My point was aimed at the thread’s logical absurdity that not voting for politician A is the same as voting a politician B. That is inane, and is a lie. It is a lackwit argument fit only for political hacks and uncritical servitors.
You provide reasons why you are voting Romney. Your bases in order are:
1) What he says;
2) what you believe he will do as CinC;
3) what you ‘don’t need to explain’ but extrapolate about a general prosperity, probably from Romney’s personal circumstances.
To that there is his actual record:
1) He will say anything expedient and has expressly distanced himself from conservatives. Even his wife says he can say anything and make himself believe it is true. He still defends the model he signed into law as good legislation. He will move the garnish on ACA, that is all.
2) Neither he nor any in his family have ever served since they attempted permanent emigration to Mexico to escape US jurisdiction. He might be more inclined to ‘preserve assets’ and expend them more economically - might. But committed to our military? Lets hear how. Certainly he can’t demonstrate how.
3) Your best argument, but I expect the middle class to be as hard pressed by latifundia style corparatist policy as it is by neo-Leninist collectivism. According to reports Massachusetts lagged economically under his stewardship. That may well have to do with the state itself and its cultural makeup, but that is the state he chose, and he boasts of his achievements there.
You believe Romney. I do not. You are relying on his words. I am looking at his record, which as a governor was to the left of Bill Clinton.
There is one thing he could do to secure my vote, but he won’t.
Well, okay, we’re going to disagree on Romney.
regarding obamacare - yes, I do believe he will sign waivers...to not do so would be political suicide.
regarding the military - so he hasn’t served...okay.
regarding Massachuessetts economy - reports are mixed. Some say it wasn’t good at all. Others say it did improve under his leadership. I’ve read both. I look at it this way. I know what obama has done with this economy. Romney has offered his plan which counters obama’s (reduce regulations, reduce taxes, waivers for obamacare (up front), energy policy changes, etc.)
I know who obama is - an unAmerican disaster. We have three choices
a. vote for obama
b. vote for Romney
c. vote for neither
i choose b. because a. is insane and c. is passing the decision to someone else. I chose to have a voice. I believe it is my responsibility.
I assume your objection is because of abortion. I believe Romney is pro-life.