Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

Prayer Thread for the Election
Me | 11/2/06 | Knitting a Conundrum

Posted on 11/02/2006 9:13:31 PM PST by Knitting A Conundrum

Like a roaring lion or a charging bear is a wicked ruler over a poor people. A ruler who lacks understanding is a cruel oppressor; but he who hates unjust gain will prolong his days. Proverbs 28: 15, 16

With the election coming, I ask those of you who wish to to join me in prayer for the election.

TOPICS: Daily Prayer; Religion
KEYWORDS: 2006; elections; elections2006; prayer; vote; votegop
Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first previous 1-50 ... 101-150151-200201-250 ... 351-386 next last
To: prairiebreeze
.....for America's voters to discern truth from fiction, values from rhetoric, and the wisely place those who will well care for the future needs of this great country.

Beautifully said, prairie! Praying these words with you.

151 posted on 11/06/2006 6:38:55 PM PST by ohioWfan (PROUD Mom of an Iraqi Freedom VALEDICTORIAN VET!! Take THAT mr stinky frenchman!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 150 | View Replies]

To: ohioWfan

AMEN OHIO!

TO GOD ALONE THE GLORY!

Psalms 27:1
A Psalm of David. The LORD is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear? The LORD is the strength of my life; Of whom shall I be afraid?

Psalms 27:2
When the wicked came against me To eat up my flesh, My enemies and foes, They stumbled and fell.

Psalms 27:3
Though an army may encamp against me, My heart shall not fear; Though war should rise against me, In this I will be confident.

Psalms 27:4
One thing I have desired of the LORD, That will I seek: That I may dwell in the house of the LORD All the days of my life, To behold the beauty of the LORD, And to inquire in His temple.

Psalms 27:5
For in the time of trouble He shall hide me in His pavilion; In the secret place of His tabernacle He shall hide me; He shall set me high upon a rock.

Psalms 27:6
And now my head shall be lifted up above my enemies all around me; Therefore I will offer sacrifices of joy in His tabernacle; I will sing, yes, I will sing praises to the LORD.

Psalms 27:7
Hear, O LORD, when I cry with my voice! Have mercy also upon me, and answer me.

Psalms 27:8
When You said, "Seek My face," My heart said to You, "Your face, LORD, I will seek."

Psalms 27:9
Do not hide Your face from me; Do not turn Your servant away in anger; You have been my help; Do not leave me nor forsake me, O God of my salvation.

Psalms 27:10
When my father and my mother forsake me, Then the LORD will take care of me.

Psalms 27:11
Teach me Your way, O LORD, And lead me in a smooth path, because of my enemies.

Psalms 27:12
Do not deliver me to the will of my adversaries; For false witnesses have risen against me, And such as breathe out violence.

Psalms 27:13
I would have lost heart, unless I had believed That I would see the goodness of the LORD In the land of the living.

Psalms 27:14
Wait on the LORD; Be of good courage, And He shall strengthen your heart; Wait, I say, on the LORD!
(NKJV)

152 posted on 11/06/2006 6:43:07 PM PST by alpha-8-25-02 ("SAVED BY GRACE AND GRACE ALONE")
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 141 | View Replies]

To: Hydroshock; pollywog; hosepipe; Pegita; Tribune7; Cedar; syriacus; trussell; dandelion; alnick; ...

Election prayer bump!

Praise the LORD! O give thanks to the LORD, for he is good;
for his steadfast love endures for ever!
Who can utter the mighty doings of the LORD,
or show forth all his praise?
Blessed are they who observe justice,
who do righteousness at all times!
Remember me, O LORD, when thou showest favor to thy people;
help me when thou deliverest them;
that I may see the prosperity of thy chosen ones, that I may rejoice in the gladness of thy nation,
that I may glory with thy heritage.

Psalm 106: 1-5

Lord, teach us to trust youo, be open to your will, and help us do the right thing. Bless our country tomorrow.

In the name of Jesus, Amen.

153 posted on 11/06/2006 7:05:14 PM PST by Knitting A Conundrum (Act Justly, Love Mercy, and Walk Humbly With God Micah 6:8)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 152 | View Replies]

To: Knitting A Conundrum

prayer bump

154 posted on 11/06/2006 7:12:36 PM PST by Tribune7 (Go Swann Go Santorum)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 153 | View Replies]

To: Tribune7

Praying for the Republicans tomorrow..and for President Bush, VP Cheney, Rummy, Condi, and our military.

Tomorrow is going to set the stage for our country at least for the next few years...I pray that the right decisions are made in the polling booths for the safety of our country.

155 posted on 11/06/2006 7:25:14 PM PST by Txsleuth (EVERYONE VOTE---AND VOTE REPUBLICAN,...even if you have to hold your nose!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 154 | View Replies]

To: alpha-8-25-02
Onward, Christian soldiers, marching as to war, with the cross of Jesus going on before. Christ, the royal Master, leads against the foe; forward into battle see his banners go! Refrain:

Onward, Christian soldiers, marching as to war, with the cross of Jesus going on before.

2. At the sign of triumph Satan's host doth flee; on then, Christian soldiers, on to victory! Hell's foundations quiver at the shout of praise; brothers, lift your voices, loud your anthems raise.

(Refrain) 3. Like a mighty army moves the church of God; brothers, we are treading where the saints have trod. We are not divided, all one body we, one in hope and doctrine, one in charity.

(Refrain) 4. Crowns and thrones may perish, kingdoms rise and wane, but the church of Jesus constant will remain. Gates of hell can never gainst that church prevail; we have Christ's own promise, and that cannot fail.

(Refrain) 5. Onward then, ye people, join our happy throng, blend with ours your voices in the triumph song. Glory, laud, and honor unto Christ the King, this through countless ages men and angels sing. (Refrain)

156 posted on 11/06/2006 7:25:46 PM PST by pollywog (Psalm 44:5 "Put your HOPE in God, for I will yet praise Him, my Savior and my God.")

I'm praying once again for this President to be able to lead this country without the democrats trying to bring him down or getting the power to bring him down!!!!

157 posted on 11/06/2006 7:25:57 PM PST by Jewels1091
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

OH Alpha!!!! I needed these verses tonight!!!!!!!!!!
Going to copy them off and put them on the fridge!!
Suffering terribly with a bout of depression tonight. It is great to know that we have nothing to be afraid of when God is in Control!!!!!

158 posted on 11/06/2006 7:27:22 PM PST by pollywog (Psalm 44:5 "Put your HOPE in God, for I will yet praise Him, my Savior and my God.")

Lord, please...

You know the rest.

159 posted on 11/06/2006 7:32:48 PM PST by radiohead (Hey Kerry, I'm still here; still hating your lying, stinking, guts you coward.)

To: E.G.C.; Brad's Gramma; Kitty Mittens; kitkat; Knitting A Conundrum; onyx; Pegita; ohioWfan; All

Fervent prayer

P U M P !

160 posted on 11/06/2006 7:37:17 PM PST by STARWISE (They (Rats) think of this WOT as Bush's war, not America's war-RichardMiniter, respected OBL author)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 100 | View Replies]

Amen.

161 posted on 11/06/2006 7:40:26 PM PST by BlueAngel
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

Father God, please grant our nation Your grace and mercy. In Jesus name we gather here to ask for Your hand on this election. Please open the eyes of our citizens. We pray they are moved to vote and vote wisely. We pray that those who would seek to corrupt are cast aside. We pray that those who cheat are exposed. Please grant this nation those leaders that would glorify You. Let it be so, in Jesus name, Amen.

162 posted on 11/06/2006 7:51:31 PM PST by Sea2ShiningSea

Amen!

Praying with you all in solidarity.

163 posted on 11/06/2006 7:54:48 PM PST by Fudd Fan (Stop RAT infestation... VOTE REPUBLICAN!!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

Amen.

164 posted on 11/06/2006 8:00:24 PM PST by crabbie

To: Txsleuth

Prayer bump

165 posted on 11/06/2006 8:05:39 PM PST by Tribune7 (Go Swann Go Santorum)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 155 | View Replies]

To: All

Joining you in prayer tonight for election victory tomorrow! [Good must prevail over evil -- the security and prosperity of our country is at stake!]

166 posted on 11/06/2006 8:08:00 PM PST by DrDeb
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 164 | View Replies]

To: Sea2ShiningSea
Father God, please grant our nation Your grace and mercy. In Jesus name we gather here to ask for Your hand on this election. Please open the eyes of our citizens. We pray they are moved to vote and vote wisely. We pray that those who would seek to corrupt are cast aside. We pray that those who cheat are exposed. Please grant this nation those leaders that would glorify You. Let it be so, in Jesus name, Amen.

AMEN

167 posted on 11/06/2006 8:53:27 PM PST by pollywog (Psalm 44:5 "Put your HOPE in God, for I will yet praise Him, my Savior and my God.")
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 162 | View Replies]

I'm in.
I have been praying for the last few days. I was glad to see the prayer threads. The Lord brought to my mind, Amos 5:24..."Let justice flow down like waters and righteousness like an everlasting stream..."
This is found in a section of scriptue calling for repentance. We have much of which we are guilty before the Lord, but He knows we are trying to see that righteousness prevails, and that the power of baby-killers and those who would endanger and pervert the whole nation will be defeated, if we can do it in His strength.
I pray He will help us to bring forth justice and righteousness in the election tomorrow. I pray that He will rejoice the hearts of His people and give us the victory over liars and murderers.............I pray that Jesus is glorified by the Church.

168 posted on 11/06/2006 9:20:07 PM PST by bperiwinkle7 ( In the beginning was the WORD,,,,,,,,,,,,,,)

To: bperiwinkle7; Knitting A Conundrum
Amen to your thoughts and prayer ...

It is unto You, O Lord, that we return, with hearts filled with praise for your loving kindness. Only by Your mercy have we been blessed ... only by Your grace have we been sustained ... only through the Blood of Christ can there be victory.

May those who have worked tirelessly to bring about righteous authority, rest well this night. May those who have worked tirelessly to bring about our destruction, find tortured thoughts in a sleepless night. May there be untold numbers in prayer that You would forgive ... that You would heal ... that You would lead ... that You would be glorified.

Merciful Father, may the salt of our tears preserve our beloved land ... may the desire of our hearts translate into a tidal wave of committed Americans intent on holding back an evil onslaught ... may we be bold and confident, for the battle, and the victory, belong to the Lord.

And may it be, Merciful Father, that a national awakening will take place throughout the day, and that this awakening will become an overwhelming mandate for precious life and Godly principles and values that are aligned with Your will and Your Word and Your way.

Thank You, Creator God, for bringing us to this moment in our nation's history ... may we be good stewards of this opportunity and responsible citizens of Your earthly realm.

To You, O God, be the Glory ... great things You have done, and continue to do. Blessed be Your Name, now and forevermore, Amen ...
169 posted on 11/06/2006 9:51:57 PM PST by Pegita ('Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus, just to take Him at His Word ...)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 168 | View Replies]

To: Pegita

I pray to the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Moses:
the God of the Pauper, the Peasant, the Pawn,
to the God of the gale and the mountain -
the God of the fire and the flood...

Be merciful to me, a sinner.

The God of Love is also the God of Justice.

May we wait upon His Word, and when receiving it, act;
May we wait upon His mercy, and when receiving it, share;
May we wait upon His Will, and when receiving it, rejoice.

I pray to the God of All - You hear my prayer Oh God! To He Who Has Overcome the World, we lift our hands in praise!

In Christ's name, May It Be Done...

170 posted on 11/07/2006 12:53:26 AM PST by dandelion
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 169 | View Replies]

Thank you so much for including me in your prayers, dear Knitting.
Indeed, God, bless America, land that I love.

171 posted on 11/07/2006 1:21:25 AM PST by .30Carbine ("To be always relevant, you have to say things which are eternal." ~Simone Weil)

Thank you, alpha.

172 posted on 11/07/2006 1:21:57 AM PST by .30Carbine ("To be always relevant, you have to say things which are eternal." ~Simone Weil)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 137 | View Replies]

I pray that the Lord will bless our nation, and that leaders be elected tomorrow, who will do His will, and help to make our nation into one that is pleasing to Him.

I also pray that the plans of those who actively work against the Lord, who would attempt to remove even His name from society, I pray that all their plans be thwarted and that no one is deceived by them. I ask in the name of Jesus. Amen.

173 posted on 11/07/2006 1:40:04 AM PST by Pajamajan (Staying home on election day=Voting democRAT=Liberals running our country=Suicide)

To: STARWISE

BTTT

174 posted on 11/07/2006 2:56:36 AM PST by E.G.C.
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 160 | View Replies]

BTTT

175 posted on 11/07/2006 2:56:47 AM PST by E.G.C.

God Bless Our Native Land

God bless our native land!
Firm may she ever stand thro' storm and night!
When the wild tempests rave,
Ruler of wind and wave,
Do Thou our country save
By Thy great might.

For her our prayer shall rise
To God above the skies; on Him we wait.
Thou who are ever nigh,
Guarding with watchful eye,
To Thee aloud we cry,
God save the State!

Amen.

176 posted on 11/07/2006 3:33:54 AM PST by MissMagnolia (Tuesday, Nov. 7: Broken glass, baby, broken glass!)

Amen. and BTTT

177 posted on 11/07/2006 4:13:24 AM PST by syriacus (Make calls to help Santorum -- http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/1732142/posts)

To: ohioWfan

Amen, Ohio, amen.

178 posted on 11/07/2006 4:27:36 AM PST by pinz-n-needlez (Jack Bauer wears Tony Snow pajamas)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 141 | View Replies]

To: Hydroshock; pollywog; hosepipe; Pegita; Tribune7; Cedar; syriacus; trussell; dandelion; alnick; ...

Election Morning Prayer Bump!

I call heaven and earth to witness against you this day, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and curse; therefore choose life, that you and your descendants may live.

Deuteronomy 30:19

Who is the man that fears the LORD? Him will he instruct in the way that he should choose.

Psalm 25:12

Do not envy a man of violence and do not choose any of his ways; for the perverse man is an abomination to the LORD, but the upright are in his confidence.

Proverbs3: 31-32

O Father of us all, today, as this nation heads to select leaders, enter the hearts of all persons of good will, and guide them to choose the people and vote for the issues that will most please you and furhter your will. We ask your blessing on all those who work to keep the vote honest, and ask you to uncover and confound those who would intefere with this process.

Hold our nation in the palm of your hand, for even though there are those among our cultural leaders, in the media and in the schools who would tell is that black is white and white is black, there are many, many here who are working for your will, who are fighting to stand up for what is right and show the way to their fellow man. May these people be the salt and light and leaven this country needs to have it move in the way you would have us move.

In the name of Jesus, our Lord and Savior, Amen.

179 posted on 11/07/2006 4:45:01 AM PST by Knitting A Conundrum (Act Justly, Love Mercy, and Walk Humbly With God Micah 6:8)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 178 | View Replies]

This seemed to me like a great psalm to hold in the heart for today:

Psalm 64

Hear my voice, O God, in my complaint;
preserve my life from dread of the enemy,
hide me from the secret plots of the wicked,
from the scheming of evildoers,
who whet their tongues like swords,
who aim bitter words like arrows,
shooting from ambush at the blameless,
shooting at him suddenly and without fear.
They hold fast to their evil purpose;
they talk of laying snares secretly,
thinking, "Who can see us?
Who can search out our crimes?
We have thought out a cunningly conceived plot."

For the inward mind and heart of a man are deep!
But God will shoot his arrow at them;
they will be wounded suddenly.
Because of their tongue he will bring them to ruin;
all who see them will wag their heads.
Then all men will fear;
they will tell what God has wrought,
and ponder what he has done.

Let the righteous rejoice in the LORD,
and take refuge in him!
Let all the upright in heart glory!

180 posted on 11/07/2006 5:08:55 AM PST by Knitting A Conundrum (Act Justly, Love Mercy, and Walk Humbly With God Micah 6:8)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 179 | View Replies]

Dear Precious People,
I haven't been on a prayer thread in a while and I am so blessed to pray with you all. I remember you Peg. I thank God for you and for all the brothers and sisters in Christ.
In agreement with your prayer.

181 posted on 11/07/2006 5:10:23 AM PST by bperiwinkle7 ( In the beginning was the WORD,,,,,,,,,,,,,,)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 169 | View Replies]

BTTT

182 posted on 11/07/2006 5:11:30 AM PST by E.G.C.
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 180 | View Replies]

BTTT

183 posted on 11/07/2006 5:11:42 AM PST by E.G.C.

Amen and BTTT

184 posted on 11/07/2006 5:14:24 AM PST by crabbie
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 180 | View Replies]

To: Knitting A Conundrum; All; Krodg; Zechariah11; LuvyaDubya; Paul_B; Howlin; BlessedAmerican; ...

Habakkuk 3:1
A prayer of Habakkuk the prophet, on Shigionoth.

Habakkuk 3:2
O LORD, I have heard your speech and was afraid; O LORD, revive Your work in the midst of the years! In the midst of the years make it known; In wrath remember mercy.

Habakkuk 3:3
God came from Teman, The Holy One from Mount Paran. Selah His glory covered the heavens, And the earth was full of His praise.

Habakkuk 3:4
His brightness was like the light; He had rays flashing from His hand, And there His power was hidden.

Habakkuk 3:5
Before Him went pestilence, And fever followed at His feet.

Habakkuk 3:6
He stood and measured the earth; He looked and startled the nations. And the everlasting mountains were scattered, The perpetual hills bowed. His ways are everlasting.

Habakkuk 3:7
I saw the tents of Cushan in affliction; The curtains of the land of Midian trembled.

Habakkuk 3:8
O LORD, were You displeased with the rivers, Was Your anger against the rivers, Was Your wrath against the sea, That You rode on Your horses, Your chariots of salvation?

Habakkuk 3:9
Your bow was made quite ready; Oaths were sworn over Your arrows. Selah You divided the earth with rivers.

Habakkuk 3:10
The mountains saw You and trembled; The overflowing of the water passed by. The deep uttered its voice, And lifted its hands on high.

Habakkuk 3:11
The sun and moon stood still in their habitation; At the light of Your arrows they went, At the shining of Your glittering spear.

Habakkuk 3:12
You marched through the land in indignation; You trampled the nations in anger.

Habakkuk 3:13
You went forth for the salvation of Your people, For salvation with Your Anointed. You struck the head from the house of the wicked, By laying bare from foundation to neck. Selah

Habakkuk 3:14
You thrust through with his own arrows The head of his villages. They came out like a whirlwind to scatter me; Their rejoicing was like feasting on the poor in secret.

Habakkuk 3:15
You walked through the sea with Your horses, Through the heap of great waters.

Habakkuk 3:16
When I heard, my body trembled; My lips quivered at the voice; Rottenness entered my bones; And I trembled in myself, That I might rest in the day of trouble. When he comes up to the people, He will invade them with his troops.

Habakkuk 3:17
Though the fig tree may not blossom, Nor fruit be on the vines; Though the labor of the olive may fail, And the fields yield no food; Though the flock may be cut off from the fold, And there be no herd in the stalls-

Habakkuk 3:18
Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation.

Habakkuk 3:19
The LORD God is my strength; He will make my feet like deer's feet, And He will make me walk on my high hills. To the Chief Musician. With my stringed instruments.
(NKJV)

http://www.spurgeon.org/sermons/2598.htm

"O Lord, revive thy work."—Habakkuk 3:2.

All true religion is the work of God: it is pre-eminently so. If he should select out of his works that which he esteems most of all, he would select true religion. He regards the work of grace as being even more glorious than the works of nature; and he is, therefore, especially careful that it shall always be known, so that if any one dare to deny it, they shall do so in the teeth of repeated testimonies to the contrary, that God is indeed the author of salvation in the world and in the hearts of men, and that religion is the effect of grace, and is the work of God. I believe the Eternal might sooner forgive the sin of ascribing the creation of the heavens and of the earth to an idol, than that of ascribing the works of grace to the efforts of the flesh, or to any thing else but God. It is a sin of the greatest magnitude to suppose that there is aught in the heart which can be acceptable unto God, save that which God himself has first created there. When I deny God's work in creating the sun, I deny one truth; but when I deny that he works grace in the heart, I deny a hundred truths in one; for in the denial of that one great truth, that God is the author of good in the souls of men, I have denied all the doctrines which make up the great articles of faith, and have run in the very teeth of the whole testimony of sacred Scripture. I trust, beloved, that many of us have been taught, that if there be any thing in our souls which can carry us to heaven, it is God's work, and, moreover, that if there be aught that is good and excellent found in his church, it is entirely God's work, from first to last. We firmly believe that it is God who quickens the soul which was dead, positively "dead in trespasses and sins;" that it is God who maintains the life of that soul, and God who consummates and perfects that life in the home of the blessed, in the land of the hereafter. We ascribe nothing to man, but all to God. We dare not for a moment think that the conversion of the soul is effected either by its own effort or by the efforts of others; we conceive that there are means and agencies employed, but that the work is, both alpha and omega, wholly the Lord's. We think, therefore, that we are right in applying the text to the work of divine grace, both in the heart and in the church at large; and we think we can have no subject more appropriate for our consideration than the text. "O Lord, revive thy work!"

C.H.SPURGEON

SOLI DEO GLORIA!

185 posted on 11/07/2006 5:20:51 AM PST by alpha-8-25-02 ("SAVED BY GRACE AND GRACE ALONE")

Into Your hands, O Lord, we commit the events of this day. You have heard the prayers of our hearts and our lips ... You have seen the tears and took note of our anguish ... now we go forth to cast our vote. May it be, Merciful Father, that the Holy Spirit will prevail ... that the heart and conscience of the people will be quickened to recall the goodness of candidates ... that evil will resoundingly be rejected. Expose fraud to the light of truth ... let not the guilty find any refuge. Bring forth a tidal wave of voters who see life as You do ... may their votes far outnumber those who see life through the lens of the prince of the power of the air. Let not power and authority be their reward, but bring them to naught, O God we pray.

In quietness of heart we now wait upon You, O Lord, yet we continue in prayer, that we might find help and mercy in time of need.

May it be thus, O Lord, may it be thus, in the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ we pray, Amen ...
186 posted on 11/07/2006 5:21:39 AM PST by Pegita ('Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus, just to take Him at His Word ...)

Amen, Pegita!

187 posted on 11/07/2006 5:25:13 AM PST by Knitting A Conundrum (Act Justly, Love Mercy, and Walk Humbly With God Micah 6:8)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 186 | View Replies]

Lord, we come to you in prayer. We thank you for all that you have done for us in your Glory. We thank you for this Great Country that you have created out of your Grace and Mercy. We ask for your Forgiveness for our sins and Transgressions. We pray that Your will be done.

We pray that Godly Men would be elected and give them wisdom through Your Son Jesus Christ. We pray for Healing acrross this nation. We pray you show your loving Hand once again.

Lord we pray for Salvation and a Revival to come across this Land and a return to your ways.

In Jesus Holy Name,
Amen

188 posted on 11/07/2006 5:26:25 AM PST by bray (Voting for the Rats is a Death Wish)

To: Knitting A Conundrum; bmwcyle; Cindy; Vicky; neverdem; Smartass; bitt; PhilDragoo; potlatch; ...

Lord, as the polls open today in yet another important election, I pray that people will recall the many examples given in the Bible about the benefits of giving You reverence and trusting completely, only in You and none other.

Lord, I confess my own failure to better appreciate this Nation called The United States of America and my own sins. I confess that I am forgiven of these and You will use even my failings to glorify Yourself and to prove that 'all things work together for good to them that love You and are called according to Your purpose.'

Thank you, Lord, for the privilege of being born here in America. Lord, let others see what has been accomplished in "One Nation, Under God" and go out and do likewise elsewhere. Let them not be filled with covetousness and envy but rather a healthy sense of purpose and encouragement and 'co-opetition' whereby we could live nation with nation, side by side, without unrest.

Lord, let there be many eyes, ears and hearts opened to the lies told about 'racism' which lies deny You and devalues the entire human race. Lord, let many know that there is ONE race--the human race, created by You and that the paint job doesn't matter, what matters is what's in the character and what we do with what we have. Let every human realize he or she is 'fearfully and wonderfully made' in Your image.

Lord, in Proverbs we are told an untrustworthy messenger is like trying to run on a broken foot. Let people not be deceived, nor support untrustworthy messengers masquerading as news media--and let us discern well who among them are trustworthy, for indeed some are worthy of our trust. Let us not permit those who scorn this Nation's own 'huddled masses,' her People who huddle at newsstands craving truth to be made merchandise of.

Let this People look with wise eyes and see the graffiti, the robberies, the thefts and the other crimes and know that some speak of punishing crime but seek to reward it. Let this People discern, and let us remove from power those unfaithful persons.

Let us return to the Ten Commandments.

Let us return to absolute truth and not reward those who lie and cheat and steal.

Be swift, Lord to judge and punish evildoers that escape human justice--but meanwhile let us be faithful to fearlessly and tirelessly strive to protect the innocent and the weak from oppressors. "Vengeance is Mine, saith the LORD.'

Be swift my soul to answer Him, be jubilant my feet,
Our God is marching on!

In Jesus' Name, amen

(this is a one-time special ping)

189 posted on 11/07/2006 5:30:24 AM PST by The Spirit Of Allegiance (Public Employees: Honor Your Oaths! Defend the Constitution from Enemies--Foreign and Domestic!)

To: bray
Lord we pray for Salvation and a Revival to come across this Land and a return to your ways.

May it be thus, O Lord, may it be thus, in the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ we pray, Amen ...

190 posted on 11/07/2006 5:30:37 AM PST by Pegita ('Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus, just to take Him at His Word ...)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 188 | View Replies]

Agreeing with every word of your powerful prayer!

191 posted on 11/07/2006 5:32:39 AM PST by kayak (Praying for MozartLover's son, Jemian's son, all our military, and our President every day!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 186 | View Replies]

To: The Spirit Of Allegiance

Amen!

192 posted on 11/07/2006 5:32:39 AM PST by Howlin
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 189 | View Replies]

Amen, Spirit, Amen ...

193 posted on 11/07/2006 5:34:10 AM PST by Pegita ('Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus, just to take Him at His Word ...)

Lord, you have the words of life.

Let those words perculate into all the hearts of those who will listen, and may they guide us this day, and always.

Bless America today, and may she be the tool to further your will.

Amen.

194 posted on 11/07/2006 5:35:36 AM PST by Knitting A Conundrum (Act Justly, Love Mercy, and Walk Humbly With God Micah 6:8)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 190 | View Replies]

195 posted on 11/07/2006 5:36:29 AM PST by kayak (Praying for MozartLover's son, Jemian's son, all our military, and our President every day!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 187 | View Replies]

Amen!

196 posted on 11/07/2006 5:36:57 AM PST by lysie ("Lowering the price to be paid by aggressors virtually guarantees more aggression." Dr. Sowell)

I posted this on the Sunday Talk Show Thread .... thought I would repost it today:

While I generally pray for the country & W, I did something in 2004 I had never done before ..... on election day I went by church and prayed. The sanctuary was dark and quiet with just some sunlight filtering in and I went up directly in front of the cross, got on my knees and prayed that God's will be done and that He would not turn his face away from America. It helped me a lot personally ... and considering the election results, I felt God was still listening. I will be doing the same thing this coming Tuesday today.

"The man must be bad indeed who can look upon the events of the American Revolution without feeling the warmest gratitude towards the great Author of the Universe whose divine interposition was so frequently manifested in our behalf." (George Washington 1789)

197 posted on 11/07/2006 5:37:46 AM PST by MissMagnolia (Tuesday, Nov. 7: Broken glass, baby, broken glass!)

The exit polls were wildly wrong in 2004. Do not pay attention to the Lamestream Media today...at all. They lie.

Here's a prayer for democrats to lose.

"Lord God, the lives of millions of unborn children depend on the results of this election. We pray for an overcoming majority in the Senate, so that pro-life judges can be nominated by our President and then receive confirmation by the Senate.

This is a prayer for life, and the sanctity of innocent life is dear to Your heart. Therefore, we acknowledge that this prayer is something You affirm and is, then,

In Jesus' name; Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Amen.

198 posted on 11/07/2006 5:37:55 AM PST by xzins (Retired Army Chaplain and proud of it! Supporting our troops means praying for them to WIN!)

(this is a one-time special ping)

And one I would not have wanted to miss. Be swift my soul indeed.

199 posted on 11/07/2006 5:38:54 AM PST by Bahbah (Support the military and their mission, vote Republican.)

Let people not be deceived, nor support untrustworthy messengers masquerading as news media--and let us discern well who among them are trustworthy,...

Amen.

I fear we are descending deeper into darkness across this country. I am heartened by the prayers, I distinctly recall the clear hand of God in the 2004 election. It is my prayer that we continue to pray for this great land entrusted to us well beyond this election. I pray that true, sweeping revival might wash over us and that we would again become the shining city upon the hill.

200 posted on 11/07/2006 5:40:00 AM PST by Obadiah

Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first previous 1-50 ... 101-150151-200201-250 ... 351-386 next last

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson