Skip to comments.Glenn Beck makes it official – He’s leaving New York City
Posted on 04/16/2011 8:30:21 PM PDT by 2ndDivisionVet
Conservative talk show host Glenn Beck announced Saturday he has finally sold his Connecticut home and will be moving out of New York City in the near future.
After a year of teasing on both his radio and television programs, Beck made the announcement during a live broadcast on GlennBeck.com from Albany, New York. Beck said leaving New York would be part of his post-Fox News life.
Other notes from the broadcast (via @JoeBrooks):
- Glenn Beck said there were Pro-Glenn Protesters outside the theater today.
- When Glenn Beck brought up Donald Trump a few people in the audience began cheering, Glenn replied, Really?
- I dont know where [Obama is from] I dont think hes from where they issue birth certificates I think hes from Hell.
- Glenn in a Satan voice: Put your little hooves on this paper refering to Barack Obamas birth certificate
- Its time to take personal responsibility and its time to be honest with the American People.
- Glenn Beck places Allen West as President and Michelle Bachmann as VP. Someone in crowd yells Ron Paul He says I have plans for Ron Paul
- Glenn says that Ron Paul should be Sec of Treasury, and as Secretary of Defense would be no one, we have Allen West as President.
- Glenn Beck: @theblaze is only the beginning of news and information that i will be providing for radio, television, and internet.
- Glenn Beck: Im about to build a research department that will utilize the idle brains that we have, retired CIA, military, phds
- Glenn Beck: Im going to make sure that Stephen Colbert and Jon Stewart dont occupy the space of comedy alone.
- Glenn Beck: What you are about to see in a few months is a new way to communicate with each other
- Glenn says he going to build a way to deliver news directly to the youth of America.
- Glenn Beck: We were each born with a purpose, born at this time for a reason. I dont care what your [situation] is, your job is. You were born here for a purpose and the first thing youve got to do is have no fear. Have no fear.
- Glenn Beck: The last thing I will be doing, I will be leaving New York City.
- Glenn Beck: As we build a new media Im not building it in New York.
- Glenn Beck: [America isn't great] because we only have two crappy castles, one in Florida and one in Anaheim. (joking about Disneys castles).
- In the Q&A session Glenn says the only time hed be running is when hes yelling at other people to RUN! (as in for the hills).
LOL great post!
Also, what kind of social life could a person like him have in a place that is rife with “progressives”?
What do you mean ‘rife with progressives’?
There are plenty of conservatives in New York City, you can trust me on this, because I know all of them. The five of us meet for drinks/dinner every other Wednesday night.
I read something last night that said Glenn is moving to Texas.
He'd fit right in. As of 2009, one in 87 Texans is LDS. Here's the stats.
Percent LDS, 1.1
Had LTC West been a flag officer, I'd probably not vote for him, because once an officer pins on a star, he becomes a politician. You could even say that once an officer pins on eagles, he's a politician in training, or a wanna-be politician. What appeals to me about LTC West, Herman Cain and Donald Trump is that they're not politicians, they're real world leaders.
Scouts Out! Cavalry Ho!
Laundered through several of the 300+ "Charitable" organizations he funds?
It sounds to me like somebody got to him. Threats? It was right after he went after Soros that this major change of events took place.
the author sucks. but Beck see that you can’t beat evil without a fight. He wants out of NYC because that is no place to be when thing get worse and for him personally people are against him there so he doesn’t feel safe. That and he has plans to help America. yeah Glenn’s all over the map. But he wants to do something drastic to save America.
No income tax in Tennessee, either...and the property taxes are a hell of a lot lower than Texas.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.