Skip to comments.Colonel Who Vowed to Disarm Americans Works With Homeland Security
Posted on 12/07/2013 5:36:41 AM PST by ilovesarah2012
Lt. Col. Robert Bateman, the second amendment-hating Army Officer who caused controversy after vowing to pry your gun from your cold, dead, fingers, works closely with the Department of Homeland Security.
Earlier this week, Bateman, an active military commander, penned a piece for Esquire magazine in which he promised to push for a total ban on all firearms besides muskets, shotguns and rifles, and shut down all gun manufacturers except for those who produced weapons for the federal government and the armed forces (you will be disarmed, the state will have a monopoly on firepower).
Bateman is president and founder of Alliance Defense Marketing Associates LLC, a global premier risk management firm that does work for the DHS.
(Excerpt) Read more at nworeport.me ...
Last time I looked, “sedition” against the American people who he serves was a crime, punishable with a long term in prison or even death.
If he elects to operate a rouge military leader and begin disarming the American people, he will receive exactly what the British got on their way back from trying to disarm the colonist in Concord!
My how history does repeat its self!
1. The only guns permitted will be the following:
a. Smoothbore or Rifled muzzle-loading blackpowder muskets. No 7-11 in history has ever been held up with one of these.
b. Double-barrel breech-loading shotguns. Hunting with these is valid.
c. Bolt-action rifles with a magazine capacity no greater than five rounds. Like I said, hunting is valid. But if you cannot bring down a defenseless deer in under five rounds, then you have no fking reason to be holding a killing tool in the first place.
2. We will pry your gun from your cold, dead, fingers. That is because I am willing to wait until you die, hopefully of natural causes. Guns, except for the three approved categories, cannot be inherited. When you die your weapons must be turned into the local police department, which will then destroy them. (Weapons of historical significance will be de-milled, but may be preserved.)
3. Police departments are no longer allowed to sell or auction weapons used in crimes after the cases have been closed. (That will piss off some cops, since they really need this money. But you know what they need more? Less violence and death. By continuing the process of weapon recirculation, they are only making their jobs -- or the jobs of some other cops -- harder.)
4. We will submit a new tax on ammunition. In the first two years it will be 400 percent of the current retail cost of that type of ammunition. (Exemptions for the ammo used by the approved weapons.) Thereafter it will increase by 20 percent per year.
5. We will initiate a nationwide "buy-back" program, effective immediately, with the payouts coming from the DoD budget. This buy-back program will start purchasing weapons at 200 percent of their face value the first year, 150 percent the second year, 100 percent the third year. Thereafter there will be a 10 year pause, at which point the guns can be sold to the government at 10 percent of their value for the next 50 years.
6. The major gun manufactures of the United States, less those who create weapons for the federal government and the armed forces, will be bought out by the United States of America, for our own damned good.
Be very careful, this may be the NSA planting a false flag to see how Americans will react.
Just saying my fellow Americans, anything is possible with this lawless administration!
Stay safe and God bless!
[From left to right] Lieutenant Colonel Bob Bateman, U.S. Army Ranger; colonel Norvell "Tex" De Atkine (Retired), U.S. Army; Charles Hunter, FSO, U.S. Department of State; and Colin Kahl, Fellow, Center for a New American Security, and Assistant Professor, Security Studies, Georgetown University.
We've known this for five years, now.
Isn’t it abnormal for active-duty US military personnel to be spouting political opinions, and trading on their military “credentials”? Usually, this is limited to retired officers. Aren’t there regulations and laws against active-duty personnel participating in politics, as a guard against dictatorship? Otherwise, why isn’t the press full of opinion pieces by active-duty officers who oppose Obama’s (or any administration’s) foreign or military policies?
I speculate that Obama’s handlers put Robert Bateman up to this, or at least did not stop it, further politicizing the military. Crossing this Rubicon is a very bad step, and we should be howling against the concept as well as the content of his screed.
Bateman’s article should be a wake-up call for those bitter clingers who believe that the military will not turn against the people.
There’s a full FR thread on that article. Search around, you can find it.
Laz identified a “Col Robert Batement” of the NY Guard, which is a real militia organization. He is a military wannabe type, and is NOT the same person as LTC Robert Bateman, who wrote the Esquire article, and who is in the US Army, not the NY Guard. Confusing enough?
Understandably, Laz initially thought he’d outed the Esquire author as a poseur. Then he came to realize that there were TWO Robert Batemans.
So we have one who is a poseur and one who has no understanding of the Constitution, who wrote this article.
Everything comes back to the one source, no other sources available on this guy. I can not even tell if the guy really exists!
Well, Esquire magazine thinks he exists. They published the article.
Read my #27. I think this article combines some background from both Batemans. Hopefully Laz can shed some light here.
That doesn’t appear to be the same man pictured on admallc.com’s “About Us” page.
Is Obama Administration is turning military against people? Military calls Christian Org Domestic Hate Group
I’d say this guy just stepped up and took a partisan position.
Which is not his job.
THANKS for photo & info.
It has been hard coming up with reliable info to answer the inevitable questions, “Who the x is that?, and where the x did HE come from, what is his background?”
SHOWING THE DIFFICULTY (and need for middle names): http://patdollard.com/2013/12/pry-your-gun-from-your-cold-dead-fingers-colonel-who-vowed-to-disarm-americans-works-with-dhs/ [as a contractor with DHS] >> Alliance Defence Marketing Associates, LLC http://www.admallc.com/About_Us.html >>
FROM ADMA website: A photo of a different, OLDER Bateman (father, perhaps?), the NY Guard Robert Bateman — w/heading “Our Founder and President, Col. Robert J. Bateman, provides strategic expertise in law enfourcement and defense/security industries through his relationships and affiliations. Bullet points: NYG Chairman, etc... “
Can’t separate that photo from blurb, but worth a look.
Sounds like this guy could be one of Obama’s favorite butt nuggets.
Here’s the image of older NYG Col Robert J. Bateman w/his bio, different than the Bateman you posted at #24 (again, father and son, maybe?).
Apparently the confusion continues w/other websites still today. If THIS the DHS tie-in being referred to, it would seem not to be the right Bateman — still!:
So, questions remain.
The devil is in the detail also. Black powder is already regulated to such an extent that it is becoming difficult to buy any quantity of it without alarming some Fed idiot. Control of the shotgun ammunition will also be part of it, thereby eliminating any threat of a tactical shotgun.
posted in #24, from http://2002-2009-fpc.state.gov/93207.htm is the LTC w/bio that fits:
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.