Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

Thank you for your service, Donald Rumsfeld
FreeRepublic ^ | November 8, 2006 | NonValueAdded

Posted on 11/08/2006 10:12:13 AM PST by NonValueAdded

Dear Secretary Rumsfeld,

Thank you for your service during these difficult times. God Bless You and your family and know that you will be sadly missed.

TOPICS:
KEYWORDS: secdef
Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-5051-100101-150151-181 next last
Please add your positive comments to this thread.
1 posted on 11/08/2006 10:12:15 AM PST by NonValueAdded
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: NonValueAdded

Please explain why these threads are being pulled, Admin? It is true, isn't it?

2 posted on 11/08/2006 10:13:36 AM PST by Richard Axtell
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

He will go down in history as one of the greats - if we have any history left in a few years............

3 posted on 11/08/2006 10:13:46 AM PST by Psalm 73 ("Gentlemen, you can't fight in here - this is the War Room".)

Is this true?

4 posted on 11/08/2006 10:13:49 AM PST by Fighting Irish (My opinions have been forged by where I've walked - not by who I hear on the radio)

Amen!

5 posted on 11/08/2006 10:13:54 AM PST by Enosh

Sickening. The scapegoating of a Great American Patriot.

6 posted on 11/08/2006 10:13:55 AM PST by Solamente (Let all the poisons that lurk in the mud hatch out...)

Positive? Like if he had quit a month ago, the Republicans would have likely held on to the Senate? Is that positive enough for you?

7 posted on 11/08/2006 10:14:04 AM PST by tyke

Chron.com

"You cannot have a new strategy (in Iraq) with the same incompetent management directing it," Rep. Rahm Emmanuel said on NBC's "Today." Asked specifically if the Democrats would press to force Rumsfeld out, he replied, "It is clear he has not met the challenges that we need in Iraq."

Looks like the Dems got their wish.

8 posted on 11/08/2006 10:14:04 AM PST by KeyLargo

bttt

9 posted on 11/08/2006 10:14:13 AM PST by firewalk

After transforming the military and helping free 50 million people, he deserves a rest!

I wish him a long and happy life - and a prosperous one, in the private sector, or whatever he chooses to do.

10 posted on 11/08/2006 10:14:34 AM PST by cvq3842

Thank you Sir for your service to the United States. You are loved by your men and by those of us who love this country.

11 posted on 11/08/2006 10:14:38 AM PST by trustandobey

Thank you Secretary Rumsfeld. My Air Force Son was honored to have met you for a few minutes at the Pentagon this Summer. Thanks for your service Mr. Rumsfeld

12 posted on 11/08/2006 10:14:40 AM PST by WBL 1952

I love Donald Rumsfeld, but I am not feeling very positive today about much of anything. Give me a day or two....

13 posted on 11/08/2006 10:14:52 AM PST by gramho12 (God help our country)

To: Fighting Irish

Yes, sadly true and the GWB press conference indicates it was in the works for a while.

14 posted on 11/08/2006 10:14:53 AM PST by NonValueAdded (Prayers for our patriot brother, 68-69TonkinGulfYachtClub. Brian, we're all pulling for you!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

Secretary Rumsfeld was a man far better than the fickle nation he served.

15 posted on 11/08/2006 10:15:12 AM PST by BeHoldAPaleHorse ( ~()):~)>)

He's a great patriot that I only wish the critics would have stopped slandering him.

16 posted on 11/08/2006 10:15:42 AM PST by tobyhill (The War on Terrorism is not for the weak.)

To: tyke
I agree. If he was going to resign, it should have been before the election.
17 posted on 11/08/2006 10:15:51 AM PST by Uncle Hal
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

thanks Mr Rumsfeld for all your service to America. God bless you and yours.Thanks for keeping my family safe

18 posted on 11/08/2006 10:16:13 AM PST by advertising guy

Rummy-
You are the best secretary of defense in my lifetime. Our troops and our country will miss you greatly. Go forward and be proud of your fine service to our America.

19 posted on 11/08/2006 10:16:45 AM PST by raisincane (Dims think we're all oblivious to the obvious)

I couldn't agree more. I wish him God's richest blessings and history SHOULD record him as one of the greats.

20 posted on 11/08/2006 10:16:55 AM PST by Dawgreg (Happiness is not having what you want, but wanting what you have.)

Thank you Mr. Secretary. You have my admiration, support and prayers.

21 posted on 11/08/2006 10:17:14 AM PST by SueRae

To: tyke; NonValueAdded
Didn't take long to run across some self-centered, blathering idiot intent on ruining this tribute to a decent, highly competent public servant who has made us all safer.

I join you, NVA, in extending my sincere appreciation to the best SecDef in my lifetime, bar none.

22 posted on 11/08/2006 10:19:07 AM PST by Coop (FR = a lotta talk, but little action)

To: Uncle Hal

re: Resigned earlier: then the Dems would have run even more attack ads and won even a few more seats with their CONSERVATIVE candidates that they USED to win the House and Senate.

We are at war and they want the best guy running the show to resign. Welcome to the liberals America. Hang onto your gun and your back pocket and look out for the new wave of illegals rushing here.

23 posted on 11/08/2006 10:19:22 AM PST by WBL 1952
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 17 | View Replies]

Why, oh why, do libs hate this man?

24 posted on 11/08/2006 10:19:27 AM PST by lesko

To: Psalm 73

We're fixin' to have empty-nest syndrome around here. I wonder if Gordon England will get promoted to the top now?

TC

25 posted on 11/08/2006 10:20:26 AM PST by Pentagon Leatherneck
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

God Bless you, Secretary Rumsfeld. Thank you for your unceasing loyalty and enduring, selfless service to our country.

26 posted on 11/08/2006 10:20:41 AM PST by cgk (I don't see myself as a conservative. I see myself as a religious, right-wing, wacko extremist.)

Thanks for a helluva response after 9/11.

The press conferences were great.

27 posted on 11/08/2006 10:20:54 AM PST by SittinYonder (Why has my tagline gone all haywire?)

To: Richard Axtell

Is this true that the threads are being pulled?

28 posted on 11/08/2006 10:21:02 AM PST by wouldntbprudent (If you can: Contribute more (babies) to the next generation of God-fearing American Patriots!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

To: Solamente
"The scapegoating of a Great American Patriot."

I concur whole heartedly.

As I understand it, the job of Secretary of a Department of the Federal Government is mainly an administrative one.

The members of the military execute the war, the President declares it.

29 posted on 11/08/2006 10:21:03 AM PST by Positive (Nothing is sadder than to see a beautiful theory murdered by a gang of brutal facts.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

Eagle Scout salute.

30 posted on 11/08/2006 10:21:10 AM PST by MarMema

To: lesko
Why, oh why, do libs hate this man?

Because he exposes their weakness, their cowardice and their failed policies that brought our nation 9/11.

31 posted on 11/08/2006 10:21:15 AM PST by Coop (FR = a lotta talk, but little action)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 24 | View Replies]

Thank you, Rummy! You gave 'em Hell and made us proud.

Rest with pride, sir.

32 posted on 11/08/2006 10:21:26 AM PST by SquirrelKing (Kayaking, environmental-conservationist, organic food eating, beer loving, gun owning conservative.)

To: cvq3842

Instead of the typical gold watch, the history of his service to The United States is rewarded with a stain.

33 posted on 11/08/2006 10:21:30 AM PST by Solamente (Let all the poisons that lurk in the mud hatch out...)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 10 | View Replies]

Rumsfeld rocks.

He would have been great as Cheney's Veep, or vice versa.

34 posted on 11/08/2006 10:22:17 AM PST by dead (I've got my eye out for Mullah Omar.)

Thank you Mr. Secretary for your service, your sacrafice, and your boldness in preparing and providing our Servicemen and Servicewomen of this nation for these trying times in which we live.

I pray for God's grace upon you and your family, and believe there are many tens of thousands of people who agree with me. This is a sad day for me, but hopefully the begining of many brighter, happier and less stress- filled days for you.

35 posted on 11/08/2006 10:22:47 AM PST by RobinWWJD

To: tyke

"Positive? Like if he had quit a month ago, the Republicans would have likely held on to the Senate? Is that positive enough for you?"

I'm positive you're right.

36 posted on 11/08/2006 10:23:01 AM PST by brownsfan (It's not a war on terror... it's a war with islam.)

To: KeyLargo

I will say it again, Bush is shown to be extemely weak. He is now seen as being dictated to by Ried and Stretch - and even worse - caving in to them. It is disgusting! I am listening to Rush waiting to hear how it can get worse.

37 posted on 11/08/2006 10:23:04 AM PST by 7thson (I've got a seat at the big conference table! I'm gonna paint my logo on it!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 8 | View Replies]

Like Douglas MacArthur, we sadly bid you bon voyage, good and trusted warrior. You have served America well, and brought honor upon all your endeavors, and those for whom you have served.

We salute you, and for what you have helped all of us to be.

38 posted on 11/08/2006 10:23:05 AM PST by alloysteel (Facts do not cease to exist, just because they are ignored. - Aldous Huxley)

To: gramho12

None of us feel real great today. We have to move on and plan for the next election to make sure that we regain power in the senate and house. No reason to feel down, because we can resolve the problem. For Rumsfield, he has done a magnificent job, and as a former Army grunt, I would follow Rummy, serve my country instead of hiding in a hole from the islamic idiots and their supporters, namely the cowardly democrat liberals, and draft dodgers of yore that once a leader of our country.

Bullfrog

39 posted on 11/08/2006 10:23:09 AM PST by Bullfrogg (American by Birth, Irish by heritage, hell raiser by choice)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 13 | View Replies]

God bless you Mr. Rumsfeld!!

You brought hope to this nation....to our military!

...You don't deserve this ....this...disrespect today.

.... we are heartbroken!!!!!!!

40 posted on 11/08/2006 10:23:31 AM PST by Guenevere

My son and myself thank you Rummy!

41 posted on 11/08/2006 10:23:43 AM PST by MountainDad

To: BeHoldAPaleHorse

Secretary Rumsfeld was a man far better than the fickle nation he served.""

You said it better than I could manage to do.

My heart is heavy over this loss of experience and stability. He will be missed by more Americans than we can ever forecast.

42 posted on 11/08/2006 10:23:43 AM PST by ridesthemiles
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 15 | View Replies]

Thank you for your service, Mr. Rumsfeld. I hope that you will be able to return to private enterprise... you know, the closing world once called "free".

43 posted on 11/08/2006 10:23:58 AM PST by oblomov (Join the FR Folding@Home Team (#36120) keyword: folding@home)

To: Solamente

Did not England do the same to Churchill when the war was won?

44 posted on 11/08/2006 10:24:15 AM PST by SF Republican
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

Donald Rumsfeld has been a great Secretary of Defense. He will be greatly missed.

No I am not changing my screenname!

45 posted on 11/08/2006 10:24:15 AM PST by Rummyfan (Iraq: Give therapeutic violence a chance!)

Rumsfeld was a great man, and doesn't deserve what's happening to him. Is this our first sacrifice to our new Overlords?

46 posted on 11/08/2006 10:24:23 AM PST by DesScorp

Godspeed.

47 posted on 11/08/2006 10:24:32 AM PST by the invisib1e hand (* nuke * the * jihad *)

Dear Secretary Rumsfeld: You have been an absolute delight. In addition to being one of the most competent Sec Def we've ever had, your wit and good humor have been glorious to behold.

You will be missed sir. Thank you for your service.

48 posted on 11/08/2006 10:25:38 AM PST by McGavin999 (Republicans take out our trash, Democrats re-elect theirs)

Goodbye to the best defense secretary since Cap Weinberger.

You'll be missed sir.
49 posted on 11/08/2006 10:25:57 AM PST by reagan_fanatic (The fool hath said in his heart, there is no God." (Psalm 53:1))

I want to go on record as saying this is a dispicable manner treting Rumsfeld this way. Being the political patriot he is, he knows the game and will play by the rules. He did not have to be SECDEF but answered the call. He could have undermined the President numerous times as Powell and other's did. This is how you get rewarded in a Bush administration. Loyalty only seems to flow one way according to the Bush's. How many good people have the Bush's abandoned and thrown under the bus? This is the last straw for me. I will never, never vote for anyone connected to the Bush's ever again.

50 posted on 11/08/2006 10:26:33 AM PST by 7thson (I've got a seat at the big conference table! I'm gonna paint my logo on it!)

Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-5051-100101-150151-181 next last

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson