Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

Is there a FreeRepublic Chapter around here ?
Vanity ^ | ME

Posted on 10/08/2001 12:28:21 PM PDT by the_alfalfanator

I am looking for a chapter in my area, southern Indiana very near to Louisville Kentucky. Thanks

TOPICS: Activism/Chapters; Front Page News; Miscellaneous
KEYWORDS:
Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-4041-6061-68 next last

1 posted on 10/08/2001 12:28:21 PM PDT by the_alfalfanator
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: the_alfalfanator; SLB; MasonGal; Wally Cleaver; pocat; one_particular_harbour; Lion Den Dan
Are you volunteering? Lots of us would join, but we seem like an independent, scruffy bunch.

Seriously, there are a good number of FReepers in the area who have managed to get together informally a number of times. We need someone with organizational and diplomatic skills; that counts me out.

2 posted on 10/08/2001 12:36:24 PM PDT by Fred Mertz
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: the_alfalfanator
Have you checked the FR homepage? Scroll to the bottom and click on "chapters".
3 posted on 10/08/2001 12:37:43 PM PDT by AngrySpud

Ok, how about ,, anyone in the southern Indiana - Louisville area what to start one.
Or should I change my name to the lonefreep?
4 posted on 10/08/2001 12:37:53 PM PDT by the_alfalfanator

To: AngrySpud
I searched, didn't find one, I will try again, thanks
5 posted on 10/08/2001 12:39:34 PM PDT by the_alfalfanator
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

To: Fred Mertz
well it would be nice to get something going, I don't know what running a chapter entails
6 posted on 10/08/2001 12:42:30 PM PDT by the_alfalfanator
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

To: the_alfalfanator; Nick Danger; the irate magistrate
I think FReeper Nick Danger hosts a site with the general rules and where FReeper Chapters can post a home page. Maybe he'll chime in.
7 posted on 10/08/2001 12:49:53 PM PDT by Fred Mertz
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

Peace be with you,

As a temporarily displaced citizen of Indiana, I'd love to help you organize such a chapter. Once I find a job in the Louisville metro area and can move back to Clarksville, I could participate in person.

James R. McClure Jr.
Sir Knight of Columbus

8 posted on 10/08/2001 12:51:16 PM PDT by James R. McClure Jr.
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

"A republic, sir, if you can keep it."

We currently have chapters in the following areas:
Alaska, Arizona, Atlanta Area, Buffalo NY, Central Illinois, Central Pennsylvania, Central Texas, Chicagoland, Colorado, Dallas / North Texas, DC, Florida, Fox Valley IL, Free Dominion Canada, Fresno, Gulf Coast, Hawaii, Indiana, Inland Northwest, Kansas City Area, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Michigan, Midwest, Milwaukee, Minnesota, Mojave/High Desert, New Mexico, Northern Nevada, Oklahoma, Orange County CA, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Puget Sound, Roanoke Valley, Sacramento, San Diego, San Francisco Bay Area, South Carolina, Tri State New York, Utah, West Central Florida, West Tennessee, Western Nebraska, Wisconsin

9 posted on 10/08/2001 12:51:24 PM PDT by deport

To: the_alfalfanator, all
You're not flying your state flag on your profile page. When you do that, you will have a "locale" page that lists any other freepers also flying that state flag, and each state also has its own message board on the locale page. So it's easier to get a chapter going that way, if one doesn't already exist.

I forgot where you go on FR to get your state flag; maybe it's an option when editing your profile page? Perhaps someone who sees this can tell you for sure

10 posted on 10/08/2001 12:51:24 PM PDT by hellinahandcart

I see you are new, so one of the first things you have to do is "click" on your own name so that you can edit your profile. I think up in the upper left of the "profile" page you can find Indiana. After you enter that you will be able to find out everyone else who is a FReeper in Indiana. Start with that, and FReep-mail some of those people to see what's up in Indiana...

Check out INDIANA

Also, you can click on my name at the bottom of this post and you can learn a little about me. Click on the Missouri flag and you can see who all belongs to FReeRepublic in Missouri.

Also, I would guess that only a little over half of FReepers "Fly" their state flags. I guess its because they don't want anyone to know where they are from....but this info can come in pretty handy if there is an activity in your area.

Ashland, Missouri

11 posted on 10/08/2001 12:55:22 PM PDT by rface

To: hellinahandcart, all
Thanks , I went to the chapters page and found that the link for Kentucky was dead. I will try the state flag thing.
12 posted on 10/08/2001 12:55:28 PM PDT by the_alfalfanator
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 10 | View Replies]

Comment #13 Removed by Moderator

Comment #14 Removed by Moderator

Try contacting Wattsup via FReepmail. He'd maybe be interested.
15 posted on 10/08/2001 1:45:28 PM PDT by sweetliberty

To: sweetliberty; Wattsup
Does Wattsup know how to click on the "Self Search" link? I hope so. I just flagged him to this thread.
16 posted on 10/08/2001 1:54:19 PM PDT by Fred Mertz
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 15 | View Replies]

I will find out. Will have him check it out.
17 posted on 10/08/2001 2:21:58 PM PDT by sweetliberty
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 16 | View Replies]

"...diplomatic skills; that counts me out..."

No-shit, Fred!

I'm sorry, pal. I just couldn't pass that up. You know I love ya....Gad, I haven't laughed for a week! Stay well and Vigilant, my friend....FRegards

18 posted on 10/08/2001 3:02:54 PM PDT by gonzo

Hey - I'm in southern IN, too!! Been a member of FR for 3+ years - and have met one other freeper in southern IN - but have met several over in Lou. I've been wanting a chapter here for quite some time.
19 posted on 10/08/2001 4:42:05 PM PDT by MasonGal

To: one_particular_harbour
Yep - sure do - thanks for the ping!! :))
20 posted on 10/08/2001 4:43:28 PM PDT by MasonGal
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 14 | View Replies]

Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-4041-6061-68 next last

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson