Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

To: oolatec

Pit bulls are bred to be paranoid and aggressive. The breed is hopelessly contaminated. Pick up any dog fancier's magazine and look at the classifieds to see what the market is for these animals.

11 posted on 02/17/2005 11:35:23 PM PST by SteamshipTime
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 8 | View Replies ]

To: SteamshipTime
Pit bulls are bred to be paranoid and aggressive.

Not by any breeders I know. Stable temperament is the top characteristic looked for when breeding.

The breed is hopelessly contaminated.

Your view of the breed is hopelessly contaminated.

Pick up any dog fancier's magazine and look at the classifieds to see what the market is for these animals

Examples please. If they're taking ads for dogs touted to be aggressive, I'd like to go after the publishers of those magazines.

21 posted on 02/18/2005 4:01:24 AM PST by kanawa (A Free Man in Canannyda)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 11 | View Replies ]

To: SteamshipTime
I am very sorry for this poor little girl. Small children should never be left alone with dogs.

Pit Bulls were bred to fight other dogs. They were bred to be dog aggressive, but in order to handle them in this "sport" they were people responsive and not people aggressive. Being dog aggressive is much different than people aggressive.

Much of the problem with Pit Bulls come from two things in my opinion -- bad owners and the fact that these are highly powerful animals pound for pound. They are not inherently bad dogs.

27 posted on 02/18/2005 4:56:57 AM PST by dervish (Europe should pay for NATO)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 11 | View Replies ]

Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson