Skip to comments.Buchanan: "There Would Be A Revolution" If Government Confiscated Weapons
Posted on 01/07/2013 5:31:37 AM PST by Biggirl
PAT BUCHANAN: There are three million ArmaLite rifles -- those Bushmaster types -- out there right now, and people are buying them like hotcakes. Every gun show, the sales are up enormously. Forty-one percent, they were up in December -- for last December -- which was a record year. John, what is common though, Eleanor [Clift] is correct, the push is going to come on three things: grandfather in the assault weapons that are here now; to try to outlaw assault weapons, outlaw magazines that carry more than 11 or 12 bullets; and also background checks at gun shows.
(Excerpt) Read more at realclearpolitics.com ...
No, there wouldn’t be, because they’ve been planning this for decades.
Yes if this government wants CWII then going directly after guns is the way to do it.
The GOP in the House had better wake up.
The fact that people are arming up in such record numbers right now is a vote of no confidence in the GOP and a clear indication of outright fear and distrust of Democrats.
I can hear 'em talking.. "Let's create a legislative tsunami to overwhelm the public with new gun control laws. Fast and furious! What a terrific opportunity.. wow! twenty dead kids! We couldn't ask for a better crisis! Get busy! The next time may be someone driving a car or truck running over 20-30 kids in the school yard. Who cares about that? We can't use it. That will make people forget the dead kids we need. Hurry up!"
Mark my words, it will.
The confiscations will likely be incremental, not like we saw in Australia. Registration will be an early step. Di-Fi’s bill asks for the moon, which can’t be passed, but some elements might just get thru.
We need a very loud national uproar for the republican legislators to hear.
Remind me, how many bullets did Timothy McVeigh use? Andrew Kehoe? The 9/11 ragheads?
What’s really scary is when some psychopath/terrorist gets a hold of some bio-weapon.
“No, there wouldnt be, because theyve been planning this for decades.”
This is one of the better articles outlining without hyperbole what will likely happen despite the decades long planning.
More discussion at this link:
And what I posted there:
I just did a quick number check.
There are roughly 2.6 million military personnel in America.
There are roughly 800,000 police.
There are roughly 52 million households with guns.
Even of half refused to take up arms, itd be no contest.
At the hint of further restrictions, and more blatant abuse of “shall not be infringed” the country and its gun owning citizens had better make themselves heard or they will belong to the herd of sheep waiting for the next “rule of law” that just might say something a little more unpleasant, on the order of Your continuing use of the opiate of religion requires your attendence at reeducation class commencing immediately in the conference room of Greybar Hotel.
On your figures for military and LE you can take out about 3/4 of those numbers. A lot will be pencil pushers who don’t know squat about guns.
Question 1: If 99% of all firearm-owners obey a law to "turn them in", how many make up the remaining 1%? (You may round your aswer to the nearest million)
Question 2: What is the greatest number of active members the IRA had while keeping Northern Ireland in turmoil for decades? (Hint: it's a three-digit number)
Anything such as that could be the “flash point”.
Just like Prior to CW1, their are firebrands out there ON BOTH SIDES, who are inciting conflict with their intemperate rhetoric.
Consider this, that study was done in ‘95! Wonder what today’s result would be?
The reality will probably be that gummint will continue to “boil the frog”.