It would prevent guessing games!

13 posted on 10/01/2001 5:05:58 AM PDT by Sen Jack S. Fogbound
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

Well, after thinking about it, I've moderated my stance a bit. Since we seem to be relying less on human intelligence, we see what we get.

I think this society in general has started to rely way too much on technology to do simple things, such as addition and subtraction, so what can we expect?

14 posted on 10/01/2001 5:19:12 AM PDT by TKEman
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

This is extremely significant. If true, it means that the Taliban was directly involved in planning and assisting terrorism, which is far beyond "harboring" terrorists.

The Taliban are terrorists and must be liquidated.

15 posted on 10/01/2001 6:05:04 AM PDT by Dog Gone

To: leadpenny
Douglas Farbrother
16 posted on 10/01/2001 7:02:59 AM PDT by OrioleFan
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 8 | View Replies]

Afghanistan has an airline with actual jet pilots? I'm shocked. How can you fit a yak into the passenger compartment of a 707? And what kind of air safety instructions must they give on those flights?
17 posted on 10/01/2001 9:39:53 AM PDT by patlaw_guy

To: OrioleFan
Thank you very much. I remember hearing about that stuff but did not know the details. Farbrother strikes me as a punk like the guy who was handling the FBI files for hitlery. Name escapes me. Anyway, it WAS the most ethical (-ly challenged) administration in history.
18 posted on 10/01/2001 2:22:45 PM PDT by leadpenny
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 16 | View Replies]

To: leadpenny
HOW MANY OF THE TERRORISTS ARE INCLUDED AMONG THE AFGHAN REUGEES FLOODING THIS COUNTRY. THEY MUST BE STOPPED AND HELD IN SECURE AREAS! OUR SURVIVAL AS A NATION IS AT STAKE.
19 posted on 10/01/2001 2:32:51 PM PDT by imperator2
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 18 | View Replies]

To: patchpics
If his statements are true, the toliban is a terrorist group instead of a government.

Remember the book "The Lord of the Flies"? That is the Taliban, a bunch of kids without any adults to supervise. Well, the adults are about to arrive!

20 posted on 10/01/2001 3:10:35 PM PDT by Yellow Rose of Texas
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 12 | View Replies]

Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-22 next last

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson