Skip to comments.Top Ten Movie Quotes
Posted on 11/20/2010 7:29:58 AM PST by JoeProBono
1. "There's no place like home." -- Dorothy Gale as played by Judy Garland in the movie 'The Wizard of Oz'
2. "I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse." -- Vito Corleone as played by Marlon Brando in the movie 'The Godfather'
3. "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn." -- Rhett Butler as played by Clark Gable in the movie 'Gone With the Wind'
4. "Here's looking at you, kid." -- Rick Blaine as played by Humphrey Bogart in the movie 'Casablanca'
5. "Go ahead, make my day." -- Harry Callahan as played by Clint Eastwood in the movie 'Sudden Impact'
6. "May the Force be with you." -- Han Solo as played by Harrison Ford in the movie 'Star Wars'
7. "I'll be back." -- The Terminator as played by Arnold Schwarzenegger in the movie 'The Terminator'
8. "You talkin' to me?" -- Travis Bickle as played by Robert De Niro in the movie 'Taxi Driver'
9. "Say hello to my little friend!" -- Tony Montana as played by Al Pacino in the movie 'Scarface'
10. "What we do in life, echoes in eternity." -- Maximus as played by Russell Crowe in the movie 'Gladiator'
“I dunno, birds gotta eat, same as worms.”
(Not work friendly...)
#9 and #10 are pretty weak.
It ain’t a real list unless “show me the money” is on it.
“I love the smell of napalm in the morning.”
11.-”I’ll murda ya”- Moses Horwitz to Jerome Horwitz.
“Heineken?!?!?....F that S....Pabst Blue Ribbon!” - Blue Velvet
My wife had “say hello to my little friend” for a ring tone on my phone I liked it until we were at dinner one night and I went to the restroom she called it and sure enough the volume was up and the mens room had other clients and nervous laughter filled the room
“No.” - Marcel Marceau (Silent Movie)
12. “No matter where you go, there you are.” — Buckaroo Banzai as played by Peter Weller in ‘The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension’
“I’m here to kick as a chew gum. And I’m all out of gum!” Roddy Piper in “They Live”
A few I’ve always like from the late, great John Vernon:
“There’s another old saying, Senator. Don’t p*ss don’t my back and tell me it’s raining.” - The Outlaw Josey Wales.
“I made it through Korea, I can make it through this bulls—t!” - Killer Klowns from Outer Space.
“I *hate* those guys” - Animal House.
I love that movie!
Have you ever seen Frank the Magic Dragon?
(Profanity at link, as you might expect).
“I kill a communist for fun...but for a Green Card, I gonna carve him up real nice.”
His sista was hot in that movie
Is this a great country, or what? —Bill Blazejowski (Michael Keaton) in NightShift (1982)
(And then of course, my tag line.)
"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son."
“You’ll shoot your eye out, kid”
“Fill your hand, you son-of-a-bitch!”
I was thinking of Cagney in White Heat—don’t know the exact quote but it’s something like..”Look at me, Ma...top of the world” . He also makes some sly remark to Virginia Mayo about her “looking good in a shower curtain”. Jimmy Cagney was my first crush!
“What we have here, is a failure to communicate!” Cool Hand Luke. 1967
“I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I’m all out of bubblegum”
"You can't handle the truth!"
Sean Connery as Captain Marco Ramius, Hunt For Red October
“A little revolution, now and then, can be a good thing, don’t you think?”
Tom Logan in "The Missouri Breaks" as played by Jack Nickolson
“You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle dixie?”
“A man’s gotta know his limitations.”
“Nag, nag, nag...”
“That’s a high price to pay for being stylish.”
“They call me Mister TIBBS!”
“We got the motive which is money and the body which is DEAD.”
“What we got here is failure to communicate.”
“If you build it, he will come.”
“I said I never had much use for one; I never said I didn’t know how to use it.”
“Bodges? Wih don’ nid no steenking bodges!”
“A village betrays us, a village is burned; the point is made.”
“Your point, their village...”
“Like I told my last wife, I said “Honey, I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it’s all in the reflexes.””
Kurt Russell as Jack Burton in Big Trouble in Little China
I`m your hucklelberry
What we have here is a failure to communicate
We`re in a tight spot
Rick: How can you close me up? On what grounds?
Captain Renault: I’m shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here!
[a croupier hands Renault a pile of money]
Croupier: Your winnings, sir.
Captain Renault Oh, thank you very much.
Captain Renault: Everybody out at once!
Better get three coffins ready.
My mistake - four coffins.
E.T. phone home.
Speaking of Cagney, “One Two Three” is in my Top 5 All-Time favorites:
“The only royalty we know are Count Basie, Duke Snider, and Earl Wilson.”
And then, basically, every single line of dialog from "Ghostbusters", from which the smallest of samples includes:
Ray, when someone asks you if you're a god, you say "YES"!
Aim for the flattop!
Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!
Why worry? Each one of us is carrying an unlicensed nuclear accelerator on his back.
Back off man, I'm a scientist.
And this is probably my favorite favorite, and was my first .sig on usenet back in the 1980's: "Sorry, Venkman, I'm terrified beyond the capacity for rational thought."
“Shoot straight you bastards...don’t make a mess of it.” - Breaker Morant
“Yes it’s true...this man has no d...k”
“Did I.Q.s just drop sharply while I was away?”
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.