Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

Amy's Place ... Poetry and Potpourri ... July, 2008
July 1, 2008 | JustAmy; St.Louie1; MamaBear; Billie

Posted on 06/30/2008 10:26:42 PM PDT by JustAmy

Welcome To....

'Amy's Place' welcomes all poets
and those who enjoy poetry.
'Amy's Place' is more than just about poetry.
Come in, relax, and share with fellow FReepers
your thoughts about any of the things on the *Menu*.

Enjoy! :)

Never Forget!

Bad Penny

Amy's personal guardian ~
the ever charming, lovable, huggable,

LouieWolf

Many thanks for stopping by. : )

TOPICS: Humor; Miscellaneous; Poetry; The Poetry Branch
KEYWORDS: amysplace; friends; friendship; july
Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first previous 1-5051-100101-150151-200 ... 2,301-2,316 next last
To: Cardhu

I would not enjoy your crowded beach .... I would get very claustraphobic.

The above picture was taken in May, but it is my idea of a pleasant beach. LOL

Hope you are enjoying this Summer DAy!

51 posted on 07/01/2008 11:54:23 AM PDT by JustAmy (I wear red every Friday, but I support our Military everyday!!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 31 | View Replies]

To: jaycee

I hope your son can get your computer “stuff” fixed.

I’m learning to live with mine. I can’t get mail on this darn computer; I have to use Marissa’s. Not convenient.

52 posted on 07/01/2008 11:56:42 AM PDT by JustAmy (I wear red every Friday, but I support our Military everyday!!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 39 | View Replies]

: )

Thanks.

53 posted on 07/01/2008 11:57:51 AM PDT by JustAmy (I wear red every Friday, but I support our Military everyday!!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 40 | View Replies]

To: JustAmy

Thats the kind of beach I like although they are hard to find. Myrtle Beach was never that crowded like the other pics. but we always went way down to North M.B. and could get a wonderful place to stay and the beaches were not crowded in the North section.

54 posted on 07/01/2008 12:00:05 PM PDT by jaycee
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 51 | View Replies]

I'll take this....

I FEEL NAPTIME VERY CLOSE~~~
55 posted on 07/01/2008 12:06:34 PM PDT by jaycee
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 51 | View Replies]

Thank you, Amy..How beautiful!

56 posted on 07/01/2008 12:23:50 PM PDT by MEG33 (God Bless Our Military)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 25 | View Replies]

I found that graphic as is.

I can write simple things on graphics but I can’t get fancy.

57 posted on 07/01/2008 12:41:16 PM PDT by JustAmy (I wear red every Friday, but I support our Military everyday!!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 41 | View Replies]

To: Mama_Bear; dutchess; DollyCali; WVNan

Talking about vacations reminded me of the terrific time we had in Ohio and WV.

Dutchess taking us to the Columbus Zoo was a special time.

The picnic with Dolly and other Ohio Freepers was a really fun time.

Then the time with Mr and Mrs WVNan was wonderful.

Such great memories. I reviewed the pictures this morning and relived those days.

58 posted on 07/01/2008 12:45:00 PM PDT by JustAmy (I wear red every Friday, but I support our Military everyday!!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 42 | View Replies]

To: yorkie

Good afternoon, Yorkie.

Nice to see you today.

I cannot imagine how anyone could enjoy a beach that crowded.

Kinda rushed again today ... need to leave at 1:30.

Have a terrific Tuesday.

59 posted on 07/01/2008 12:55:02 PM PDT by JustAmy (I wear red every Friday, but I support our Military everyday!!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 46 | View Replies]

On the California coast, it depends on when and where you go.

We like Avila because they have a great beach and we are not afraid to let Marissa play in the water and on the beach.

It is almost time to leave for another swim lesson; I will see you this evening.

60 posted on 07/01/2008 12:57:46 PM PDT by JustAmy (I wear red every Friday, but I support our Military everyday!!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 54 | View Replies]

Yessss ...

;^ )

61 posted on 07/01/2008 12:58:53 PM PDT by JustAmy (I wear red every Friday, but I support our Military everyday!!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 55 | View Replies]

To: MEG33

);-o

62 posted on 07/01/2008 1:00:06 PM PDT by JustAmy (I wear red every Friday, but I support our Military everyday!!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 56 | View Replies]

To: JustAmy; OESY; Lady Jag; Billie; DollyCali; gardengirl; NicknamedBob; MEG33; jaycee; Mama_Bear; ...
PowerPoint Presentation with music.

CIRQUE DU SOLEIL

After clicking on the picture click Download

Auto Advance.

For those of you that do not have PowerPoint
the FREE Microsoft PowerPoint Reader can be downloaded from Here or HERE

Cirque du soleil
Click the picture to see the Presentation.

63 posted on 07/01/2008 2:11:45 PM PDT by Cardhu (Be happy, today you will be the youngest you will ever be.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 62 | View Replies]

Beautiful, Cardhu! Also loved the music “Around the World”.

64 posted on 07/01/2008 2:24:54 PM PDT by jaycee
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 63 | View Replies]

Thanks Jaycee.

65 posted on 07/01/2008 2:36:27 PM PDT by Cardhu (Be happy, today you will be the youngest you will ever be.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 64 | View Replies]

To: JustAmy; All

Happy Tuesday, everybody!

66 posted on 07/01/2008 2:48:41 PM PDT by yorkie ( Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....It's about learning to dance in the rain.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 59 | View Replies]

LOL!

67 posted on 07/01/2008 3:08:35 PM PDT by MEG33 (God Bless Our Military)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 66 | View Replies]

To: Kitty Mittens

Thank you dear Kitty Mittens for your prayers on behalf of Shelby. The Doctor feels she is doing better.That is good news.
Polly

68 posted on 07/01/2008 4:17:06 PM PDT by pollywog (I will lift mine eyes to the hills from whence cometh my help. My help comes from the Lord...Ps 121)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 32 | View Replies]

98 and with humidity too I bet...

That’s just nasty. My day is done for work but gotta join the family for Canadian fireworks.

69 posted on 07/01/2008 5:15:26 PM PDT by The Mayor ( In God’s works we see His hand; in His Word we hear His heart)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 18 | View Replies]

I had a few good smiles today! Thanks Amy.

70 posted on 07/01/2008 5:20:25 PM PDT by The Mayor ( In God’s works we see His hand; in His Word we hear His heart)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 30 | View Replies]

WOW .... a stunning performance.

Thank you for another beautiful presentation.

71 posted on 07/01/2008 8:55:25 PM PDT by JustAmy (I wear red every Friday, but I support our Military everyday!!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 63 | View Replies]

LOL

72 posted on 07/01/2008 9:00:38 PM PDT by JustAmy (I wear red every Friday, but I support our Military everyday!!)

Sunday, Monday & Tuesday BUMP for Wednesday!

73 posted on 07/01/2008 10:13:46 PM PDT by PGalt
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

Shonan Coast beach in summer

Oh, no....that is not for me! I sooner never set foot on a beach than have to deal with those kinds of crowds.

74 posted on 07/01/2008 11:17:50 PM PDT by Mama_Bear (My heroes wear camouflage!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 46 | View Replies]

Such great memories.

Yes, indeed! I am so glad you talked me into going. I had the best time!

75 posted on 07/01/2008 11:20:14 PM PDT by Mama_Bear (My heroes wear camouflage!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 58 | View Replies]

LOL!! Thanks for the smiles, yorkie. :-)

76 posted on 07/01/2008 11:21:48 PM PDT by Mama_Bear (My heroes wear camouflage!)

To: PGalt
Bumpin' you right back! Have a good one, PGalt.

77 posted on 07/01/2008 11:25:59 PM PDT by Mama_Bear (My heroes wear camouflage!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 73 | View Replies]

To: Billie; dutchess; GodBlessUSA; JustAmy; deadhead; jaycee; LUV W; mathluv; DollyCali; Dubya; Gabz; ..

Freep mail me to be on or off the Daily Bread ping list

July 2, 2008
Being An Ambassador
[God] has committed to us the word of reconciliation. Now then, we are ambassadors for Christ. —2 Corinthians 5:19-20

After visiting a homeless shelter, a group of teenagers couldn’t wait to express what they had experienced. Excitedly, they wrote about their visits with men and women of all ages who were poor and destitute.

One teen wrote: “I talked with a Vietnam vet and told him that in heaven he would have a new body. I was able to reassure him in his faith.”

Another said, “A guy named Michael showed me that even though he was living in a homeless shelter, having faith made all the difference.”

Still another wrote: “I talked with a man who had almost stopped believing in God. I tried to [encourage him in his faith].”

While desiring to share God’s message of reconciliation, these teens were surprised to find that some of the people already knew God. By cutting through the discomfort of their differences, the kids discovered people who needed the reassurance that God still cared for them. The teens’ roles changed from sharing the good news to guiding their new friends toward a deeper faith.

Being “ambassadors for Christ” (2 Cor. 5:20) opens doors of opportunity both to share the gospel and to strengthen the struggling. Seek out someone today who needs encouragement or “the word of reconciliation” (v.19).

Lord, use us as Your instruments
Of truth and love and care,
And may we bring encouragement
As Your good news we share. —Sper

A word of encouragement can make the difference between giving up and going on.

Bible in One Year: 2 Chronicles 16–18; Proverbs 1:8-19

78 posted on 07/02/2008 5:47:50 AM PDT by The Mayor ( In God’s works we see His hand; in His Word we hear His heart)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 77 | View Replies]

To: JustAmy; All
well, where the heck is my post from yesterday?

probably in the Dolly Graveyard of posts that were previewed & THOUGHT to have been posted but not..

yuk.. and it WAS a [pretty one! (of course I can say I built the Taj ma Hall for you cant i?)

Well, happy July everyone.. Bible study tongith & lots & LOTS to do on home front today..

Here is a pix of my best buddy Patty (since we were 12 ... a “few” years ago) at the place we hiked yesterday. About 500 acres.. a lake & several ponds, old vandalized cemetery. It is a nature observatory area at the national park

I stopped going for about a year when Oliver died. It was too painful as this was the place we came almost daily. I would have my bike & he would run & we would go to pond & do stick & I could stretch out & take a nap or read & he would cuddle up next to me..

It was Pat's first time & she had never seen water lilies.. (other than pix). The one lake was loaded with them. This is an area called Terra Vista. Part of National Park but until 2 years ago NO signs & most of us enjoyed the rugged look. There were always fishermen at the ponds & some hikers & mountain bikers. Now they have signs, a few "paths".

The last pix is of the TRAILS.. now most of you wont think this is much of a trail, but prior one would navigate by walking through weeds that were waist high to over your head. So this is an improvement. There is also an old cemetery. One of the three oldest in NE Ohio. Very much vandalized unfortunately. Some of the areas show evidence of the earlier settlers with the spring cultivate plants in bloom. The only connection other than a very obscure occasional foundation stone

There is quite a bit of poison Ivy so carrying a bottle of sudsy water helps.. Every 10 min or so just swathed your lower legs These pix started out at 4.8 MB each!!! I had them on highest setting (by accidnet).. reduced them with my fujiPix program.. automatic reduction to 600 etc.

79 posted on 07/02/2008 6:14:20 AM PDT by DollyCali (Don't tell GOD how big your storm is -- Tell the storm how B-I-G your God is!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 72 | View Replies]

To: PGalt

Good Morning, PGalt.
Happy Wednesay!! Make it a great one.

80 posted on 07/02/2008 7:04:00 AM PDT by JustAmy (I wear red every Friday, but I support our Military everyday!!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 73 | View Replies]

To: ST.LOUIE1; Mama_Bear; Billie; DollyCali; La Enchiladita; dutchess; Aquamarine; GodBlessUSA; OESY; ..
July 2, 2008

Graphic by Billie

He knows when you're happy
He knows when you're comfortable
He knows when you're confident
And he always knows when you have carrots.
~Author Unknown

I bless the hoss from hoof to head -
From head to hoof, and tale to mane! -
I bless the hoss, as I have said,
From head to hoof, and back again!
~James Whitcomb Riley

The horses paw and prance and neigh,
Fillies and colts like kittens play,
And dance and toss their rippled manes
Shining and soft as silken skeins;...
~Oliver Wendell Holmes

Somewhere in time's own space
There must be some sweet pastured place
Where creeks sing on and tall trees grow
Some paradise where horses go,
For by the love that guides my pen
I know great horses live again.
~Stanley Harrison

My horse's feet are as swift as rolling thunder
He carries me away from all my fears
And when the world threatens to fall asunder
His mane is there to wipe away my tears.
~Bonnie Lewis

81 posted on 07/02/2008 7:50:10 AM PDT by JustAmy (I wear red every Friday, but I support our Military everyday!!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 80 | View Replies]

To: JustAmy; Billie

Lovely graphic and commentary

82 posted on 07/02/2008 8:10:34 AM PDT by MEG33 (God Bless Our Military)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 81 | View Replies]

To: JustAmy; All; Mama_Bear; Billie; The Mayor; LUV W; La Enchiladita; Kitty Mittens; MEG33; jaycee; ...
Good Morning :)

Wanted to pop in and say hello. We are having a wonderful time with Coastie home. I'm dreading his leaving next week.

I hope everyone is well! Wishing you all a terrific day!

83 posted on 07/02/2008 8:14:03 AM PDT by GodBlessUSA (US Troops, Past, Present and Future, God Bless You and Thank You! Prayers said for our Heroes!)

To: FRiends; JustAmy; Mama_Bear; Billie; NicknamedBob; ST.LOUIE1; Cardhu; Kitty Mittens; ...

A YELLOW FLOWER

A yellow flower—brave 'though a bit shy
wanted so badly to jump up and fly.

His wish was bigger than all other things
and one day he grew two small yellow wings.

He got colored spots that gave him power—
a butterfly's born out of the flower.

A blue flower now wants to jump and fly
but somehow he can't—he still wonders why.

His wish might not be as big as the sky
or he just cannot be a butterfly.

What the planet would look like—a bird sings—
if all the flowers got butterfly wings?

Dragana Konstantinovic
Translated by the author

~Have A Beautiful Day Everyone~

84 posted on 07/02/2008 8:17:17 AM PDT by MEG33 (God Bless Our Military)

To: GodBlessUSA

I know you are having fun with your son! (((HUGS)))

85 posted on 07/02/2008 8:19:36 AM PDT by MEG33 (God Bless Our Military)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 83 | View Replies]

Hi (((Meg)))
How are you? :)
We are having so much fun. Time is going fast. We've been so busy and today we can finally just relax a bit.

The deer ate a lot of the roses and quite a few other plants....
Time to put up deer fencing. ;)
86 posted on 07/02/2008 8:32:25 AM PDT by GodBlessUSA (US Troops, Past, Present and Future, God Bless You and Thank You! Prayers said for our Heroes!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 85 | View Replies]

Oh my! It does seem time for fencing..
I am fine...I am having to catch up on some paperwork, business affairs lately..Busy!

My hummingbirds are really giving me a treat this year..I see one just now with a spider web hanging from it’s tail..One got caught once at my daughter’s in one huge web with a big black and yellow spider..She freed it before the spider got to it...She was yelling and I went out to see what she was upset about! The web of course was then knocked down.

87 posted on 07/02/2008 8:45:38 AM PDT by MEG33 (God Bless Our Military)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 86 | View Replies]

Good Morning to all!
Just coming in for a brief moment to say Hello. I am busy today as it looks as if granddaughter Shelby will be released from the hospital back to outpatient tomorrow. If this be the case, she will probably come here with my daughter for a overnight as it is closer to the hospital than all the way to La Verne. Pray for us!

Hugs and Loads of love...love the graphic beauty here as always.
Polly

88 posted on 07/02/2008 10:06:27 AM PDT by pollywog (I will lift mine eyes to the hills from whence cometh my help. My help comes from the Lord...Ps 121)

To: All

Happy Wednesday, Everyone!
Stay Cool today!

89 posted on 07/02/2008 10:21:52 AM PDT by yorkie ( Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....It's about learning to dance in the rain.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 88 | View Replies]

To: JustAmy; Billie; DollyCali; MEG33; pollywog; jaycee; GodBlessUSA; Cardhu; All; FRiends
Sending Thank you's to Everyone for the Fun Posts, and Wishes for a Beautiful Day. Dolly, I Read about the Poison Ivy that you Encounter while Hiking, and I've Got it on Both Arms Right Now, Lol, because it's All Over the King's Ranch. Polly, my Heart is Thanking our Lord that Shelby is Better. Hugs to All!

90 posted on 07/02/2008 10:49:13 AM PDT by Kitty Mittens (To God Be All Excellent Praise!!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 88 | View Replies]

Lol, I Love that Graphic, Yorkie! : ) It's Adorable!

91 posted on 07/02/2008 11:15:11 AM PDT by Kitty Mittens (To God Be All Excellent Praise!!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 89 | View Replies]

Yorkie, I have my squirrels spoiled~~LOL~~

92 posted on 07/02/2008 11:20:06 AM PDT by jaycee
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 89 | View Replies]

To: The Mayor

Very sweet and touching message this morning! Thanks so much, Mr. Mayor!

93 posted on 07/02/2008 11:23:56 AM PDT by jaycee
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 78 | View Replies]

To: JustAmy; Billie

Thats a very precious picture by Billie. And the short poems are so nice. Thanks, Amy.

94 posted on 07/02/2008 11:26:04 AM PDT by jaycee

To: The Mayor

"Lord, use us as Your instruments
Of truth and love and care,
And may we bring encouragement
As Your good news we share."
—Sper

Good morning, Mayor. Thank you for sharing this message.

Hope you Wednesday is Wonderful.

95 posted on 07/02/2008 11:28:24 AM PDT by JustAmy (I wear red every Friday, but I support our Military everyday!!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 78 | View Replies]

Hi G.B., that is such a sweet graphic. Glad to hear you are getting to enjoy your wonderful son. Time does go fast for us when we are enjoying ourselves so much. Like the saying “Time flies when you’re having fun”. Grab it all while you can!

96 posted on 07/02/2008 11:28:36 AM PDT by jaycee
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 83 | View Replies]

How beautiful the butterfly picture is....Love the beautiful yellow. Yellow is a happy color, I think! I sure liked the poem too. (Computer has been worked on....son recovered my bookmarks...what would I do without him?)

97 posted on 07/02/2008 11:31:20 AM PDT by jaycee
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 84 | View Replies]

So cute!

98 posted on 07/02/2008 11:37:08 AM PDT by jaycee
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 72 | View Replies]

To: DollyCali

Good afternoon, Dolly.

Thanks for the pictures of your dog walk.

Hope you are having a Wonderful Wednesday.

99 posted on 07/02/2008 11:47:58 AM PDT by JustAmy (I wear red every Friday, but I support our Military everyday!!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 79 | View Replies]

100 posted on 07/02/2008 11:51:29 AM PDT by JustAmy (I wear red every Friday, but I support our Military everyday!!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 82 | View Replies]

Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first previous 1-5051-100101-150151-200 ... 2,301-2,316 next last

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson