I have flown in to LA from Honolulu many times. We passed over Catalina a lot. But we were heading East. That missile was heading West by North.
Pure propaganda. No way that was an airplane.
If you see a turtle on a fence post you should assume someone put it there. If you see a sham cover up from an IslandTurtle it seems to me that the same assumption should be made. The next thought is why?
This is hogwash. At the time USA808 would have been "over" Catalina Island at 5:03 PM PST. The Military MOA W289 and W289N were both active, these two MOA's literally cut Catalina Island in half.
All commercial traffic inbound and out bound to SOCAL Area are routed well north of these two MOA's.
“Mysterious missile launch most likely US Air flight 808”
It was a white man in a white van.
What was that lame excuse they came up with when a missle brought down TWA Flight 800 back in ‘96?
An exploding fuel tank?
The government knuckleheads need to start telling the truth about something.
According to Business Insider, ‘top aviation journalist’ Jon Ostrower said via twitter that he was 100% convinced it was a jet.
From website Instapundit.com:
“Reader Larry Rachman writes: Sounds like those aliens from that faked oil rig explosion are finally heading home. Godspeed.”
Also from website Instapundit.com, a letter
from Cliff Beach who says he was in the army - missile defense for 22 years, says the following ( summary quotes):
“So if this was a missile, the DoD knows it was within a few seconds.”
“Adding to the belief that it is unlikely DoD is withholding info is the fact that DoD has no pubic relations staff sitting around ready to confirm that a passenger jet was flying in the sky near our west coast. They probably have not the foggiest idea how to absolutely confirm that jet A caused contrail B seen by public C and ensure it is believed by conspiracy theorists D, E, and F. “
Has anyone tracked where it might have ended up?
I cite these reasons:
1) If it WAS a missile launch, how come there were no reports of the USAF Defense Support Program satellite or its Russian equivalent tracking the IR plume of the rocket from sea level up?
2) Wouldn't we see the a very strong contrail of a Trident II (D-5) rocket from the ground up?
3) Wouldn't the contrail from the rocket move REALLY fast? On most modern SLBM's, by the time the rocket reaches 100,000 feet it would be travelling at over Mach 3. As such, the contrail moved slowly, which rules out a modern long-range ballistic missile or even the RIM-161 Standard Missile-3 space interceptor missile.
4) There are no rocket launch facilities on the Channel Islands, so that rules out the use of sounding rockets, especially since sounding rocket launch facilities are all located inside Vandenberg AFB grounds.
5) There are no reports of any ships capable of launching the RIM-161 SM-3 missile in the supposed launch area, so that rules out a launch of such a missile.
6) I have my serious doubts that a Russian or Chinese SSBN submarine would operate so close to the USA. Standard operating policy for Russian SSBN's is to operate in Arctic waters to take advantage of the protection of the Arctic ice pack, and the Chinese Type 094 SSBN would operate close to the Chinese coast, since its primary targets would industrial, military and urban centers along the US West Coast from Bellingham, WA all the way to San Diego.
My money is still on a “big ole jet airliner” contrail.
An ICBM is not going to be spin stabilized, so why would it leave a corkscrew contrail?
Airliners on the other hand, often leave a spiraling contrail, particularly the 747.
Likely not. Right out of the of the disinfo. playbook. If the U.S. government can't or refuses to explain it. It is time to BS it.
Likely not. Right out of the disinformation playbook. If the U.S. government can't or refuses to explain it. It is time to BS it.
I’ve never seen a clearer, more obvious case of swamp gas in my entire life.
This is an complete lie.
I have never seen a contrail that looked remotely like that one except in films of missile firings or old films of JATO takeoffs but they didn’t last that long.
US Airs flight 808 from Honolulu to Phoenix, eh? I didn’t know US Air was running hypersonic suborbital shuttle flights. Cool!