Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

To: Slings and Arrows

The mike was close to the babtristy and when wet is a deathly shock hazard.

Churches are probably exempt from OSHA regulation, but the preacher is near a fatal on the job hazard.

16 posted on 12/01/2006 4:14:15 PM PST by bert (K.E. N.P. Rozerem commercials give me nightmares)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies ]

To: bert

You've got a point. A wireless mic might save the newly baptized from an immediate need for that baptism.

17 posted on 12/01/2006 8:59:01 PM PST by Slings and Arrows ("Sunni or later Shi'ite happens." --spokeshave)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 16 | View Replies ]

To: bert; Slings and Arrows

No kidding. That happened at University Baptist Church in Waco, Texas a year or two ago. The microphone wasn't splashed by a cannonball, of course, but the young pastor was somehow elecrocuted and he died. It was unreal and horrible.

I bet Cannonball Boy got a big, stinking spanking after church. My parents nearly killed me for wreaking major havoc on a Christmas pageant (playing an angel, oddly enough) when I was too young to even remember it, but they absolutely would have gone through with it if I'd monkeyed up my baptism like this guy did. Not to mention the questions he undoubtedly raised about his grasp of becoming a Christian and being baptized in the first place. I bet he gets a heap more "decision counseling" after his backside recovers.

Wow, I really do sound like Religioncop. ;o)

18 posted on 12/01/2006 11:46:05 PM PST by TXBlair ("He is burnt up like a weenie and his name is Fred!"--Will Smith)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 16 | View Replies ]

Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson