Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

To: Gabz
Damn, Gabz, I thought I was the only one ;-).. I've been out of it for about 2 days now....eyes burning like someone threw sand and acid in them, that "fever" feeling (without actually having a fever) and general malaise.... I have been surviving on OJ, bottled water, and (once in a while) a series virgin mary with tons of Lea & Perrins (TM) Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper(a lot) in hopes of burning whatever I have out LOL. Now, since I have been a buddy of Bill W since '80, I am unable to add anything stronger to the mix, but I do believe that with the amount of sauce I put in there it would remove paint and soften epoxy.... so far tho...no difference....

I hate this feeling... I have stuff to do, and I just feel too crummy to do it, as my gyros have tumbled as well, and the world is not straight. Fortunately, being a comm'l pilot (albeit somewhat defrocked without medical) I am instrument rated, and use the TV and horizontal surfaces like the artificial horizon, and use that as a reference, ignore what my inner ear is trying to tell me ( which is what one does in IFR conditions) and can reasonably move around.

Greg

184 posted on 05/25/2005 1:55:29 PM PDT by gwmoore (As the manual for the Russian Nagant revolver states: "Target Practice:'At the Deserter, FIRE' '')
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 72 | View Replies ]

To: gwmoore

Well Greg, I guess misery loves company...........I totally sympathize with you because I know exactly how you feel. But what is really weird is that while I am running a fever - I've been STARVING all day and seem to have been continually eating all day. And I don't mean snacking - i mean eating real food - ham, turkey, cheese, peanut butter, tomatoes, olives.

But at least the weather has been rotten so I don't feel guilty about not being outside doing work..

OK - time to raid the kitchen again :)

186 posted on 05/25/2005 2:44:13 PM PDT by Gabz (My give-a-damn is busted.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 184 | View Replies ]

To: gwmoore

I hope you feel better, too, gw. Are you sure that you don't also have an inner ear infection? That can throw your balance off to the point of nausea and a stooper walk. My dad was also a commercial pilot, and after he retired he had a terrible inner ear infection, but, as you said as one yourself, was able to overcome many of the miscues of it because of his expertise. Feel better.

230 posted on 05/25/2005 3:58:36 PM PDT by Miss Behave (Do androids dream of electric sheep?)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 184 | View Replies ]

Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson