Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

The Brilliant "Strategery" of the White House
Opinion | Sixxiron

Posted on 09/09/2004 9:17:47 PM PDT by sixxiron

In this story, it has been reported that CBS obtained the Air National Guard documents, turned them over to the White House and then the White House released them. Just MHO, but I have to believe that someone in the White House knew that the documents were bogus and allowed them to be released knowing what would happen next. If this is true, then this is a stroke of strategic genius. It puts a black eye on CBS, bloodies the lip of the DNC and should put a blanket on any further “Bush National Guard” questions. All of which make JFKerry look more and more desperate. Again, this theory is just an opinion, but I can’t imagine the White House releasing documents as damning as these without knowing that they were blatant fakes and also knowing that others would spot them too. What do you think? W2004!!!

TOPICS:
KEYWORDS: airnationalguard; bush; cbs; rather
Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-5051-54 next last

1 posted on 09/09/2004 9:17:47 PM PDT by sixxiron
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: sixxiron

F- for effort

2 posted on 09/09/2004 9:19:22 PM PDT by Hazzardgate
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

Never...but never...misunderestimate a redneck. heheheh

3 posted on 09/09/2004 9:20:13 PM PDT by wrbones (Bones)

Sounds plausible, but I'm sure C-BS, if this is true, will make a big deal out of the attempt by the RNC to mislead the media.

4 posted on 09/09/2004 9:20:18 PM PDT by goodform

Go away, Carville.

5 posted on 09/09/2004 9:20:20 PM PDT by Cinnamon Girl

Doesn't explain how Kerry's #4 contributor was there promoting them does it? Unless somehow the White House also got this guy to donate 400k over the past year to plant him..

6 posted on 09/09/2004 9:20:31 PM PDT by mnehring (YP4W)

To: Hazzardgate

LOL! That's good. :)

7 posted on 09/09/2004 9:21:23 PM PDT by MistyCA
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

They are not ANG documents; they are personal memos from Jerry Killian.

They are NOT in Bush's file.

8 posted on 09/09/2004 9:21:47 PM PDT by Howlin (What's the Font Spacing, Kenneth?)

So, new FREEPER. Are you planting this idea on this site for a reason?

I find it interesting when brand new FREEPERs provide a back-hand compliment to "the Bush team" and clearly infer that they are the ones manipulating something. The only people that appear to have manipulated anything are CBS, the "source", or both.

Lurk for a while. Then comment.

9 posted on 09/09/2004 9:22:10 PM PDT by mattdono ([John Edwards before going on stage 20 minutes after President] Hold muh' senses)

If you weren't an idiot you'd realize that, if this were from the White House, they would have released it a week before the election.
10 posted on 09/09/2004 9:23:10 PM PDT by Psycho_Bunny

I see you got your DNC blast fax tonight. Unfortunately for you, the average American is smarter than that.

11 posted on 09/09/2004 9:25:05 PM PDT by mikegi

I'm sorry....I shouldn't have called you names. I jumped to the conclusion that you're a troll.

Please accept my apology.

12 posted on 09/09/2004 9:25:51 PM PDT by Psycho_Bunny

This is going to be the DNC/CBS spin: they got the documents somehow from the White House in an intentional setup. Suddenly, its a trick by the White House that CBS made an honest effort to investigate and actually, according to CBS, unearthed some facts around this that are damaging to Bush.

Mark my words. CBS will try to ignore what they said about getting them from their "source."

13 posted on 09/09/2004 9:25:56 PM PDT by 1L

To: sixxiron; Americanwolf; AQGeiger; Beaker; BenLurkin; baltodog; big'ol_freeper; ChadGore; Chode; ...

Your link doesn't work...

Oh. There IS no link.

So, this is an opinion? Really.

14 posted on 09/09/2004 9:26:25 PM PDT by Old Sarge (ZOT 'em all, let MOD sort 'em out!)

WOW!!! Not the reaction I was hoping for...... I still think that if this crazy idea has any truth to it, it is brilliant. Sorry to those that have taken offense.

Sixx

15 posted on 09/09/2004 9:28:49 PM PDT by sixxiron

Most of your post is nonsense, as it assumes that the White House had and issued out these anti-Bush documents. Your sentence below, however, is right on target:

It puts a black eye on CBS, bloodies the lip of the DNC and should put a blanket on any further “Bush National Guard” questions.

Whoever CBS's secret source is, they just handed Dan Rather an exploding cigar. Dan all too happily rushed to light it up without inspecting it, and now has only himself to blame.

This clumsy ploy will serve only to cast doubt on anyone who attacks Bush's Guard service.

16 posted on 09/09/2004 9:30:08 PM PDT by Steel Wolf (Don't make me roll initiative...!)

See also: Anatomy of a Forgery
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1211690/posts

I have some comments on the developments therein at:

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1211690/posts?page=52#52

The WH did not plant this. Even Karl Rove could not have
imagined that so many people at the DNC, Kerry campaign
and CBS would fall for such obvious forgeries with such
a questionable provenance.

This will not stop the Whiners Party from playing the
"victim of hoax" and "entrapped by dirty trick" cards.

17 posted on 09/09/2004 9:37:27 PM PDT by Boundless

WOW!!! Not the reaction I was hoping for......

Don't mind us... our troll radar is on overdrive these days.

Interesting theory, and it would be amusing if they allowed them to be released knowing they were fakes. That way they could sit back and watch the drama unfold, while staying above the fray and retaining their dignity (unlike Kerry.)

18 posted on 09/09/2004 9:37:48 PM PDT by SandyInSeattle (Official RKBA Landscaper and Arborist, Duchess of Green Leafy Things)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 15 | View Replies]

To: Howlin

I talked to my best friend's brother last night who, due to his position in the ***** actually had Dubya's complete military file in front of him. He told me unequivocally that Dubya's record is clean. Gaps in service records are bound to be found in a majority of NG servicemen whoserved in multiple states.In short, His file contains nothing out of the ordinary -- certainly none of these..cough cough... "memos".

19 posted on 09/09/2004 9:38:27 PM PDT by Cosmo (John F. Kerry: The "F" is for " F***ed like a horned toad under a moon-lit Texas sky")
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 8 | View Replies]

To: Psycho_Bunny; mattdono; Howlin; mnehrling; sixxiron
At the risk of being branded a troll, I made a similar comment on another thread. CBS used the documents to try and smear Bush. The White House simply took the documents from CBS and made the documents available to the public. They did absolutely nothing wrong. However, because Bush is the President, he would have known at a glance that the documents were fake (he was there, and knew the true facts of the situation). However, it did give the documents maximum exposure prior to the discovery that they were forgeries.

Many have commented on the amateurish nature of the forgery, but I think this also points back to Kerry or his operatives. Kerry has always had adoring press coverage. His story about "Christmas in Cambodia", which upon even passing scrutiny is laughable was accepted and passed on a factual by the press for years, even though a cursory look should have told them Nixon wasn't President during the time period involved. Kerry used this for years as "the turning point in his life, seared into his memory". It was a total fabrication, and nobody called him on it.

Bush is a poker player. You're already beaten before you know it. The game's over before he gives you "the look."

BTW, that's from his FIRST inauguration.

20 posted on 09/09/2004 9:40:20 PM PDT by Richard Kimball (We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men are ready to do violence on our behalf)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 10 | View Replies]

To: SandyInSeattle
our troll radar is on overdrive these days

LOL.....I check EVERYBODY who I haven't know for years......LOL.

21 posted on 09/09/2004 9:41:04 PM PDT by Howlin (What's the Font Spacing, Kenneth?)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 18 | View Replies]

To: Richard Kimball

And look at Cheney!

22 posted on 09/09/2004 9:43:04 PM PDT by Howlin (What's the Font Spacing, Kenneth?)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 20 | View Replies]

At the risk of being branded a troll,

TROLL!!!!

Sorry, someone had to do it.

:-)

23 posted on 09/09/2004 9:44:00 PM PDT by SandyInSeattle (Official RKBA Landscaper and Arborist, Duchess of Green Leafy Things)

To: mnehrling

I seriously doubt that when CBS submitted these docs to the WH that they said, "yeah, we just want you to review these because we are planning on having Barnes use these to rip you in prime time". I think it started as two separate stories (Barnes and the docs) and then CBS bundled them to make one more sensational story.

24 posted on 09/09/2004 9:46:01 PM PDT by sixxiron
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

Y'all don't EVER want to play poker with W......Great strategery and he always gets Misunderestimated.......

25 posted on 09/09/2004 9:49:05 PM PDT by bioprof

What do you think?

I think your medication needs to be looked at, to be honest. They're either giving you too much or not enough... of something. Or are you self-medicating?
26 posted on 09/09/2004 9:49:25 PM PDT by KangarooJacqui (What did John Kerry do on 9/11? He sat there like a stuned beeber.)

This is plausible, IMHO; I've been thinking the same.

Observe how the release of the 2nd (forged) Kerry-Fonda photo immunized Kerry from the discussions of the 1st (real) Kerry-Fonda photo. After CBS is exposed on this, it is unlikely that anyone would follow on any Bush/NG stories. If Rove is behind this, this may be the idea.

Also, observe that this exposes Kerry as someone who is darn easy to dupe. Not a kind of president we need.

27 posted on 09/09/2004 9:50:48 PM PDT by mvonfr

Your an idiot, Bush is above the fold on this. Bush wouldn't permit them to play games of any kind out of the White House.

You don't understand Bush, he respects the office of President and brings honor to the office.

There is nothing here. They may have known these were bogus, but even if they didn't it didn't change what and how they operate.

I think you are a plant because you don't appreciate how not sleazy Bush is.
28 posted on 09/09/2004 9:50:56 PM PDT by dila813

Asinine. You attempt to attribute the machinations of your comrades to good people.

sixxiron: 2004-09-01.
29 posted on 09/09/2004 9:54:09 PM PDT by mtntop3 ("He who must know before he believes will never come to full knowledge.")

Great photo of the Bush 'look'....Cheney has a good 'look' too!

30 posted on 09/09/2004 9:55:07 PM PDT by JulieRNR21 (I trust NOBODY BUT BUSH! Take W-04....Across America!)

To: dila813

Before you rip me as a "plant", please read my other posts. Granted, I am new, but jeez, a guy has to start somewhere. As a native Texan, I love W and in the grand scheme of things I don't think that allowing forged documents that you didn't create, to be released, when they were going to be released anyway, is low or underhanded at all. I'm not suggesting that the WH forged these documents themselves, I'm just suggesting that they let these guys hang themselves with their own rope.

31 posted on 09/09/2004 9:58:21 PM PDT by sixxiron
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 28 | View Replies]

That my friend is a much better way to put it. As this is the White House it wouldn't be Presidential for the Office of the President to tell the Press not to run a story for political reasons. :>
32 posted on 09/09/2004 10:01:41 PM PDT by dila813
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 31 | View Replies]

That my friend is a much better way to put it. As this is the White House it wouldn't be Presidential for the Office of the President to tell the Press not to run a story for political reasons. :>
33 posted on 09/09/2004 10:01:42 PM PDT by dila813
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 31 | View Replies]

hmmmmm depends who in the WH saw them. If you were never in the military or no lights came on about the font's you would have no idea if they were legit or not. It is up to CBS to determine authinticy and not the WH if they are going to run with them. These aren't Bush's records but allegedly personal memo's belonging to another.

34 posted on 09/09/2004 10:03:08 PM PDT by The Bandit

To: JulieRNR21; bioprof; Howlin

Yeah, I love that photo. Saved it as soon as I saw it. While I like Cheney's look, the expression on Bush's face is priceless. I wish I could see the look on Clinton's face.

35 posted on 09/09/2004 10:10:26 PM PDT by Richard Kimball (We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men are ready to do violence on our behalf)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 30 | View Replies]

I wish I could see the look on Clinton's face.

Perhaps he's biting his lower lip....?

BTW have you heard the breaking news from Slick's doctors?

It was reported that doctors are very concerned about Clinton's condition and fear that he may take a turn for the nurse.

LOL

36 posted on 09/09/2004 10:22:26 PM PDT by JulieRNR21 (I trust NOBODY BUT BUSH! Take W-04....Across America!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 35 | View Replies]

Richard...I don't disagree with your (or sixxiron's) assessment, but we can't be the source for DU trolls playing the "gotcha" game. They are going to point to comments like this and say, "See even the Bush people think that Bush is behind this".

And, ultimately, I know that the MSM will try to pin this on the President, VP Cheney, Karl Rove, Halliburton or someone else. It's their template. It's what they say about all of this stuff and it's false. But, that has never prevented them from doing or saying these things.

Look, in November, if the electorate rises up and crushes the demoSCUMs and John Kerry, I will feel very assured that there are less and less "sheeple" and more and more people are paying attention to what's going on (i.e, getting their information from more than Danny, Petah', or Tommy Blowchow).

Until that happens, I am going to be hopeful, but I'm going to be skeptical. Sorry, I'm just so jaded on the MSM's bias that I can't help but think that the MSM still "controls" too much of the electorate's opinions. I will happily be wrong. If the MSM doesn't blame (or insinuate blame) Bush for the documents, I will openly, publicly apologize to you (and our young Padawan, sixxiron).

37 posted on 09/09/2004 10:27:01 PM PDT by mattdono ([John Edwards before going on stage 20 minutes after President] Hold muh' senses)

I think you misunderestimate us.

38 posted on 09/09/2004 10:39:16 PM PDT by wolicy_ponk (Kerry, follow me no closer than 1000 yards, or I'll teach you what a real purple heart is. -T.Peck)

To: mattdono

Fair point, and I agree with your assessment of the old media. I watched Nightline tonight for the first time in probably ten years, and even though they sorta kinda almost accepted the documents as fake, they didn't mention that Ben Barnes was a Kerry contributor. Koppel also got into an extended discussion with some bozo and they agreed that the forged documents couldn't possibly have come from Kerry because it would be too stupid, but were undoubtedly from someone trying to help Kerry that went overboard.

39 posted on 09/09/2004 10:49:45 PM PDT by Richard Kimball (We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men are ready to do violence on our behalf)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 37 | View Replies]

I think that you came up a little short there.... shanked it Mr. six iron.. now put away that tinfoil hat of yours. And get back to reality. What would the white house have to gain by discrediting a bias new org. Nothing. We have know for years that news reporting has been biased, the white house deals with it the same why most Americas do we laugh at it. There is no conspiracy here. Just open partisan politics played by a group that should not be playing like that.
40 posted on 09/09/2004 11:22:29 PM PDT by Americanwolf (Zell Miller for Secretary of Defense against liberals! (jeez spitballs.. now thats funny!))

To: Americanwolf; sixxiron

Ignore the tinfoil hat comment. I got trigger happy, but I still cannot see this as a conspiracy in any form.

41 posted on 09/09/2004 11:26:15 PM PDT by Americanwolf (Zell Miller for Secretary of Defense against liberals! (jeez spitballs.. now thats funny!))
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 40 | View Replies]

When your enemy is killing himself, the best thing to do is just stay out of the way.

42 posted on 09/09/2004 11:26:48 PM PDT by dfwgator (It's sad that the news media treats Michael Jackson better than our military.)

The old Rope-A-Dope that Bush/Rove do so well...

43 posted on 09/10/2004 3:34:27 AM PDT by AmericaUnited

To: Old Sarge

Thane_Banquo had the same idea when he posted this thread:
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-bloggers/1211570/posts

44 posted on 09/10/2004 4:00:46 AM PDT by Rebelbase (John Kerry, sign form 180 .)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 14 | View Replies]

To: JulieRNR21
It was reported that doctors are very concerned about Clinton's condition and fear that he may take a turn for the nurse.
LOL
45 posted on 09/10/2004 4:24:45 AM PDT by Beaker (They're coming to take me away haha...)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 36 | View Replies]

Nice theory, but I believe instead that the documents simply passed through in the interest of openness. The documents were not part of Bush's service records which were released way back.

Kerry on the other hand still refuses to release his records.
46 posted on 09/10/2004 4:26:28 AM PDT by Conspiracy Guy (I can always tell when John Kerry is lying.)

Let's think here,

Why would the White House have anything to do with the papers? Military records are on file in St. Louis, MO.

To get Reserve Records and NG Records you had to request them through Maxwell AFB, AL. The White House doesn't care about memos, or personnel Files.

SO, I don't see any link to the story, is this just your opinion?

47 posted on 09/10/2004 5:12:09 AM PDT by Zavien Doombringer (I am not late for Zots, I have stealth Zot capability.....)

To: JulieRNR21

48 posted on 09/10/2004 5:14:30 AM PDT by Zavien Doombringer (I am not late for Zots, I have stealth Zot capability.....)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 36 | View Replies]

Place marker for pictures.

49 posted on 09/10/2004 7:08:15 AM PDT by trussell (Women who behave... rarely make history!!)

To: sixxiron; Old Sarge
I have to believe that someone in the White House knew that the documents were bogus and allowed them to be released knowing what would happen next .....

There is NO WAY in heck the White House had any thing to do with this cra*. Had they seen the docs before hand, I think they would have commented only that they had not seen them before or something. NO WAY would they have acknowledged they were legit. Can you imagine CBS saying that the WH had seen the documents prior to this report and said they were true or did not deny their authenticity?

Anyway, welcome to FreeRepublic.com .....

50 posted on 09/10/2004 7:41:05 AM PDT by MeekOneGOP (There is only one GOOD 'RAT: one that has been voted OUT of POWER !! Straight ticket GOP!)

Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-5051-54 next last

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson