Skip to comments.Paul Ryan Releases Budget Proposalů.Democrats Become Hysterical
Posted on 03/23/2012 4:25:24 PM PDT by Starman417
So Paul Ryan releases his budget proposal and the Democrats get hysterical:
1. Our food wont be the same: The cuts to domestic spending, if applied across the board, would lead to fewer food inspectors, fewer air-traffic controllers, and so forth. That would mean more delays and cases of food poisoning, and so forth. (Brad Plumer)Much more at the link....oh, and how could we forget the always loony, always hateful Debbie Wasserman-Schultz:
2. Its savagery: Over the medium term, of course, its a plan to savage the poor while giving big tax breaks to the rich. (Paul Krugman)
3. Scrooge-esque: Deficit reduction does not require the Scrooge-like, Gilded-Age policies that the Ryan plan embodies. (Center for Responsible Budget Politics)
4. The end of democracy: The amendment would require a two-thirds majority to raise taxes, giving a right-wing minority veto power over any tax increases. Goodbye, majority rule. This is all extreme and irresponsible stuff. The president knows it. (E. J. Dionne)
5. Designed to fight Occupy Wall Street: It cuts taxes for those at the top, asking the middle class to pick up the tab. Its a budget designed to benefit the top 1 percent at everyone elses expense. (Daniel J. Weiss)
6. Less vacations: If the Ryan budget somehow became reality then you might have to give up on college and avoid air travel assuming you survived the food poisoning and killer diseases. (Jonathan Cohn)
Ratcheting up the rhetoric on the eve of Vice President Joe Bidens visit to a South Florida senior community, Democratic National Committee Chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz today likened Republican Medicare proposals to a tornado through Americas nursing homes.
Said Wasserman Schultz: The Romney-Ryan budget would be devastating to seniors and older Americans. It is a Republican path to poverty that would pass like a tornado through Americas nursing homes where millions of Americas seniors receive long-term and end-of-life care.
The Ryan plan which has no chance of passing the Democrat-controlled Senate would leave Medicare intact for current recipients and those nearing retirement. But when those who are now 54 and younger reach retirement, the plan would replace the current fee-for-service program with subsidies to purchase insurance.
Does that sound familiar? It should. She used the same line for Ryan's budget proposal last year:
Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-FL) comments on Rep. Paul Ryan's (R-Wis.) budget proposal for FY 2012. "Representing a large number of seniors in south Florida, I can tell you that this budget would be devastating for seniors and older Americans. This Republican path to poverty passes like a tornado through America's nursing homes, where millions of America's seniors receive long-term and end of life care," [she] said.
And it was just as untrue last year as it is this year. His budget doesn't affect ANY current seniors. It won't affect seniors in nursing homes or anywhere else. Her rhetoric, and those of her cohorts, is just plain ole demagoguery at its worst.
Some conservatives don't like the plan because it doesn't cut enough, fast enough. That is a valid complaint. But it does make cuts, some 97 billion in the next fiscal year, and it reduces spending over the long term. While 97 billion is a drop in the bucket, at least it's a proposal. At least it tries to get us on a path of reduced spending. Yes, I would rather have more cuts in spending up front but if Congress and this Administration were to implement it at least we would be on some kind of path to reduce spending. We are on the opposite trajectory at the moment so this is better than the alternative...that being Obama's budget:
(Excerpt) Read more at floppingaces.net...
Democrats Become Hysterical
how can you tell ?
HOORAY Paul Ryan!
Because their lips are moving.
Generally we can tell when they start crapping in occupied parks, singing the commie “solidarity” song, or the veins in their foreheads and necks start bulging out.
TREMENDOUS compilation of quotes from SOME of the Usual Socialists. Thanks.
Didn't the President say, "We can't drive our SUVs and eat as much as we want and keep our homes on 72 degrees at all times ..."? Gotta just do with less.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.