Skip to comments.Hitler Baptized as a Mormon
Posted on 03/04/2012 7:48:55 PM PST by Ben Barrack
As the Nevada Republican Caucus returns were coming in last month, CNN's John King referred to Mitt Romney as Governor Mormon. Without correcting himself, he used the word Mormon four times in nine seconds. While some may argue it was an innocent slip, others will say it was Freudian in nature.
A short time later, King's network did a story on a bizarre Mormon practice that involves posthumously baptizing non-Mormons by proxy. In the report, the parents of Nazi hunter Simon Wiesenthal were identified as having been subjected to such a practice. Holocaust survivor Elie Wiesel, who was interviewed for the CNN story, unhappily responded to revelations that he himself had been placed on such a list.
In its report, CNN cited Helen Radkey as the person who discovered these unusual baptisms. Radkey is a former Mormon who claims that, Jewish Holocaust names are regularly going into the Mormon database. The report concluded with a reference to Romney actually participating in such proxy baptisms. The message was clear but subtle; Romney is part of this.
Radkey is an extremely key figure, not so much for what she provided to CNN for that story but what she still has yet to provide.
About one week later, the Independent, MSNBC, and Yahoo News all reported that the iconic diarist and heroine, Nazi-era Anne Frank had been posthumously baptized nine times by the Mormon church. Yahoo News cleverly segued from this story to an unrelated story about a Romney comment during a Republican debate, in what appeared to be an attempt to subtly connect the two stories.
Comedy Central's Stephen Colbert went even further by inviting a Jewish intern onto his set during his program and asked him to hold a hot dog while Cobert cut off the tip with a...
(Excerpt) Read more at redcounty.com ...
But y'all wait, with bated breath, for any NEW 'revelations' from SLC headquarters.
Wait a minute. As Elz noted, we're told all the time by Mormons that even what past Lds "prophets" have said isn't "official" (unless it becomes "scripture")...and who knows how long you have to wait for that to happen!
Why are present statements made by Mormon PR guys "official" & past statements made by Mormon "prophets" & "apostles" deemed by Mormons to be "unoofficial?"
Why do PR guys trump your past leaders as "voices" of the Lord? (And where is that "biblical" -- or even any claimed written "sacred" work of the Mormon church?
ATTITUDES OF SUPERIORITY
1. Im Superior; I have a special gift of the holy Ghost -- you dont!
2. Im Superior; I have Gods true priesthood power -- you dont!
3. Im Superior; I can go in Gods secret Temple -- you cant!
4. Im Superior; Ive been Endowed with special Gifts and Knowledge -- youre just normal!
5. Im Superior; Ill have my family with me in heaven -- youll be with strangers!
6. Im Superior; Im becoming a God -- you arent!
7. Im Superior; My women know their place as servants of man and yours dont.
8. Im Superior; YOUR creeds are wrong because they come from man - mine comes from God (you can find each one printed in our Scriptures).
9. Im Superior; I dont HAVE a creed - Ive got 13 Articles of Faith.
10. I'm Superior; I have 4 "Bibles"-- the standard works (5 if you count the JST) -- you've only got one: in as far as it is translated correctly.
11. Im Superior; I can lie with impunity about such things as church membership, church growth, church doctrine, church history, church influence, etc. -- You cant.
12. Im Superior; I am right (everybody knows) when I say 'evangelical' Christians are lunatics --
-- Youre a hideous narrow-minded bigot, who is persecuting me by practicing discrimination by saying I'm not a Christian.
13. I'm Superior; I have a testimony about a prophet -- you don't.
14. I'm Superior; I have a Scripture-producing Amos 3:7 prophet -- you don't
15. Im Superior; I have a Living Prophet who talks to god every day -- you have a dim-witted hireling of Satan who only talks to himself.
16. I'm Superior; I have my calling & election made sure -- you don't.
17. Im Superior; I have magic underwear to protect me from the bogey man -- you dont.
18. Im Superior; I have secret clasps and grips to give the angel so I get admitted to the celestial kingdom -- you dont ;so you cant.
19. I'm Superior; I know secret handshake codes for afterlife entrances-- you don't.
20. Im Superior; I will see Joseph Smith setting on the right hand of GOD, when I get to Mormon heaven, and he will recognize me and judge me favorably -- Youre on your own; when you get to wherever youre going!
21. Im Superior; Im going to hie to Kolob -- youre going to who knows where.
22. Im Superior; I get to have a harem and act like a celestial stud for time and all eternity -- you dont.
23. Im Superior; I have sun stones, moon stones, sky stones, cloud stones, Saturn stones, and the evil eye of Osirus guarding my temple
-- You have nothing but a stupid cross.
24. Im Superior; My church has billions in assets stashed away -- yours has taken a stupid vow of poverty.
25. I'm Superior; Last - we have the power to keep a whole race out of our priesthood if we wanted to reinsert our 148-year legacy (we ARE still keeping an entire GENDER at bay!)
26. I'm superior; I have the "higher law" -- everyone else "lives under the "lesser law' because I say so...(over and over).
Semi-Official creed of the EXclusive club of Freeper Flying Inmans.
All rights liable to be abused.
What really frosts these apologists for this cult is the fact that WE DO understand their practices. Sadly, THEY do not understand the Bible else they would be running away from the blasphemous Smithian cult.
Which is highly unlikely, for they have LOTS of 'scripture' that they do NOT obey NOW!!
"Now if any of you will deny the plurality of wives, and continue to do so, I promise that you will be damned;
and I will go still further and say, take this revelation, or any other revelation that the Lord has given,
and deny it in your feelings, and I promise that you will be damned.
Brigham Young - JoD 3:266 (July 14, 1855)
I CANNOT vouch for the OFFICIALNESS of the above!!
I CANNOT vouch for the OFFICIALNESS of the below; either!!
Maybe channeling Mormondude would help ???
Someone in Mormondom MUST know surely just how the lucky newly wet specter is suppose to communicate their appreciation and sustaining for such magnanimous consideration ...
or the unlikely distain...
Thanks for the link. Much more concise than my ramblings stating the same thing.
Mormons always pull 1 Cor out of context as a ‘proof text’ but don’t really understand it. They do the same thing with James.
There's that superior attitude popping up from the n00b..
OOPS!...must remember to read the thread before posting. Oh well, it doesn’t hurt to have a duplicate now and then.
I dont expect you to get the practice if you continue to mock it. Seek first to understand...
- - - -
Oh, I understand the practice just fine, which is exactly WHY I mock it. Been there done that.
Like many other of their doctrines, Mormons take one verse out of context from the Bible and build an entire unbiblical teaching on it.
Would you like to discuss the real point and context of 1 Cor 15:29?
Here is a link to get you started. And welcome to FR, perhaps you will be like some other Mormons here on FR who ended up leaving Mormonism and coming to the Christ of the Bible.
We dont seek after signs. In fact, there are warnings against it.
- - - -
You are correct that there are biblical warning against seeking signs. However, Mormons DO incessantly seek after signs. Moroni’s promise is a good example and it is also unbiblical.
There is nothing in the Bible that says we are to pray to know the truth.
Finally, Joseph Smith’s entire history is FULL of his seeking of signs.
Everyone read this link of Blue’s, it is article after article about how special lds are because they baptize dead people (no it is not the same as seeing dead people) (and no it is not Biblical either).
So one liberal columnist isn’t offended, while 90% of practicing Jews ARE offended and you believe the liberal? How Mormon of you.
And, did you notice the same old mormon ploy...blame the messenger..last paragraph about Helen Radkey.
The article on the baptism of Jews and the mormons excuses are all doing one good thing...they are keeping the ridiculous cultic dead-dunking front and center in the minds of voters!
I’m getting my rock and hat ready.
NOt SOME folks reading this thread may NOT know to what you refer....
"Now the way he translated was he put the urim and thummim into his hat and Darkned his Eyes than he would take a sentance and it would apper in Brite Roman Letters. Then he would tell the writer and he would write it. Then that would go away the next sentance would Come and so on. But if it was not Spelt rite it would not go away till it was rite, so we see it was marvelous. Thus was the hol [whole] translated."---Joseph Knight's journal.
"In writing for your father I frequently wrote day after day, often sitting at the table close by him, he sitting with his face buried in his hat, with the stone in it, and dictating hour after hour with nothing between us."
(History of the RLDS Church, 8 vols.(Independence, Missouri: Herald House,1951),"Last Testimony of Sister Emma [Smith Bidamon]," 3:356.
"I, as well as all of my father's family, Smith's wife, Oliver Cowdery and Martin Harris, were present during the translation. . . . He [Joseph Smith] did not use the plates in translation."
---(David Whitmer,as published in the "Kansas City Journal," June 5, 1881,and reprinted in the RLDS "Journal of History", vol. 8, (1910), pp. 299-300.
In an 1885 interview, Zenas H. Gurley, then the editor of the RLDS Saints Herald, asked Whitmer if Joseph had used his "Peep stone" to do the translation. Whitmer replied:
"... he used a stone called a "Seers stone," the "Interpreters" having been taken away from him because of transgression. The "Interpreters" were taken from Joseph after he allowed Martin Harris to carry away the 116 pages of Ms [manuscript] of the Book of Mormon as a punishment, but he was allowed to go on and translate by use of a "Seers stone" which he had, and which he placed in a hat into which he buried his face, stating to me and others that the original character appeared upon parchment and under it the translation in English."
"Martin Harris related an incident that occurred during the time that he wrote that portion of the translation of the Book of Mormon which he was favored to write direct from the mouth of the Prophet Joseph Smith. He said that the Prophet possessed a seer stone, by which he was enabled to translate as well as from the Urim and Thummim, and for convenience he then used the seer stone, Martin explained the translation as follows: By aid of the seer stone, sentences would appear and were read by the Prophet and written by Martin and when finished he would say 'Written,' and if correctly written that sentence would disappear and another appear in its place, but if not written correctly it remained until corrected, so that the translation was just as it was engraven on the plates, precisely in the language then used."
(Edward Stevenson, "One of the Three Witnesses,"reprinted from Deseret News, 30 Nov. 1881in Millennial Star, 44 (6 Feb. 1882): 86-87.)
In 1879, Michael Morse, Emma Smith's brother-in-law, stated:"When Joseph was translating the Book of Mormon [I] had occasion more than once to go into his immediate presence, and saw him engaged at his work of translation. The mode of procedure consisted in Joseph's placing the Seer Stone in the crown of a hat, then putting his face into the hat, so as to entirely cover his face, resting his elbows upon his knees, and then dictating word after word, while the scribes Emma, John Whitmer, O. Cowdery, or some other wrote it down."
(W.W. Blair interview with Michael Morse,Saints Herald, vol. 26, no. 12June 15, 1879, pp. 190-91.)
Joseph Smith's brother William also testified to the "face in the hat" version:"The manner in which this was done was by looking into the Urim and Thummim, which was placed in a hat to exclude the light, (the plates lying near by covered up), and reading off the translation, which appeared in the stone by the power of God"("A New Witness for Christ in America,"Francis W. Kirkham, 2:417.)
"The manner in which he pretended to read and interpret was the same manner as when he looked for the money-diggers, with the stone in his hat, while the book of plates were at the same time hid in the woods."---Isaac Hale (Emma Smith's father's) affidavit, 1834.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.