News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

BUS CRASH SCENE: Photos
Yahoo ^ | October 3, 2001 | Yahoo

Posted on 10/03/2001 9:52:20 AM PDT by TheOtherOne

TOPICS: Extended News; News/Current Events
KEYWORDS:
Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-4041-57 next last

1 posted on 10/03/2001 9:52:20 AM PDT by TheOtherOne
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: TheOtherOne
None show a view of the windshield that the terrorist supposedly went through.
2 posted on 10/03/2001 9:56:31 AM PDT by Jolly Rodgers
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: TheOtherOne
I was looking for photos from the OtherOne, but your's will do. Hey, great shots. Thanks for the post.
3 posted on 10/03/2001 9:56:44 AM PDT by DoughtyOne

To: TheOtherOne,Zorobabel
"I live in Nashville. I have been watching LIVE coverage of the incident. The driver of the bus told the doctor who was preparing him for surgery that

the man who cut his throat was of "middle eastern origin."

I heard the doctor say this with my own ears during a LIVE telephone interview with newschannel 4 anchor babe. The man, according to witnesses kept looking at his watch and coming forward frequently to ask the driver various questions about destinations and reststops etc. He was descibed as "normal" and friendly, right up until he cut the driver's throat and grabbed the wheel and steered the bus across the median.

67 Posted on 10/03/2001 09:39:07 PDT by Zorobabel

4 posted on 10/03/2001 9:57:22 AM PDT by Travis McGee

To: DoughtyOne
The damage to the bus looks minimal. People must have been thrown around violently.
5 posted on 10/03/2001 9:58:59 AM PDT by DoughtyOne
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

Given the relative lack of damage to the bus (at least per the pictures), wouldn't SEAT BELTS have prevented some deaths here??
6 posted on 10/03/2001 10:03:11 AM PDT by nascarnation
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

The damage to the bus looks minimal. People must have been thrown around violently.

For the life of me - no pun intended, hopefully - I have never understood why busses (for both schoolchildren & adults) and trains do not have seatbelts.

7 posted on 10/03/2001 10:03:34 AM PDT by SlickWillard
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

To: Travis McGee
This isn't terrorist related. Nothing to see here move along.
8 posted on 10/03/2001 10:06:08 AM PDT by Joe Hadenuf
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

The driver said he picked him up in St. Louis. Isn't that where those two guys got grounded on the 11th.
9 posted on 10/03/2001 10:06:41 AM PDT by Howlin

To: SlickWillard; murray500
Both of you seem to be right on target with the seatbelt comments. I don't know how anyone could look at these pictures showing such little damage to the bus, realize ten people died and not be asking the same questions regarding seatbelts.
10 posted on 10/03/2001 10:09:03 AM PDT by DoughtyOne
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

To: Joe Hadenuf
I don't know. Type GREYHOUND in 72 point font and then change to wingdings... It's downright scary... (sounds of crinkling tin-foil)
11 posted on 10/03/2001 10:11:31 AM PDT by gridlock
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 8 | View Replies]

To: gridlock
LOL
12 posted on 10/03/2001 10:13:11 AM PDT by TheOtherOne
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 11 | View Replies]

To: Joe Hadenuf,patent,harpseal,Squantos,nunya bidness,pocat
/1/ The greatest danger might not be from active Al Queda cells in the USA. The FBI is hopefully doing a good job of smashing and rolling them up.

/2/ A greater danger are the tens of thousands of anti-American but "unconnected" moslem men in this country who may on their own decide that "today is a good day to meet allah" and collect 72 virgins. If this bus massacre just sprang from the twisted soul of an unconnected moslem, there will be no way to predict or prevent many future actions on these lines, short of mass deportaion and internment. Grade schools, full churches etc might be the next targets to cross their sick minds.

/3/ Our government is still in full denial mode, lauding islam as a peaceful religion, and denying the obvious in this bus massacre.

/4/ If these (spontaneous) acts of terrorism gather momentum and spread, and the government still will not protect the American people, and still allows the vipers to slither among us, then the American people will have to demand action. That's one of the reasons we have the 2nd Amendment. We have been invaded by deadly enemies, and our leaders are still in denial.

13 posted on 10/03/2001 10:15:31 AM PDT by Travis McGee
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 8 | View Replies]

To: SlickWillard
Some school buses do have seatbelts: Seatbelts for School Buses The problem is getting the school systems to require them. They are very inexpensive. A friend of mine prepared this document when he went through the process of forcing a school board in Arizona to install seat belts on their school buses.
14 posted on 10/03/2001 10:17:33 AM PDT by Brown Deer
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

Bus Crash: "The man...had a Middle Eastern accent"
15 posted on 10/03/2001 10:18:05 AM PDT by b4its2late

OK....this is my "tin foil hat" theory....what if.....there were certain cells within the U.S. where a one "code" word would be a trigger to activate these people into this type of action? They made a movie out of it in the early 50's that had the Chinese brain washing our troops.
16 posted on 10/03/2001 10:26:46 AM PDT by smiley

Man , the only copy of the Quran I have is from my time in Desert Storm and it's in Arabic.....alif , dah , bah, rah, ghee..... yap yap yap.....I know I don't have to understand my enemy to kill them but I want to read and figure out if what they preach is lie or somehow truth twisted in their dusty little brain pans......

I will NOT use any form of commercial transportation in this country until goobermint bean counters allow me to take responsibility for my own defense.

The system , can go tit's up completely with my blessing if that is what it takes before these idiots pull their heads out.

Anarchy and Insanity is upon us and we still are in a state (albeit a police state now) of denial, amazing , simply amazing.........

Stay Safe Travis, stay safe..........

17 posted on 10/03/2001 10:30:36 AM PDT by Squantos
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 13 | View Replies]

To: gridlock
"I don't know. Type GREYHOUND in 72 point font and then change to wingdings... "

GREYHOUND

Somebody had to do it...

18 posted on 10/03/2001 10:31:39 AM PDT by PrivateIdaho
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 11 | View Replies]

To: smiley
Was that Telefon or something like that with Charles Bronson ??
19 posted on 10/03/2001 10:32:04 AM PDT by Squantos
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 16 | View Replies]

To: Brown Deer
For whatever it is worth, our public shool system had quite a debate on this very issue, with very strong feelings expressed by many parents pro seat belts.

We had many transportation people advise us, and the final decision was not to install them. I was on the school board at the time, and f few of the reasons for not installing was actually a higher risk of injury from using belts than not using them.

One risk, which has greatly declined with better bus design in recent years, but still remains, is the difficulty of getting children out of a bus if it should roll over and catch fire.

Getting children out of bus quickly if the bus is involved in certain accident situations is very problematic. The varying heights of children sitting in the seats, the problem of maintaining belts so that they function properly, and so on, and so on, contributed to our decision not to install them.

The improved design of the seats themselves, with ample padding on the backs of seats instead of those old metal backs with bars actually provides better safety in most types of crashes experienced by school buses..

I had two children on a school bus that went off the road and overturned back in the 70's, and therefore was originally one of the "seat-belt" proponents, but was convinced otherwise by the experts who advised us.. .

I know others will disagree.

20 posted on 10/03/2001 10:35:23 AM PDT by jacquej
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 14 | View Replies]

Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-4041-57 next last

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson