Skip to comments.Five reasons Romney should pick Hillary as his VP (Vanity)
Posted on 04/11/2012 7:18:35 PM PDT by NorthernCrunchyCon
5. It would shore up Romney's popularity with women voters.
4. A Romney/Hillary ticket would increase GOP appeal among moderates and independents in blue states and swing states, as well as minority voters concerned with Romney's Mormonism.
3. A Romney/Hillary ticket would distance the GOP from GW Bush, the Tea Party and the religious right in the minds of voters.
2. Hillary was born into and raised in an Republican establishment family.
1. The most important thing this election is to stop Obama before he can do four more years of damage.
Step away from the crackpipe.
You’re 10 days late.
You joined FR on Valentines Day just so you could post this crap?
LOL I love it.
As much as he needs to, I doubt Romney will pick somebody more conservative than he is for the bottom of the ticket.
You see what you did there? You went full retard. You n.ever go full retard
Dave’s not here man.
Nobody takes the DC Kabuki Theatre seriously anymore.
You so Cwazahh!
A heart beat away? I think not!!
A joke, right? Ha ha ha? Right?
Given that this is about all of the entirety of reason that both Romneybots and would-be Romneybots are giving on FR threads these days to get behind Romney -- they should actually (if they had an ounce of consistency in their bones, which most of them don't), get behind this #1 reason bandwagon you've put up here.
How 'bout it..."We can't have 4 more years of Obama" Freepers? How 'bout it "I won't allow an Obama re-election" Freepers?
This should be quite appealing to you Romneybots & would-be Romneybots...
...since you've already tossed your asocialism to the wind...
...& hurled your pro-life sentiments out the Romney window...
...& jettisoned your "don't elect liberal judges" sensibilities...
Let's face it: We all know Romney's already a liberal & needs to move even further Left (he thinks) to get the liberal independents. This would also put the Dem vote in play, too.
There's not enough liberal voters in the country to vote for two mainstream liberal candidates. Romney's got to make a direct pitch for the further-left liberal vote.
After all, he's already got the "we-vote-for-(R)-no matter-what-crowd" in political bondage. Why cater to them?
The no-compromise principled vote won't vote for either Obama or Romney...So Romney doesn't have to worry about that group ebbing away to Obama.
6. Fort Marcy Park needs the publicity.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.