Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

AMERICA - The Right Way!! (Day 1747) [Remember the Trade Center!!]
Various News Sources and FReepers | November 2, 2005 | All of Us

Posted on 11/02/2005 4:51:46 AM PST by Chairman_December_19th_Society

We will not tire, we will not falter, and we will not fail!

Good morning!!

Do not let the victims of the attacks on New York and Washington, nor the brave members of our Nation's military who have given their lives to protect our freedom, die in vain!!

Quick start--network hosed here so I'm doing wireless.

For AMERICA - The Right Way, I remain yours in the Cause, the Chairman.

TOPICS: AMERICA - The Right Way!!
KEYWORDS: atrw; letsroll
Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-5051-100101-150151-200 ... 251-263 next last
Post your short news items, issues of interest, links, and so on. All who advance the Cause are welcome.

LET'S ROLL!!!

1 posted on 11/02/2005 4:51:47 AM PST by Chairman_December_19th_Society
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: A Citizen Reporter; ABG(anybody but Gore); AFPhys; alwaysconservative; Angelwood; arazitjh; ...

Howdy, y'all!

2 posted on 11/02/2005 4:52:06 AM PST by Chairman_December_19th_Society (Conservatives--The Workforce of America; Liberals--The Whineforce of America)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: Chairman_December_19th_Society

Mr. Chairman. Yesterday's involking of Rule 21 was an act of desparation on the part of the RATS.

3 posted on 11/02/2005 5:01:18 AM PST by Redleg Duke (9/11 - "WE WILL NEVER FORGET!")
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

To: Redleg Duke
I believe that they are trying hard to get back some initiative after having the momentum sucked out of their play last week.

The greatest danger is the reaction of the "conservative purist boo-birds" here in this forum screaming for blood...the blood of Frist et al for letting the RATS do it.

As usual, the single issue, Conservative Purist remains the RATS' secret weapon.

4 posted on 11/02/2005 5:03:44 AM PST by Redleg Duke (9/11 - "WE WILL NEVER FORGET!")
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

To: Chairman_December_19th_Society; lysie; All
If this article is to be believed, we will be finding some bargains during the Christmas season!

Black Friday at Wal-Mart Revealed

If you read only the article, they give a few examples. Down in the thread someone has obtained the complete list of featured sale items, and farther down Radio Shack's specials are listed as well.

I would guess that other retailers, hearing about this, will be trying to compete.

I am ready to go shoppiing!!

5 posted on 11/02/2005 5:06:17 AM PST by Miss Marple (Lord, please look after Mozart Lover's son and keep him strong.)

Good morning.

A federal judge accused Fitzgerald of prosecutorial misconduct and misuse of grand jury materials on another case (not Libby).
http://freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1513948/posts

6 posted on 11/02/2005 5:07:03 AM PST by Peach (The Dems enabled Able Danger. 3,000 Americans died.)

Good morning, Red. Delighted to see you.

7 posted on 11/02/2005 5:07:28 AM PST by Peach (The Dems enabled Able Danger. 3,000 Americans died.)

To: Chairman_December_19th_Society; Redleg Duke; Miss Marple; All
Good morning!

Sorry about the network, Chairman.

Duke, yes, desperation, but nasty and mean too.

8 posted on 11/02/2005 5:08:32 AM PST by Molly Pitcher (We are Americans...the sons and daughters of liberty...*.from FReeper the Real fifi*))

Reid said that he was doing that on behalf of "the American People." Hogwash! As an American to Sen. Reid, YOU DON'T SPEAK OR ACT FOR ME. I elected two pubbies to do that, Senator Sessions and Senator Shelby. REID, I'M NOT SURE YOU EVEN SPEAK OR ACT FOR THE PEOPLE OF YOUR OWN STATE.
9 posted on 11/02/2005 5:09:35 AM PST by Jemian

To: Chairman_December_19th_Society; All; Iowa Granny; The Raven; kayak; Lorena; Dog; lepton; ...
Alito a longtime Federalist Society Member AP...oh my! Is this that white-robed group?? You'd think so from the way this association is treated...

Dems try to use Alito Row to tip Scales WSJ

The World according to Jimmy Carter Opinion Journal. Oh Boy!! Just in time for Christmas, too!

10 posted on 11/02/2005 5:11:52 AM PST by Molly Pitcher (We are Americans...the sons and daughters of liberty...*.from FReeper the Real fifi*))

GOOD A.M. TO ONE AND ALL FROM THE MISSISSIPPI GULF COAST, USA, BRUISED BUT NOT BROKEN.

Such a pretty day here today, sun shinning, in the 70s, not a cloud in the sky, think I will pick up some more limbs, sounds like a plan to me.

Boy oh boy, those dimwitts are a trip, never a dull moment with them. Oh, throw in the 'future president' wanna be and his cabinet in with them. You think maybe their voters in their home state will send them a message to get back with the president? Of course I forget that once elected means elected until death. No reason for them to get back on the band wagon is it.

Insurance adjuster came out yesterday and what he gave is OK, will fix everything that is wrong because of the storm. Nice guy too.

Friday we go in to start buying the 'innards' of my
'shack in the back' and gotta tell you, I am excited about it, like you gals decorating your home, what size ice box will I get, how much room will it take, how about the sink, what about the shower and how about the paneling or should I sheet rock it. Of course first I have to decide on what will I put down as flooring, carpet? Wooden? tile (which we have plenty of left over from this house). One thing about the hot water heater, I am having to build a addition onto the house so I can put it outside, long story.

D is hollowing for the computer, that is OK, I will surrender it to her so, I will be getting off and will talk to 'youse guys' a little later.
Toby
11 posted on 11/02/2005 5:14:16 AM PST by gulfcoast6

To: Miss Marple
Woohoo!!

Not that I need anything, but I think after the past several month's conditions around this house I'm entitled to something. :-) Debit card in hand....LOL

12 posted on 11/02/2005 5:14:50 AM PST by lysie
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

The greatest danger is the reaction of the "conservative purist boo-birds" here in this forum screaming for blood...the blood of Frist et al for letting the RATS do it.

Those looking for Frist's scalp over the Reid antics, don't understand the Senate rules.

It only takes 2 people to invoke rule 21. One to make the motion and another one to second it. I don't think it's a debatable rule (meaning it's an up or down vote without discussion).

The only way to have stopped Reid would have been for someone to have been aware of the Reid plan and quickly objected before the second was recognized by the person in the Chair at the time.

I'm not absolutely certain an objection could have stalled the Reid motion. If I get some time this morning I will try to research it and let you know what I find out.

13 posted on 11/02/2005 5:14:51 AM PST by Iowa Granny (I am not the sharpest pin in the cushion but I can draw blood.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

The HP laptop is certainly an attractive price. I think I see one in my future.

14 posted on 11/02/2005 5:16:12 AM PST by Iowa Granny (I am not the sharpest pin in the cushion but I can draw blood.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

You need to be here more often. Your contributions to this thread are appreciated!

Bill Bennett is talking about today's WA Post article revealing the fact that the CIA has terrorists in secret prisons somewhere in Easter Europe. He says whoever leaked this has committed a very serious crime.

15 posted on 11/02/2005 5:16:32 AM PST by LBKQ
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

To: Molly Pitcher
oh my! Is this that white-robed group??

LOL ... In the view of the MSM, the Federalist Society is to the judiciary as Skull and Bones is to the Presidency (unless it's John Kerry running)!

16 posted on 11/02/2005 5:18:19 AM PST by SittinYonder (Flea, feather, bird, egg, nest, twig, branch, limb, tree, and the bog down in the valley - o.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 10 | View Replies]

To: Iowa Granny
The HP laptop is certainly an attractive price. I think I see one in my future.

Sure is. If Sarah buys one she may get employee 10% discount, but I bet at that price it would not be allowable.

17 posted on 11/02/2005 5:20:57 AM PST by lysie
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 14 | View Replies]

To: gulfcoast6

I recommend hardwood floors with an area rug. Easier to keep clean and easy maintainence.

Shower: Get one with a seat. You'll be old one day and will need to sit in there sometimes.

18 posted on 11/02/2005 5:21:13 AM PST by LBKQ
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 11 | View Replies]

To: lysie

I have one laptop that I use for work, but they frown on us adding 'extra' stuff not necessary for our work on it.

I want a wireless card and system for here in the house.

19 posted on 11/02/2005 5:23:49 AM PST by Iowa Granny (I am not the sharpest pin in the cushion but I can draw blood.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 17 | View Replies]

To: LBKQ
I have had both. Wall to wall and hardwood with an large wool area rug. No question, imo, hardwood with area rug.
20 posted on 11/02/2005 5:24:14 AM PST by lysie
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 18 | View Replies]

That was the one that caught my eye, too. I don't really use a computer much or anything except Internet and occasional document writing, and a laptop would be a really handy thing to have...especially when I am somewhere where I don't have my PC.

I also thought that $20.00 roaster looked like a good deal.

My daughter sent me her wish list from Target. It containes things like a stainless/copper set of cookware, a stock pot, and a set of mixing bowls.

Of course, you can tell she's from a different generation, because she also asked for a wok and an electric yoghurt maker. LOL!

21 posted on 11/02/2005 5:25:54 AM PST by Miss Marple (Lord, please look after Mozart Lover's son and keep him strong.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 14 | View Replies]

To: LBKQ
"You need to be here more often. Your contributions to this thread are appreciated!"

You better clear that with Onyx first. Don't you know that she runs this forum?

22 posted on 11/02/2005 5:26:56 AM PST by Redleg Duke (9/11 - "WE WILL NEVER FORGET!")
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 15 | View Replies]

Say a prayer for out allies the Brits and the Aussies...they are under imminent threat of a terror attack.
23 posted on 11/02/2005 5:31:38 AM PST by Dog
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 21 | View Replies]

*sigh*

I made one posting here on ATRW... whether right or wrong...I'm still here. You belong here, too.

24 posted on 11/02/2005 5:31:39 AM PST by lysie
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 22 | View Replies]

Morning Molly!

I love the Federalist Society, and get their Newsletter.

Good enough for me if Alito is a member.

The Knights of Columbus also whole heartedly supports Alito.

This just keeps getting better and better.

25 posted on 11/02/2005 5:36:42 AM PST by Northern Yankee (Freedom Needs A Soldier)

To: lysie
Hey... Good Morning!

You're number #1 in my book!

26 posted on 11/02/2005 5:38:47 AM PST by Northern Yankee (Freedom Needs A Soldier)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 24 | View Replies]

Morning!

27 posted on 11/02/2005 5:38:55 AM PST by alwaysconservative (For God so loved the world, He didn't send a committee.)

To: Dog

Is there an article with more details?

28 posted on 11/02/2005 5:41:15 AM PST by Miss Marple (Lord, please look after Mozart Lover's son and keep him strong.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 23 | View Replies]

To: Northern Yankee
Your post certainly makes my day.

Good morning. The sun is out. I hope it lasts.

Good morning.

29 posted on 11/02/2005 5:41:38 AM PST by lysie
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 26 | View Replies]

Here..
30 posted on 11/02/2005 5:43:18 AM PST by Dog
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 28 | View Replies]

Thanks for the great links, Molly! I'll just have to wait with the Carter one until I am more awake.

31 posted on 11/02/2005 5:44:10 AM PST by alwaysconservative (For God so loved the world, He didn't send a committee.)

Thanks for that link. I saw the scroll on FNC early this morning, but no details.

32 posted on 11/02/2005 5:48:07 AM PST by lysie
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 30 | View Replies]

The Aussie PM has called a special session of his Congress(or whatever it is called) to pass a law tightening up the terror laws....and has announced they are under a immiment terror threat.

Jane the quote from the Police Commissioner is chilling.

THE SKY IS DARK..

33 posted on 11/02/2005 5:50:21 AM PST by Dog
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 30 | View Replies]

My daughter sent me her wish list from Target. It containes things like a stainless/copper set of cookware, a stock pot, and a set of mixing bowls.

I've been wondering if my DIL's will think I'm certifiably nuts if I ask for a LARGE stainless steel mixing bowl. Large as in Rubbermaid Dishpan sized. When I bake, I always double the recipe and put half in the freezer. I am currently using a plastic tupperware type bowl. I worry that it isn't sanitary, even tho I wash it well. It has knife grooves in it I'm never certain I've got it clean.

I could Triple my batches with a mixing bowl of this size.

I would also like a set of those old fashioned pottery mixing bowls like our Mother's had, in that muted off green color.

I have one DIL who really struggles with purchasing practical gifts. The other one TRIVES on practical gifts.

34 posted on 11/02/2005 5:50:24 AM PST by Iowa Granny (I am not the sharpest pin in the cushion but I can draw blood.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 21 | View Replies]

Is this that white-robed group?? You'd think so from the way this association is treated...

You mean like KKK Sheets Byrd? Funny how MSM knows nothig about that. /s

35 posted on 11/02/2005 5:53:03 AM PST by lysie

Not good. Prayers for our friends down under.

36 posted on 11/02/2005 5:53:57 AM PST by lysie
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 33 | View Replies]

Nice to see you posting here, again. I hope you'll stop by often.

Last I knew, this was Chair's thread.

37 posted on 11/02/2005 5:59:24 AM PST by Iowa Granny (I am not the sharpest pin in the cushion but I can draw blood.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 36 | View Replies]

To: All

Can anyone give me a quick and easy explaination of what they're rioting about in Paris?

38 posted on 11/02/2005 6:01:49 AM PST by Iowa Granny (I am not the sharpest pin in the cushion but I can draw blood.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 37 | View Replies]

Can anyone give me a quick and easy explaination

They're moslem.

39 posted on 11/02/2005 6:03:39 AM PST by Jemian
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 38 | View Replies]

To: Jemian
Succinctly and in a
40 posted on 11/02/2005 6:08:04 AM PST by lysie
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 39 | View Replies]

Mr. Chairman. Yesterday's invoking of Rule 21 was an act of desperation on the part of the RATS.

Are you kidding? It was a dress rehearsal and warning to the Republicans about what the Democrats will do to block Alito's confirmation vote. Under the Senate Rules it is not the only weapon the Democrats have to block a vote on a nomination.

Last spring during Frists failed attempt to enact the Nuclear option, I went to the trouble of downloading and reading the Senate rules. According to my reading there are several more ways that the Democrats can use the rules to block a vote on Alito or any other bush nominee.

Unless Frist has a weapon to put to the Democrats heads that I've failed to see, and that is a possibility, the Democrats can prevent a vote even if the Republicans manage to invoke the nuclear option on filibusters.

I think the Senate rules will prove very effective for Democrats in their attempt to block confirmatin of conservative judges. Frist's voice was actually shaking yesterday when he went before the press after the Democrats pulled rule 21. That says to me that Frist was blindsided. Lott at the same press conference looked like the cat that had just swallowed the canary. Lott just made the point that such a thing never happened when he was majority leader and that the Democrats were acting within the rules. And they are.

Under rule 21 any two senators can at any time stop any process in the senate and put senate in secret session to discuss any "National Security Subject" the two Senators want to discuss. According to Rule 21 there is no time limit on that "Secret" discussion. Thus Rule 21 is a never before used method to block a vote on anything the Democrats want blocked. Unlike the regular filibuster Rule 21 does not take 41 votes to do it.. IT TAKES JUST TWO.. All it takes is ONE Senator to call for the secret session and another Senator to second the motion. There is no vote on holding a secret session. Under the rules it has to happen when any two senators call for it. The senate just drops what ever it is doing and goes into secret session on the national security item.

As long as the senate had two loyal Democrats they can use rule 21 to prevent an up or down vote on Alito or anyone else.

Just like a regular filibuster it will take a the execution of a nuclear option to stop Democrats from invoking rule 21. Remember Rule 21 allows unlimited discsussion of the national security matter in secret. Attempted cloture votes would be secret.

The question is can the Republicans get 51 votes including Cheney to change Rule 21. They could not get 50 votes last spring to end regular filibusters. Who wants to be they can do it to change or eliminate Rule 21?

A careful reading of the Senate rules reveals there are other Rules that can be used to block votes on nominees. It will take getting 50 votes plus Cheney's to pass several rules changes if the Democrats do as I for one believe they will do.

Bush went to great lengths to find a stealth conservative he could get Minority Leader Ried to agree to confirm. The right does not trust President Bush and blew that out of the water. No one can make me believe that Rove and Bush did not read the Senate rules and therefor anticipate what the Democrats would do in this case. Rove surely tried to advise the presidnet to circumvent it. That had to be considered many months or even years ago.

Rove like many bright people tends to think others are as bright as he is. Sadly they aren't. Bush took a gamble that the right would not shoot itself in the rump. After reading the Senate rules, I am convinced it was really his only chance to confirm a conservative.

You can bet Trent Lott understands the rules. He is chairman of the rules committee. It was apparent from Frists shaking voice that he did not see it coming or was naive enough to believe that Ried would not do it.

Anyone who took the time to read the Senate Rules should have known what the Democrats would likely do to keep the court liberal. Right wing pundits including Rush, Krauthammer and Coulter as well as Frist apparently believed the Democrats would never use the blocking tactics the rules clearly allow them to use. Or perhaps those brilliant pundits didn't bother read the rules either.

41 posted on 11/02/2005 6:08:31 AM PST by Common Tator

Cows on the loose in Indiana. A truck hauling livestock overturned and approximately 20 head are still loose. Two of the cattle are bulls.
42 posted on 11/02/2005 6:08:52 AM PST by Jemian
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 39 | View Replies]

FWIW, To Charles and The Rottweiler,

STAY HOME!

43 posted on 11/02/2005 6:11:09 AM PST by Jemian
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 42 | View Replies]

To: Common Tator
I have reluctantly come to the conclusion that you were right about Trent Lott. I do think, however, the reason that the President wanted him out was because the President thought he was incompetent, based on the Jeffords fiasco (remember, Lott assured Bush that if Jeffords was really going to jump ship, he would know, since they were friends).

An unfortunate mess due to everyone not understanding what goes on in the Senate. My advice would be to call Lott in, say that he has proved valuable and when Frist leaves they will back him for ML.

However, that's just me. It would help Lott's case if he tried to be a little more helpful. At this juncture continued vindictiveness towards Frist will be counter-productive.

44 posted on 11/02/2005 6:17:15 AM PST by Miss Marple (Lord, please look after Mozart Lover's son and keep him strong.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 41 | View Replies]

Took me a while, but I figured it out.

45 posted on 11/02/2005 6:17:45 AM PST by lysie
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 43 | View Replies]

I am sure that this will get coverage when they arrive at the White House, no doubt because the MSM wants to see if Charles will diss the President (he won't).

I do not imagine he will ever be king. I think they will live out their days as landed gentry in Cornwall, puttering around with the garden, dogs, and horses. Prince William will be the next king, IMHO.

46 posted on 11/02/2005 6:19:32 AM PST by Miss Marple (Lord, please look after Mozart Lover's son and keep him strong.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 43 | View Replies]

Prince Harry will be the next King. I think William doesnt want it.

47 posted on 11/02/2005 6:22:45 AM PST by Dog
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 46 | View Replies]

I disagree with you. I think William does want it. Although, Diana did her best to lead him in another direction. I suspect that is one reason why Diana was killed, to stop her influence over the boys.

48 posted on 11/02/2005 6:31:56 AM PST by Jemian
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 47 | View Replies]

To: Jemian; lysie; gulfcoast6; All
Our storm is still out to sea and for a little while, around 0500, the sky was clear - MARS was awesome!

Toby it sounds like you are having a BLAST! Are you shopping at Home Depot for your appliances? If so, you can look at all the refrigerators and choose the one that will be perfect for you. My only suggestion (as a wood stove owner) is paneling instead of sheet rock.

49 posted on 11/02/2005 6:55:01 AM PST by bevlar
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 48 | View Replies]

To: gulfcoast6

Oh yes, I agree with bevlar! Paneling.

50 posted on 11/02/2005 6:58:57 AM PST by LBKQ
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 11 | View Replies]

Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-5051-100101-150151-200 ... 251-263 next last

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson