Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

Trying to Undertsand Why Left Wing Whackos Would Support Everything They're Supposed to Be Against?
me ^ | today | me

Posted on 10/03/2001 8:18:28 AM PDT by liberalism=failure

What I truly don't get is why the left wing whackos would support the terrorists and company. Yes, it would be despicable if the libkooks supported Castro killing our people, but it would be, at least on some level, understandable. Because they would be supporting a fellow comrade.

But the Taliban, et al, represents everything the left claims to be against. Intolerance? These guys are the very picture of religious intolerance, they want to wipe out every non-muslim on the planet, it doesn't get more intolerant than that. They also force women to wear vails. I wonder how that syncs up with the liberal "do it if it feels good" liberate our sexuality mindset? And they're a theocratic state, isn't that supposed to be a liberal's greatest fear?

Yet in spite of all that the libkooks support the terrorists more than their own country. I guess that's the answer as to why. These people hate their own country SO MUCH that they will ally themselves with any enemy of it.

Orwell, I believe, said that pacifism (In World War II) was "objectively pro-fascist" well I think it is clear now that pacifism is objectively pro-terrorist. As Bush said you're either for us or against us, and these neomarxist traitors are with them, not us.

TOPICS: Culture/Society; Editorial
KEYWORDS:
Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-24 next last

1 posted on 10/03/2001 8:18:28 AM PDT by liberalism=failure
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: liberalism=failure
This is a clue that many Lefties are lying habitually when they talk about their 'concern' for human rights. For these scum, that's just bait to disarm the unwary and recruit the 'useful idiots' so beloved of Marxist ideology.
2 posted on 10/03/2001 8:29:44 AM PDT by Post Toasties
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

There's nothing neo about these Marxists.

It's the same old story. OBL and al Qaeda attacked American capitalism.

They're all totalitarians who hate freedom.

3 posted on 10/03/2001 8:30:15 AM PDT by GEC

If you really want to have your brain melt, ask someone why they like Clinton. The discussion will go somewhat like this:

"Why do you like Clinton?"

"Well, I think he did a good job, the economy was good under him, and I just like him."

"You like Clinton even though he had all those FBI files? (point out that those FBI files are reminiscent of Nixon)

Then, go on to mention serial adultery, Buddhist Temple fundraising, obstruction of justice, and impeachment.

The final response will be "Yeah, but I still like the guy, and I think he did a good job."

This is the typical mindset of a lot of people. Or, if you mention the particulars, and avoid Monica, (after all, the impeachment was just about sex) the Clinton lover will not want to hear it.

4 posted on 10/03/2001 8:34:02 AM PDT by stylin_geek

I suppose it's the Palestinian angle. The leftists I know, including many secular Jews, have a romantic view of the Palestinian cause.

It's also the anti-American angle. I'm afraid their first reaction is that anyone who kills 7,000 Americans must belong to a politically correct group.

As long as the terrorists continue to hit politically correct targets, these illusions are likely to persist. After all, you could ask similar questions about leftist reactions to the situation in Sudan. How come the leftists, including many prominent black leftists, support Arabs killing and enslaving their fellow blacks, who are normally considered to be a prime victim group? Because the Sudanese blacks are said to be Christians, and anyone who kills Christians must have his heart in the right place, according to this way of thinking. After all, Christians are oppressors.

It's pretty sick, but there it is.

5 posted on 10/03/2001 8:35:36 AM PDT by Cicero

Nothing new about this.

Remember the left applauded wildly when Khomeini overthrew the Shah of Iran.

(Though they won't admit this now.)

The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

6 posted on 10/03/2001 8:38:16 AM PDT by Nogbad

Because liberals hate our economic system and limited government worse than anything else in the world. The only freedom Liberals worship is the right to have sex however and whenever they like.
7 posted on 10/03/2001 8:38:35 AM PDT by Always Right

The left are united in one thing, attacking America, the symbol of how completely wrong Marx and Lenin were about Capitalism. They left are not progessives, liberals, or advocates of human rights. They are commies and all that derisive label implies: a century of murdered masses for their cause.
8 posted on 10/03/2001 8:39:00 AM PDT by Havisham

To: Always Right
My theory of why the left acts the way they do is simple. They are for the most part misfits economically and socially. They rally against anything that is remotely successful and positive. They are simply put: lazy losers.
9 posted on 10/03/2001 8:44:57 AM PDT by KSCITYBOY
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

Why would the lefties support Communism, in the name of poor people, when the US poor live better than 75 percent of the world and the communist poor starved to death?

Why would American womens rights groups, who blast the US for women not gaining the right to vote until the 20th century, support communism where NOBODY is allowed to vote?

The list could go on forever.

10 posted on 10/03/2001 8:48:44 AM PDT by 11th Earl of Mar

Trying to understand the left is like trying to nail jelly to a tree.However, there is one character trait that is endemic to all left winger, and that is they are all HYPOCRITES!!!!!! That's right, fellow freepers, the worst hypocrites in the world, bar none. Some stats; Lefty celebs give less money to charity than any other targeted group.Lefty politicians are second tightest. Leftys all want the average American to scale back, but they hire only the best tax attorneys.Leftys want an annual Earth Day, but they leave 2 1/2 tons of garbage on the ground for the city workers to clean up.I could go on typing more for an hour, but you get the drift.
11 posted on 10/03/2001 8:49:04 AM PDT by 1 FELLOW FREEPER

Aren't all these peaceniks the same ones who were holding marches and vigils all over America when THEIR president was bombing innocent civilians in Serbia. sarcasm
12 posted on 10/03/2001 8:58:03 AM PDT by OldFriend

Well, you're not the only one amazed by the contortions of leftists. Here's a short excerpt from andrewsullivan.com on the same subject:

One of the amazing things about the far left's embrace of the anti-American ideology of some in the Middle East is their willful blindness about what these fanatics actually believe in. Susan Sontag, for example, is a Jew. Does she honestly believe that America is responsible for more evil than a bunch of Muslim fanatics who would gas her in a second if they could? Could any gay person seriously argue for appeasement of people who would execute them on the spot if they lived under their rule? Could any serious feminist not believe in opposing fanatics who would eviscerate the slightest shred of freedom for women? I just don't get it. Liberals of all people should be the most serious about fighting this scourge. Is their hatred of America that deep? As to bin Laden's vicious anti-Semitism, check the PBS interview out. Here are my choice excerpts from the Goebbels of Afghanistan:

"The enmity between us and the Jews goes far back in time and is deep rooted. There is no question that war between the two of us is inevitable ... The leaders in America and in other countries as well have fallen victim to Jewish Zionist blackmail ... Once again, I have to stress the necessity of focusing on the Americans and the Jews for they represent the spearhead with which the members of our religion have been slaughtered. Any effort directed against America and the Jews yields positive and direct results - Allah willing ... We do not have to differentiate between military or civilian. As far as we are concerned, they are all targets, and this is what the fatwah says ... We believe that this administration represents Israel inside America. Take the sensitive ministries such as the Ministry of Exterior and the Ministry of Defense and the CIA, you will find that the Jews have the upper hand in them."

This isn't like Nazism. In its pathological, paranoid hatred of the Jews, it is Nazism. And these guys want to appease it again?

Well, he concentrated on the anti-semitic aspects there, but you could just as easily rattle on about women's rights or about the Taliban executing homosexuals by bulldozing brick walls onto them. The far left doesn't want to let any of this intrude into their own solipsistic reality, however. They don't want to let anything dilute their hatred of white patriarchal capitalist America.

13 posted on 10/03/2001 8:59:20 AM PDT by TheMole

If the terrorists had been Christian fundamentalists, the left would possibly have opposed them, but only to point out that the terrorists' actions somehow were representative of the American people as a whole. The left HATES America, there is no other way to put it.
14 posted on 10/03/2001 9:05:44 AM PDT by Steve_Seattle

To: Cicero
I suppose it's the Palestinian angle. The leftists I know, including many secular Jews, have a romantic view of the Palestinian cause.

Yeah I agree 100%. there's this template among the Marxists that says if a group is a minority it is therefore "oppressed" and the majority is "oppressing" it, regardless of what the facts say (i.e. that most Israelis would be happy to coexist with Muslims, whereas most most Palestinians want the totally annihilation and or expulsion of all Jews).

As long as the terrorists continue to hit politically correct targets, these illusions are likely to persist.

Once again you nailed it. All these hate-America liberals on TV can ever talk about is "have and have nots". They don't get this hasn't got squat to do with money, it has to with religious fanatacism and racial/religious hatred of nonmuslims. Bin Laden is a multimillionaire, he doesn't want money. He hates all nonmuslims and wants them exterminated, he is a an Arab Hitler, yet the libs want to creat a fantasy world around him, turning him into a fighter for their cause of fixing inequality. What ridiculous fools.

Once again we have the Marxist template--"oppressed" groups (minorities) and their leaders only behave badly because they don't have money.

15 posted on 10/03/2001 9:35:58 AM PDT by liberalism=failure
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

I suspect that at least a small part of it is: "The enemy of my enemy is my friend."

What America stands for is rejected by the Libs. It's plain to me that they've worked to destroy it for over a hundred years. I beleive that they feel they have an expedient ally in fundamentalist Islam.

16 posted on 10/03/2001 9:48:49 AM PDT by El Sordo

To: TheMole
Great post every bit of it!

Does she honestly believe that America is responsible for more evil than a bunch of Muslim fanatics who would gas her in a second if they could?

On a smaller scale this is reminscent of Mia Farrow (SP?) standing to applaud CLinton after he was caught with Lewinsky, even though she was a so angry at a husband who did much the same.

As mentioned by others here, the hypocrisy angle. The liberal ability to exempt themselves from their own standards is quite amazing. Hypocrisy is a human failing, that many can fall prey to, but for liberals hypocrisy is their entire existence.

But then that is why Marxism/communism never works, because while the proponents are more than willing to volunteer others to it most are not willing to subject themselves to it. Hence the extreme authoritarianism needed to bind it together, hence the hypocritical elitism of those in control of it, and hence the murderousness that inevitably follows.

17 posted on 10/03/2001 9:52:09 AM PDT by liberalism=failure
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 13 | View Replies]

I think the Serbia/Clinton Terrorism/Bush comparison is likely to hold the answer. Leftists rejoiced when clinton bombed Serbia. Leftists are marching when Bush is proposing to defend America. There is no ideology, there is no logic, there is nothing except pure politics. They hate Bush, they loved clinton (clinton was one of them). If Bush is for it, they are against it. It's just like the feminazis and sexual harrasment. If Clarence Thomas did it, it was wrong. If combat willie did it, it was OK. It's OK if FDR tries to stack the supreme court, as he was "one of them". If the SCOTUS votes in a legitimate vote to throw out gore's protest, that is a "stolen election". It all comes down to rooting for their "home team" and being against the "visitors". Small minds, non-existent logic, ship em all to the Taliban, they'll feel right at home.
18 posted on 10/03/2001 10:03:20 AM PDT by 2 Kool 2 Be 4-Gotten

Funny... how they are suddenly FOR US being more independent on our oil supply.

And I despise the ideals of Bin Laden et al... but since when is someones (a country's) religion Muslim as example of being oppressive to women-any of our business.

Are we to tell Saudi to change and let women be like Hillary? It is a religion and none of our business.

19 posted on 10/03/2001 10:08:06 AM PDT by TaRaRaBoomDeAyGoreLostToday!

Tactical Deception to surprise (keep off-balance) and to gain access to Intelligence so as to when to change tactics and pin!
('SungSue'theory?)
20 posted on 10/03/2001 10:11:03 AM PDT by maestro

Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-24 next last

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson