Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

President Unloads on Congressional Leaks!
CNN | 10/9/01 | George W. Bush

Posted on 10/09/2001 1:11:07 PM PDT by Dems_R_Losers

Woohoo! President Bush is opening up a can of whoop-*ss on Congresscritters leaking classified information. Really slammed "anyone who leaks classified information while our troops are in harm's way." Said he would not stand for it!He was really on fire in this press conference! Also referred to "the evil ones" instead of "terrorists." GO GEORGE GO!!!

TOPICS: News/Current Events
KEYWORDS:
Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-4041-6061-8081-89 next last

1 posted on 10/09/2001 1:11:07 PM PDT by Dems_R_Losers
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: Dems_R_Losers
What press conference was this? Did it just happen? DAMN! I missed it!
2 posted on 10/09/2001 1:12:53 PM PDT by rintense
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

Who's in the hot seat here? Do you know who the culprit/s is who said "100% chance of attack should we retaliate?"
3 posted on 10/09/2001 1:13:49 PM PDT by BlueHorseShoe

To: rintense
I missed it too. Just saw W. walking into the WH afterwards. I was too busy watching the Braves beat the Astros!!
4 posted on 10/09/2001 1:15:04 PM PDT by Pokey78
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

To: Pokey78
I believe that was the shot across the bow. Any more leaks will be investigated by the FBI and CIA.

Go directly to jail, Do NOT pass go......

5 posted on 10/09/2001 1:21:49 PM PDT by jbstrick
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

I liked how he CAME BACK to blasting Congressmen. To bring it up so forcefuly TWICE in a press conference was very significant.
6 posted on 10/09/2001 1:22:21 PM PDT by Benrand

To: jbstrick
If leaks cause our boys to die, then jail it is...

I believe that was the shot across the bow. Any more leaks will be investigated by the FBI and CIA. Go directly to jail, Do NOT pass go......

7 posted on 10/09/2001 1:26:45 PM PDT by GOPJ
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

To: rintense
President Bush was going to just make a few remarks after meeting with German PM Schroeder, but he decided to take a few questions. The presstitutes barraged him with questions about reports earlier today that he planned to severely curtail Congressional briefings. He really took off on this and hammered Congressional leakers, said that "some people seem to not take their responsibility seriously enough." I was startled by how fiery he was in his words as well as his tone. Very feisty and extremely confident. He is really a changed man, God bless him.
8 posted on 10/09/2001 1:27:23 PM PDT by Dems_R_Losers
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

To: BlueHorseShoe
Do you know who the culprit/s is who said "100% chance of attack

I had read somewhere that it was Orrin Hatch. He referred to "evil doers" more than once. He was very tough about the leaks.

9 posted on 10/09/2001 1:31:31 PM PDT by LibertarianLiz
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

Hey, I missed that too! Anyone got a transcript?

I just got word via email from my brother that he's headed "over there", well, he put it: "I can't say where, but this is one place Domino's Pizza won't make the 30 minute promise."

He's an AF engineer, has lots of experience laying down air strips in "hot spots". Please include him in your prayers.

10 posted on 10/09/2001 1:31:42 PM PDT by village idiot

I saw it. Truly amazing. Fleischer was grilled about the leak(s), too, but would not reveal whether it was a single incident or one person. Maybe it was B O.
11 posted on 10/09/2001 1:31:52 PM PDT by Jackie

Darn! I would have loved to have seen this one. Any chance it will be on the lame stream nightly snooze? Probably not.
12 posted on 10/09/2001 1:32:45 PM PDT by TXBubba

To: Jackie
The press is making fools out of themselves, IMO.
13 posted on 10/09/2001 1:34:29 PM PDT by Howlin
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 11 | View Replies]

To: TXBubba
Looks like I was wrong. They actually covered it on the hourly news on the radio. Maybe they will cover it later.
14 posted on 10/09/2001 1:34:34 PM PDT by TXBubba
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 12 | View Replies]

To: LibertarianLiz
I am fascinated by who it was who leaked to the NYT. The Hatch incident happened so long ago and I got the impression from the media today that the incident to which Bush was referring was much more recent.

My gut is that it is a Democrat Congressman. Perhaps Condit trying to polish his reputation among journalists.

15 posted on 10/09/2001 1:35:59 PM PDT by MHT
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 9 | View Replies]

To: Pokey78
I missed it too. Just saw W. walking into the WH afterwards. I was too busy watching the Braves beat the Astros!!

As we Houstonians are "fond" of saying, if it's October, the disAstros must be losing.

16 posted on 10/09/2001 1:37:03 PM PDT by Gorest Gump
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

To: TXBubba
Any chance it will be on the lame stream nightly snooze?

Doubt it, but Fox probably will. Janet Parshall has been playing some of his remarks on her radio show.

He was not happy.

17 posted on 10/09/2001 1:37:12 PM PDT by mombonn
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 12 | View Replies]

To: village idiot
I used to be an "ordinance troop" in the AF in the 70s-80s, used to haul PSP around with the engineers to lay temp runways in various and sundry tropical parts of the world.

Your brother will be in my prayers.

18 posted on 10/09/2001 1:37:49 PM PDT by TheRealLobo
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 10 | View Replies]

To: MHT
My understanding is that it was the SENATE Intelligence Committee. That would rule out Condit.

Anyone have a list of who's on the Senate Intelligence Committee?

19 posted on 10/09/2001 1:39:10 PM PDT by what's up
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 15 | View Replies]

I saw it. He was pissed. I saw that he called them the evil ones too. Sen. Carl Levin-D is on now saying that his restrictions are too broad, but that he understands the need to keep certain things out of the hands of Congress. He said hopefully the Executive Branch is being scolded too because some DoD guys had been saying too much...
20 posted on 10/09/2001 1:41:15 PM PDT by cactmh

Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-4041-6061-8081-89 next last

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson