Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

***Pray For Rush***
Stardate: 0110.9

Posted on 10/09/2001 6:40:30 AM PDT by The Wizard

Throughout the dark clinton years there was one voice who carried the water for America, and one voice that gave FreeRepublic.com national recgonition: Rush Limbaugh.

I ask my fellow Freepers to say a prayer for Rush's hearing, so he might continue the good fight in support of America, and her blessings.....

Remember, it was Rush that told us the true story of Thanksgiving, and was a light across the darkness.....

I pray our Father might smile down on Rush, and give him enough hearing to carry on, work he carries on for America.

TOPICS: Miscellaneous; Your Opinion/Questions
KEYWORDS:

1 posted on 10/09/2001 6:40:30 AM PDT by The Wizard
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: The Wizard
Thank you so much for starting this!

I was about to ask on another thread if a prayer thread had been started for him. I did a search instead, and this popped up.

Prayers for Rush already started yesterday and are ongoing!

2 posted on 10/09/2001 6:43:02 AM PDT by BlessedBeGod
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: BlessedBeGod
I realize it's all we can do, but Prayer can do many things, maybe this will help.......God Bless
3 posted on 10/09/2001 6:50:53 AM PDT by The Wizard
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

Hey, I'm with you on this!

Listen though! Rush is a tough guy and a survivor

He'll make it just fine. If he can't hear, he'll overcome it. If deafness makes it impossible to keep broadcasting the way he's doing it now, he'll find another way.

As a matter of fact, This might be one of those "blessings in diguise" sort of things that could open up all kinds of new opportunities, who knows?

I've heard it said that the Lord works in mysterious ways....

4 posted on 10/09/2001 6:52:47 AM PDT by WhiteGuy

To: BlessedBeGod
Rush has, albeit in mock-bombastic fashion, given God the glory all along:

"With talent on loan from God"

May that talent be restored to him, and may God be glorified through it.
Amen.

One way Rush could get the material to take off from, if telephone caller interaction becomes impossible, would be just from reading threads of FR. Another is to exploit tape delay to give time for his staff to transcribe calls for him. That requires a lot of reliance on his staff. And transitions would require care to be made natural-sounding . . . the commercial break gives time for catch-up. It would mean no break for Rush during that time, tho . . .

5 posted on 10/09/2001 7:02:26 AM PDT by conservatism_IS_compassion
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

To: the night shift
Bump for Rush
6 posted on 10/09/2001 3:23:00 PM PDT by The Wizard
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

Rush, G-d bless him, is the quintessential Communicator. He WILL overcome and work with whatever limitations come out of this fight. Let everyone say a prayer for his complete recovery this Friday at Noon. Your choice of prayer and religion .
7 posted on 10/09/2001 3:39:19 PM PDT by Postman

Rush was always deaf ... your prayers would have to be retroactive.
8 posted on 10/09/2001 3:40:45 PM PDT by RDSmith

To: Postman
Dittos to all that! ;^D
9 posted on 10/09/2001 3:41:56 PM PDT by BlueHorseShoe
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

Dear Heavenly Father: Please comfort, heal and bless our brother, Rush Limbaugh. Guide the medical folks and other professionals with wisdom and understanding. We pray for a miracle on his behalf. In Jesus' Name. Amen! For victory & freedom!!!
10 posted on 10/09/2001 3:43:16 PM PDT by Saundra Duffy

I will join you all in praying for Rush. God still works miracles....may He touch Rush's ears with His healing hand.....
11 posted on 10/09/2001 3:45:11 PM PDT by Momto2

To: WhiteGuy
You are so right, God does work in mysterious ways. While this is a devastating burden, Rush is up to the challenge of overcoming it. He will continue to be an inspiration for all of us.

May God Bless and keep him on his way back to wellness!

12 posted on 10/09/2001 3:47:00 PM PDT by Mother Nature
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

Comment #13 Removed by Moderator

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson