The mike was close to the babtristy and when wet is a deathly shock hazard.
Churches are probably exempt from OSHA regulation, but the preacher is near a fatal on the job hazard.
You've got a point. A wireless mic might save the newly baptized from an immediate need for that baptism.
No kidding. That happened at University Baptist Church in Waco, Texas a year or two ago. The microphone wasn't splashed by a cannonball, of course, but the young pastor was somehow elecrocuted and he died. It was unreal and horrible.
I bet Cannonball Boy got a big, stinking spanking after church. My parents nearly killed me for wreaking major havoc on a Christmas pageant (playing an angel, oddly enough) when I was too young to even remember it, but they absolutely would have gone through with it if I'd monkeyed up my baptism like this guy did. Not to mention the questions he undoubtedly raised about his grasp of becoming a Christian and being baptized in the first place. I bet he gets a heap more "decision counseling" after his backside recovers.
Wow, I really do sound like Religioncop. ;o)