Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

To: Brujo
?!? You can't make this stuff up!

I used to live in Rogue River. I now am 7 miles from the town still using the PO box there for 9 years.

I would have paid to watch the Police officers chase these kids around when I lived there

Population around 2000 souls. Most of whom are very nice people.

Sports are big there and the kids are serious players and hold some great wins. Other than sports and church activities there is little for the kids to do around town, so the kids get very bored that are not into sports and Church activities.

Not even an arcade or bowling alley to hang out at. Just the old folks community center and a few restaurants that would rather not have the young people around.

There was a small restaurant (when I lived there) that held Friday night dances for the kids with religious bands only allowed.

The politics and controversy with the Police Dept/City Council for control are on par with the Keystone Cops per my friends who still live there.

15 posted on 08/29/2007 12:19:05 AM PDT by wanderin
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies ]

To: wanderin

Rogue River.....wow, what a blast from the past. I bought my very first car from a friend of my father’s, who lived in Rogue River.

1964 1/2 Mustang. Three speed on the column, no synchro in first gear, all beat-up. In 1973 we didn’t know that it was a valuable collector’s item.

17 posted on 09/05/2007 4:11:40 PM PDT by jimtorr
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 15 | View Replies ]

To: wanderin
The politics and controversy with the Police Dept/City Council for control are on par with the Keystone Cops per my friends who still live there.

That is about right... Try Gold Hill for the same...

19 posted on 09/05/2007 4:22:26 PM PDT by Sir Francis Dashwood (LET'S ROLL!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 15 | View Replies ]

Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson